I am leaving planet minecraft

Epic1wolf's Avatar Epic1wolf8/3/20 1:18 pm
8/25/2020 6:35 pm
Undeady's Avatar Undeady
I am leaving for a while I am just fed up with not getting noticed have you seen the popular page recently the skins are un textured and just terrible not all of them though aspirin and all those other good skinners are still popular wich I am glad but the amount of minimal effort skins are just too much and you could at least put a little noise in to help texture but no you have to put Zero effort im not leaving forever but for a while atleast
Epic1wolf
Level 19 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/24/2020 5:39 pm
Level 81 : Elite Sweetheart
Michiru
The best ways to become popular are to interact with other users, for instance by participating in unofficial contests, and to have a unique and recognizable style. Gaining notoriety takes time and efforts, it does not come in a jiffy. Admittedly, networking helps a lot when you're not that good at making skins but still a kind and curious person.
08/24/2020 5:48 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
I don't think the unoffiicial contests are a "must", ad being socially networked if one doesn't feel up to it ins't a prerequisite either. :) Patience and just doing what should be done, which is enjoying Minecraft and whatever art/builds you love doing (plus patience) that is key above anything else. :)
08/24/2020 5:49 pm
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
(Also I should say, it's sad for someone to want to be "popular" as that is a fake construct: rather, work on enjoying the things in MInecraft that one loves and see how it pans out here but NOT judge oneself on false constructs of popularity on the site.)
08/24/2020 4:56 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Skinner
Thqnder
Trust me, it's kind of annoying. My skins tend to rarely reach above 200 views while skins that look like they were just copied and pasted from RPG Maker 2010 get tens of thousands. I don't really care about popularity, since that's not why I make skins, but it is something I've noticed. Unless you're in the big loop with all the popular kids, you won't get any attention.
08/24/2020 5:50 pm
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
Then again, who would want to be in some loop that isn't truly sincere? I think the main thing people should focus on it getting to proudly display their work here, but please, no one should judge themselves only on popularity on just a website: consider it for what it's worth, and rather focus on using the site to share. :)
08/24/2020 6:28 pm
Thqnder
Yeah. I've been on PMC for about 6 years and have constantly improved with each skin. I'm glad that I can look back on some of my skins, despite how terrible they were. I don't care about how many diamonds or views I get. I'm just happy that I got to share my progress with others throughout the years, even though not many people have seen it.
08/24/2020 6:31 pm
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
Absolutely awesome to hear, and it is totally how I feel about my stuff here as well! I am so happy to see your reply, thank you! <3
08/24/2020 8:16 pm
Thqnder
Same to you!
08/05/2020 10:29 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
TheRealLTG
Goodbye, Epic1wolf. You will be missed T_T
08/05/2020 10:19 am
Level 28 : Expert Artist
SlimeyarntMC
This is why i also hate PMC feed literally they only show up smth with low effort a pvp pack, mini pack, add pack, mod that create using mcreator and low effort build that even it not used as overlay that just trash the feed with something bad and it hard to spot the good one
08/03/2020 6:03 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Boy
DollEyedNurse
I was like you once, but let me tell you something.

Things like "popularity" and being noticed take a looooot of hard work. It has taken me 3 years to get 53 followers on Instagram for example and I do detailed digital art! You have to work for it if you want to get anywhere and nothing will be handed to you just like that. You have to build a style, taste, and keep posting in order to capture people's attention. People like originality, a unique style for example.

And this website is not that bad! If you look hard enough there are tons of talented artists who make skins and texture packs. You just have to use the right keywords when looking for them :) Don't get discouraged. You will be fine. If making skins and other Minecraft related things is not your passion then there is also nothing wrong with not doing it either... I wish you luck!
08/03/2020 6:06 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Boy
DollEyedNurse
Art is never a competition, it comes from the heart. If you really like doing it then you will do so without expecting anything in return right? Just keep building your profile, if people like it then its a plus! If not, you did something for yourself, you made something from your own soul and hands! Not many people can say that :)
08/03/2020 5:23 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
SaneGamer
You don’t have to leave because of that. Over time you will get more people that look at your submissions. It just takes time to get up there.
08/03/2020 5:11 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Spongie
To get noticed it takes time. Make cool skins and practice often and advertise. Eventually you will get noticed. You also have to reach out more. You have to talk to people and make friends who will give you tips. You don't just become popular. It takes time. So enjoy your time away (Everyone needs a break some times) and come back when you are ready and take our advice.
08/03/2020 4:57 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Imposter
kacybuggy
I believe you are describing the player, "Epic1wolf."
08/03/2020 4:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Tsuyu Asui
r/woosh
08/03/2020 4:07 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger
Creative_Kylee
All you need is practice to get dem clout points! You can't expect to get noticed right away. You could maybe even start a request thread. That's how I started out. Just try not to get overwhelmed. :3
08/03/2020 3:57 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Princess
MOLTENONI
(i really want to just type "git gud" so badly...)

look, mate, pal, buddy, i'm probably the worst "advice-ioner" here but...

take your time, art isn't really a game of popularity so just keep on doing whatevs you like, eventually you will find a gorgeous golden magnificient idea that will boost your clout power by 50000%

but until then... have fun, keep getting better, make friendsw, experiment, start a terrible campaign to become president, etc

overall, git gud (I DID IT YEEEEEEES)
08/03/2020 3:25 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Toast
Cam Greeny
riddance.
08/03/2020 3:20 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
anonpmc1572080
[deleted]
08/03/2020 3:10 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Miner
MrSinister718
Bye
08/03/2020 2:54 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Just A Soviet
how do you expect to rise in fame if you're the one who's blaming everyone for trying and trying to praise YOUR work without waiting
08/03/2020 2:42 pm
Level 46 : Master Fox
Foxx-
Nooooo........
08/03/2020 2:24 pm
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Ang333
I'm sorry but
That's not how it works bud. I also was like you at the start. Then I started getting noticed, and look where I am now. You should start by focusing on the quantity, then on the quality, and at the end on the popularity.
08/03/2020 2:40 pm
Level 48 : Master Musician
IHasFins
ikr; if you expect everyone to notice you at the start, you're just gonna end up really disappointed.
08/03/2020 3:28 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
08/24/2020 4:53 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Undeady
A question mankind could never answer lol.
08/24/2020 8:24 pm
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
just wanted to say i love that band (your pfp). space cowboys SLAPS HARD. shame no one takes them seriously because of their name.
08/25/2020 6:35 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Undeady
BRO I DIDN'T THINK ANYONE WOULD RECOGNIZE THEM. Dude bless your soul holy crap on all gaming-oriented social media sites I've been, you're the first to recognize them. I swear lol I feel you about that. Half the folks shunning them all because of their name that's been explained that it was for satirical humor. They really should walk past that and listen, they hit MAD hard bro. Invoke the Smoke's my favorite but Space Cowboy hits hard too. lol you made my day man, have a blessed evening, metal on \m/.
08/03/2020 8:29 pm
Level 48 : Master Musician
IHasFins
Good question. lol
08/03/2020 2:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Artist
Wisteri
You haven't been on this site for very long. You are not going to get noticed immediately. I think your skins are good and you just need more practice and people will notice you eventually.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome