It needs to be stopped..

FireBellFairy's Avatar FireBellFairy2/4/18 5:06 pm
15 emeralds 601 16
2/6/2018 4:51 am
Smandude25's Avatar Smandude25
So, there are some problems I NEED to talk about.

Everyone knows about this, and it sounds like I'm complaining. Sure, maybe I am complaining. But whos going to stop me from stating the bold truth? Anyway, lets get to the point..

On skindex, there are people 'editing' edited skins.
Who had the idea to 'edit' a skin in the first place???

It is fine if you just edit a skin. But if you upload it.. GIVE CREDIT!!!

There are so many people editing skins and giving credit to me. Thats alright. Alot of them are starters and don't really know how to shade. But atleast they know how to read.

Honestly, I've seen re-uploaded skins having the name of 'dgyuqqi9p'

Do you really think that is believable?

The part I hate the most is when someone re-colours something, uses a base, or even re-uploads a skin. AND CLAIMS IT THEIRS!
Are you kidding me? Do you want to be banned!?

It has happend to me once. Someone re-coloured my base stating that it was theirs...
I ended up telling them that they were going to be banned if they didn't give credit or delete it.

Anyway. I'm sorry for complaining about this useless stuff. And there are already SO many posts about this. But I felt like being know for stating something about skin-stealers.

Feel free to comment if you really want to..

FireBellFairy
Level 49 : Master Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/06/2018 4:51 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Dragon
Smandude25
That. Is. So. True.
02/05/2018 7:57 pm
FireBellFairy
I've found so many stolen skins today.

Annoyed much?
02/05/2018 2:12 pm
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
and faithful edit pvp packs
02/05/2018 1:02 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Sailor
Rhines
Agreed, several different skinning sites have this problem on them, but as far as I've seen (luckily) PMC deals with the stolen skins swiftly and efficiently.
02/05/2018 8:51 am
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
This is why PMC does not allow use of skindex ;)
Nobody likes stolen content. Stealing skins (or anything for that matter) is a crime.
02/05/2018 7:48 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Pizzaisfit
thats nice
02/04/2018 7:55 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Taco
Knux
Skindex is a pool of stolen stuff. I don't even care about the creators. at least you can find what you need
02/05/2018 8:47 am
Level 30 : Artisan Blockhead
MysticMarineon
Well you should! I mean you at least have to credit! And yes, skindex i pretty much a 'pool of stolen stuff' but just because a lot of other people steal skins, doesn't mean stealing skins is aloud.
02/05/2018 1:13 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
izzygirlgamer1
yeah agreed I started using skindex but then I started using a different skin website
02/05/2018 11:30 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Taco
Knux
yeah i dont even think there are staff there. Best not to worry about it
02/05/2018 2:01 pm
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
not to mention its still in beta and has halloween theme
02/04/2018 7:39 pmhistory
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Well... While skin-stealing on Planetminecraft can be hard to find because the moderators are amazing at removing stolen skins if evidence is provided - Skindex on the other hand...

I fully understand the struggle and how annoying it is to have a skin stolen (Apart from the fact that it was my building which was stolen) but when you look at the two communities then: PMC is a bit more mature, while skindex user's are mostly kids from what I know (I work at a kindergarten in Denmark where just about every kid who has Minecraft also has a skindex user.)

I know it sucks to say, but you can remove their skins as many times as you want, you can ban them as many times as you want. They always come back to re-do their "stealing" because they aren't aware of what they're actually doing. The kids I work with as an example have yet to understand when something is "sharing" and when something is "Stealing" online.
02/04/2018 5:23 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
CaelChan
Aye I definitely agree! So many people take others bases and claim it as theirs and honestly that's not cool. I've seen it firsthand.

Luckily there are some people out there who are willing to accept that they indeed skin steal and take down the skin or give credit. More often than not though I've seen people get defensive and "claim" that it was theirs first and delete any evidence used against them. There was this one time someone blocked me on skinseed because I pointed out that

You can really tell if someone is a skinstealer if you look at their skins as a collective whole and if their shading style keeps changing drastically then you know you've got one on your hands
02/04/2018 5:27 pm
FireBellFairy
Yup... I try to stop it but it never works. If only I could send this out to every single skin stealer...

And yeah, I agree. If their shading style keeps changing drastically that usally means that they are a skin stealer.
02/04/2018 5:22 pmhistory
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
StickerMasterLuke
Yes. But, some people like me do not fully claim it as theirs as side with editing. When I edit a skin, it would not look exact to the original.

For us, we are free to use any skin we'd like. Editing can possibly mean that they edited/made it.
02/04/2018 5:26 pm
FireBellFairy
Yeah. The problem is people edit the eye colour, or edit 'ears' onto the skin. And don't say anything in the description/tags, exept for 'jhhjdf' or 'Not Mine.'

But if you edited skins just enough that you couldn't notice it and still gave credit, you'd be an amazing person!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome