AirshipCraft - MASSIVE Passion Project, Please Read!

zune_cs's Avatar zune_cs3/21/23 6:02 pm history
4/1/2023 5:03 pm
zune_cs's Avatar zune_cs
Hey there,

My name is Zune, and I am the project manager for AirshipCraft: Reborn (AC:R). We are currently recruiting new volunteers to join our ambitious development team due to the increasing demand that has been placed on our existing volunteers.

Please note that all open positions are non-paid voluntary work, as such prospective volunteers should NOT expect financial compensation for their contributions at this current time.

I am excited to work with all of you and hope to be working alongside you soon!

- Zune (Project Manager)

----------------------------------------

We are currently recruiting for:
  • Java Developers
    • Knowledge of the Spigot/paper API
    • Experience/knowledge of working with JDA
  • Web Developers
    • HTML/CSS
    • JavaScript
    • Python
    • PHP
  • Graphic Designers
  • Model Designers
  • Resource Pack Designers
  • Builders
  • Writers
    • Story writers for lore or quests and worldbuilding
    • Advertisement and documentation writers/proofreaders

What is AirshipCraft: Reborn?

AC:R combines elements of MMORPG games with geopolitical themes. The project is centered around creating and maintaining civilizations and interactions with fully autonomous NPC nations. These NPC nations interact with other NPC nations as well as player-made nations. The artistic design of the project is a fantasy steampunk “Victorian” esc theme. It’s very hard to summarize the entire premise of the project in one short post so please feel free to ask questions!

Requirements:
  • Be able to both speak and understand English.
  • Be able to commit time to the project.
    • It’s a very large project and will take a very long time to complete so deadlines are not always set in stone, and I am very understanding of people’s situations, and I will always encourage them to put their real life first! Just looking for you to set aside some time to contribute something even if it’s just input.
  • Be able to work well and effectively communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
  • Have the willingness to learn and enthusiasm for the project!

Staff Benefits:
  • Friendly community and staff team.
  • Tasks that are both challenging and engaging.
  • Development of your portfolio / professional development.

Discord: zune#8662

E-mail: airshipcraft.biz@gmail.com
zune_cs
Level 15 : Journeyman Pirate

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/01/2023 5:03 pm
zune_cs
thank you to BuildingBrute for letting me post this on his group!
03/26/2023 11:47 am
zune_cs
the search is still on! especially looking for more builders!
03/25/2023 1:14 am
zune_cs
still looking!
03/23/2023 5:38 amhistory
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
OLEGSHA
It’s very hard to summarize the entire premise of the project in one short post
Consider making a design document in something like Google Docs if you haven't already, and link to it here. This way those interested by your post will have a much easier time learning more about the project, and this helps immensely when looking for contributors. Kinda hard to get invested in a project that I barely know anything about, and if I'm not invested, I'm not going to proactively ask for details.
03/23/2023 8:53 am
zune_cs
We do have a design document but PMC seems to keep removing the link when I attempt to put it, it's currently unfinished but I try to add on to it whenever I find the time: https://www.airshipcraft.tk/docs/book/
03/23/2023 5:33 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
OLEGSHA
What kind of project is it? Sounds like a server with custom plugins, but it could well be a modpack or a single mod as far as I can tell... If it's either of the latter ones, is it open-source?
03/23/2023 8:52 am
zune_cs
It's a server with custom plugins, the goal is to try and be as accessible as possible in-order to read a wider audience and the plugins are planned to be kept open source (for the most part)
03/23/2023 4:10 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Cookie
nathsphere
i mean i could do a lil bit of building/desigining
03/23/2023 8:47 am
zune_cs
That would be great! please feel free to contact me on discord and I'll get you set up!
03/23/2023 1:03 am
zune_cs
Still searching!
03/21/2023 7:21 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
A Lost Boy
okay first off - did you mean to say "prospective volunteers shound NOT expect financial compensation...?"
03/21/2023 8:24 pm
zune_cs
ah thanks for catching that.

to address your other comment, it's a volunteer job.

I'm not looking for knowledgeable people, just people willing to work with whatever skills they currently have. There are plenty of experienced members already part of the team who are more than willing to teach those willing to learn. I myself am still learning Java day by day but that hasn't stopped me from trying to take on this project lol
03/21/2023 7:25 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
A Lost Boy
and second... unfortunately, I am not the person you're looking for. But I bet there are many others. However, Planet Minecraft may not be the best place to look. Consider hopping on Reddit or some other place where you're likely to find professionals. I, like many others on Planet Minecraft, am a kid, and I am neither equipped nor knowledgeable enough to contribute in a significant way to this project. I wish you the best of luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome