Roman Builders looking for more!

JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland11/3/14 7:11 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 28
12/26/2015 4:44 pm
JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland
Hello,
My friend and I http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/shimoto/ as well as Funkster42 and Fabiswa, are currently building a roman city, Augusta Trevorum http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -trevorum/ modern day Trier. We have a good start on the city, but there is still a lot to do. The city has all the amenities of any Great Imperial city, and we would love to find some fellow roman builders to join us.
we use this texture pack http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/romecraft/

overhead view

smaller of 2 courtyards

Larger courtyard courtyard with Basilica

Larger Courtyard other direction

Interior of entrance

Interior of Basilica

So if anyone might be interested in building with us, contact us or respond in this thread!

JC
JCHelland
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2015 8:39 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
ahiaoshfhz
Hi!I can do some Roman building-I mean,I do some projects every now and then.Now,first I realise there a still a few buildings that are not mentioned(e.g Porta Nigra,Constatine Basilicia)But then,I would like to know which year approximately this build is being done,especially if it is to be historically accurate.I do not have shaders btw, so I might require some advice as to making the builds match the shaders.
12/26/2015 4:44 pm
JCHelland
Sorry it took so long to answer, we took a break for a bit. You are correct, we did not list every building that is in the city, but we are doing them. For example the Basillica of Constantine is part of the imperial palace complex, and we have actually already built it. It was in the last update we did, and there is at least one picture of it in the project pictures. As far as a time frame we are building it at the generic time of its greatest height, say around 337 AD just after the time of Constantine the Great, when it was the capitail of Belgica.
08/01/2015 12:29 am
Level 29 : Expert Musician
DoubleRB
Still looking for help?
02/24/2015 2:13 pm
JCHelland
We updated our city again, and we are still looking for history buffs to help!
02/08/2015 9:12 pm
JCHelland
Still on the hunt for fellow roman builders! We have 2 pretty much full time builders, and several occasional builders and a big city to build! Anyone who is interested in roman building or learning roman building is welcome to PM me or respond here!
02/02/2015 5:41 pm
JCHelland
I sent you a PM Galla!
02/02/2015 9:50 am
Level 23 : Expert Architect
Galla Placidia
Hi,
I would like to help you with your project, if you are still looking for builders.
I would be happy if I could participate in such a project! If you want you can check my projects, they aren't realy big structures but I think i could build even better and bigger than my previous ones!

GallaPlacidia
01/31/2015 6:12 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for roman style builders! Our city is coming along nicely, but we are still looking for like minded builders to join us. In addition to our city, we have also decide to do one off builds to take a break from city building. We are currently planning to do the 7 ancient wonders of the world as our side projects, starting with, I think, the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus, the same city where our first one off project came from, which is the Library of Ephesus. At anyrate, if there are any roman style builders out there, or anyone who wants to learn and be a part of roman and ancient style building, shoot me a PM or respond here!

JC
01/23/2015 2:10 am
JCHelland
Pm sent as well Wambo!
01/23/2015 1:57 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Wambo
Interested. PM sent
01/22/2015 11:51 pm
JCHelland
We just updated our project http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -trevorum/
We are still looking for other like minded roman builders! Send me a PM with any questions!
01/14/2015 3:23 pm
JCHelland
Still on the hunt for fellow Roman builders! Shoot me a PM or respond here!
12/29/2014 8:34 pm
JCHelland
We were a bit slow on updating for the holidays, but we are starting back up again, and have made a decent update to our project http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -trevorum/ . Still looking for roman buffs and builders and even anyone willing to help with presentation, as we can do presentation, but we are builders at heart. Shoot Shimoto or my self a PM if,you are interested in helping!

JC
11/25/2014 11:39 pm
JCHelland
We are still going with this project! It has a good bit to go but we already have 4 builders(listed in the first post, all in PMC) One from Germany, one from the Neatherlands, one from Conneticut and myself from Alaska. All of us are roman/history buffs and we would love to find a few more people to help us with our project. Reply here or PM me for for info!

JC
11/19/2014 9:58 pm
JCHelland
Updated our recuiting to say we added Fabiswa and Funkster42 and are still looking for roman builders!
11/17/2014 4:15 pm
JCHelland
PM sent Fabiswa!
11/17/2014 8:34 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
FabiSwa
hey guys, i would like to join the buildteam and help realize this project.
11/12/2014 3:56 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for interested people!
11/11/2014 4:38 pm
JCHelland
Still potentially looking for like minded builders and someone who might assist with renders. We will probably post the project soon even without renders, but we are still looking!

Project is now officially posted
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -trevorum/
11/09/2014 1:35 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
KestrelGirl
All right, thanks!
11/09/2014 11:59 am
KestrelGirl
OK. The build's on a server, right? If so, what's the IP and if there is a whitelist, can I be added? I'd love to check it out with shaders!
11/09/2014 1:28 pm
JCHelland
Yes to everything. It will be a while before I can log on and whitelist you, probably several hours at minimum, but it should be later today. Otherwise yes all around. I will PM you the IP as we do not want to publicly list it, and I will do that also when I get home and into my machine (on my iPad right now)
11/08/2014 5:56 pm
JCHelland
Still on the hunt for interested buildes and people to help with renders or presentation!
11/07/2014 12:35 am
KestrelGirl
Hello there!
It's me again. I may not build, but I can do some nice shader pics using lagless shaders (not exactly full-on renders, but pretty anyway, especially for my budget laptop!).
The build looks great so far!
11/07/2014 1:09 am
JCHelland
I am glad to hear from you again!
Thank you for the kind words! If you are willing to help in anyway for renders, shading, any of that we would gladly take it. It took me 10*edits just to get those small stupid pictures in this thread. We can build, but presenting appears to be a challenge for both of us.

And if you might still be interested in the building part, we are still, and will be for the foreseeable future, looking for good builders! Send me anothe PM if you are still interested!

JC
*(11 now that I added the texture pack edit, lol)
11/06/2014 11:51 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
how many renders do you need and by when, how big, and what resource pack? I might be able to do them for you if nobody else steps up
11/07/2014 12:59 am
JCHelland
We have no numbers or or dates or requirements. Our Forum is close to done, another few days. We simply want to present it in the best light possible as a start to our project. I should have mentioned it in my original post, and will edit it to say so, but we use http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/romecraft/ We can post the project with just screen shots, but we wanted to.....I don't know, make it "pop"!
11/06/2014 11:06 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for like minded roman builders, and anyone who might be able to help with renders, pictures and presentation!

Respond here or to either Shimoto or I by PM!

JC
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome