Roman City of Heraclea

JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland2/4/14 7:00 pm
1 emeralds 254 6
2/9/2014 1:43 pm
JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland
Hello!
I am looking to form (or join) a small build team that focuses on ancient history builds. I am a history nerd, and love ancient history in particular, starting with Roman and going backward. Including Greek, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Minoan, Mycenaean, Phoenician, Babylonian etc (but not Renaissance or Medieval, I like the period but want to build older. I wouldn't mind at all doing Aztec, Mayan or something along those lines either). I would really like to find a couple more history geeks to build with, as I enjoy building more in a small group of like minded people then building alone.

At any rate, I have started work on a fictional roman city called Heraclea (real city name, fake city, loosely based on Portus). This is going to be a fairly large city, including all the bells and whistles that a bustling Roman trading city would have. So if anyone out there would be interested in building ancient history builds, shoot me a PM. Here is what I am looking for in teammates:

1) a love and knowledge of ancient history - I am looking for people that know history, and know these ancient cultures decently well, not that just think it would be cool. You gotta know it a bit

2) patience - these are going to be big, well thought out and planned builds that will take some time and patience to complete.

3) teamwork - this is a team, so I'm looking for people that can get along with other people in a small group (3-5)

4) a small amount of building experience - I would like to see a couple pictures of a couple builds. Doesn't have to be world class or anything, just want to see what you are capable of.

That's about it. This is a team, not a job, so I don't need any applications. Just meet the 4 criteria, obviously have a love of minecraft and history and that is all! If you are interested, please PM me, as it is much easier for me to keep track of conversations by PM then in a thread.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some history buffs soon!

JC

Here is a link to Heraclea: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -heraclea/
And my profile page: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/jchelland/
JCHelland
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd