SonoraBuild, a survival server with custom terrain, ranks, and economy, is looking to add to its moderation team.

InfamousArgyle's Avatar InfamousArgyle7/6/19 10:12 pm history
2 emeralds 273 5
8/16/2019 6:53 pm
SilvaeMC's Avatar SilvaeMC
Hello! I'm Infa and I'm hiring staff for SonoraBuild, a nongriefing survival server I co-own. I'm searching for talented staff to moderate my server and make the Backcountry a wonderful place to hang out. Most of your duties won't be catching bad guys or maintaining the peace (we're pretty chill), but hanging out with the community and being helpful.

SonoraBuild wants to know what makes you unique, because we are a unique place. By signing up for this position, you acknowledge that you are a volunteer staff member and are in it for the fun of moderating a community and cultivating a positive atmosphere… Which is the same reason the owners maintain this server.

Hopefully, by the time you’ve decided on becoming staff, you’ve joined and played a little. Being staff is a two way street and you shouldn’t do it before you decide you like who you’ll be working with. You pick us as much as we pick you. Here's our PMC page so you can see what we're all about.

Our app is below. Please be sure to open all the spoilers and copy the prompts from each. You can reply to this thread with your answers!

Short Answer Section

IGN:
DIscord:

Version in which you started playing minecraft:
Previous Server Staff Experience (list gameplay style of servers):

Any spoken/written languages besides English:

Timezone:

Mini-Paragraphs (Just a few sentences is all you need)

What’s it mean to you to be inclusive? No dictionary definitions please!

List one of your skills and one of your weaknesses in minecraft and describe them a little.

Free Write (As much as you want)

Why do you want to be staff?

Have you done anything cool on the server lately? If not, do you have plans for what you’re going to build?

What is the coolest thing you’ve done in any video game?
InfamousArgyle
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/16/2019 6:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SilvaeMC
IGN: Silvae

DIscord: Silvae#0001

Version in which you started playing minecraft: 1.0

Previous Server Staff Experience (list gameplay style of servers): PurePvP (Factions) : SrMod

Freedomcraft (SMP) : Administrator

all 7 of my servers ( SMP - Factions - Towny - Fuedal - Skyblock ) : Owner + Developer

Any spoken/written languages besides English: no

Timezone: Central

What’s it mean to you to be inclusive? No dictionary definitions please! : this to me means that we include everyone within the community and we dont hold hostility against them.

List one of your skills and one of your weaknesses in minecraft and describe them a little.
Skill : Digging. - Currently I am the owner of a 4,000 block hyperloop.
Weakness : Hunger - Darn you realism, let me dig.

Why do you want to be staff? : Currently I have a lot of playtime on Sonora, Ive seen players leave because of a small glitch or bug. theres also been times where hackers and exploiters have joined and current staff wasnt available to take care of it, Id like to keep the server community safe from all that. Im very dedicated when it comes to something I can control. I can provide an experienced staff member to your team.

Have you done anything cool on the server lately? If not, do you have plans for what you’re going to build? : Currently all I have is my hyperloop, I plan to build small towns in each ravine I pass through.

What is the coolest thing you’ve done in any video game? : I almost can speedrun mirrors edge.
07/09/2019 12:16 pm
enoe19
IGN: Enoe19
Discord: Enoe19#3788

Version in which you started playing minecraft: Around 1.7
Previous Server Staff Experience (list gameplay style of servers): 2 servers, 1 not up yet and the other one is a roman/greek styled rp server.

Any spoken/written languages besides English: Norwegian (im from norway btw)

Timezone: CEST
07/08/2019 1:21 am
Nekokatkat
IGN:TheZec
DIscord:Neko#3046

Version in which you started playing minecraft: 1.0
Previous Server Staff Experience (list gameplay style of servers):
Prison, Skyblock, UHC, Survival Games, TDM, Towny, Survival, SMP, Land Claim, FTB, Creative.
Any spoken/written languages besides English: Spanish

Timezone: CT

What’s it mean to you to be inclusive? It means bringing in people to do things even if they aren't the best or they can be annoying. Making sure they are always welcomed.

List one of your skills and one of your weaknesses in minecraft and describe them a little. My strengths are redstone and development I am great at permissions and catching hackers. A weakness I have is I'm not the best at making big detailed builds because I never really practiced it

Why do you want to be staff?
I want to be Mod for several reasons. I don't want Mod just to mess around with commands, or brag about my awesome prefix, I actually want to help people. I mean, sure being Mod would be fun, but It's also quite a difficult job that I've heard from some of the staff. The main reason why I want to be a staff member is to make sure everyone is having a fun time on this fantastic server. I'd hate for someone to leave all because of someone being disrespectful, They need help with something or they just simply don't know what to do/how to play. Another reason why I want Mod is to stop hackers. I hate hackers, They ruin the fun for everyone else by having lots of unfair advantages such as god mode/regeneration hacks or aimbot. The third reason why I'd like moderator is to help other staff members. Normally, you would see in most applications that they only want to help players, but sometimes staff need a hand too, like building or testing maps, new mini-games and plugins. I tried managing a whole server by myself and it was really difficult, but with the help of a few extra people, my job ended up being a whole lot easier. Also I would like to be a Mod, because I believe I can construct an optimistic, welcoming and productive atmosphere on the server and here on the forums. Users are often disregarded, which, let me tell you, hurts. Becoming a Mod has been an ambition of mine for approximately a few weeks when I have heard about it. I will actively play on the server, and will be exceptionally active on the forums. The Mod position is filled with great perks to improve the Mod society, and I believe I will be able to handle these perks and use them to improve the overall population of your server. There are 2 key things a server needs, equality and unity. Equality means to have all members care for each other the same (in a positive way). Donors often intimidate/taunt the players who are an inferior status than they are. I’ll be able to make your server attain equality by sharing insights, tips, and that users can accomplish their goals of becoming staff. Now, for unity. Unity is an immense quality to encompass in a server. It means that all members, Donors or Members, can cooperate together without any arguments or such. Let me tell you a little story, Well, there is a small server that I play on regularly, I used to be a very well respected member there. Until one day, the owner asked me if I could help him with some technical stuff like plugins, and new warps, etc. I did help him and he was grateful, so he asked me what I wanted. I told him that I would love to be part of their staff. So, he made me Trial-Mod. After a while of helping out lots of people he noticed that I was ready to be a Mod. So I got Moderator, and also got OP to help him build. (This is last reason! ) I want to be a Moderator to help anyone who needs help, stop all of the spammers, advertisers, impersonators, or even hackers! I will always to my best to be as helpful as I can to a fellow staff member or a new player! I will never let a staff member down if he needs me. I can help anyone who needs my help. I will help new players, intermediate, in terms of how long they've been on the server, and even the advanced/veteran players of this server.

Have you done anything cool on the server lately? If not, do you have plans for what you’re going to build? I would like to build a survival city outpost.

What is the coolest thing you’ve done in any video game?
Win 300$ in CS:GO
07/07/2019 10:25 am
TheCac
IGN: TheCac
DIscord: TheCac#0082

Version in which you started playing minecraft: 1.7.9
Previous Server Staff Experience (list gameplay style of servers): Minigames server. Survival server. Not anymore

Any spoken/written languages besides English: Danish And A Little German

Timezone: GMT++ (I still ave a lot of time tho)
07/07/2019 11:44 am
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
Thanks for your interest! I hope you will also consider opening the other spoiler tabs in the application and providing additional answers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome