How on earth do i change the chest sounds

LukeAsArts's Avatar LukeAsArts7/14/17 8:25 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 5
7/15/2017 6:40 pm
Gealx3's Avatar Gealx3
So i'm having huge issue's with finding out how to change the chest and door sounds in minecraft. Any help?
LukeAsArts
Level 41 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/15/2017 6:40 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Gealx3
Chest sounds:
LOCATION: resourcepackname\assets\minecraft\sounds\block\chest
NAMES: close, close2, close3, open

Wooden door sounds:
LOCATION: resourcepackname\assets\minecraft\sounds\block\wooden_door
NAMES: close, close2, close3, close4, open, open2, open3, open4
07/15/2017 5:56 pm
Level 41 : Master Engineer
LukeAsArts
Well i know how to change textures i just can't find where to add in the new sound and what to name it.
07/15/2017 1:35 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
TheSavageHybrid
Boi, take a look at my pack AudioCraft as a reference for how to change sounds in a resource pack.

I assume you have a new chest sound file that you want to replace the default sound with in a resource pack perhaps. Let me just first say that a Sounds.JSON file is not needed in order to do only so much as changing the sounds. Sounds work the same way as textures, except they're OGG sound files instead of png texture files. It's all about getting the file names and their placements correct. To find all the locations and file names, go here:

AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\indexes

There, open the JSON file of the version you want to find the sounds from. In this case, it's probably 1.12. Inside the file are all the names and locations you need to know.
07/15/2017 11:11 am
Level 46 : Master Baconator
BRASHEXODUS
LukeAsArtsSo i'm having huge issue's with finding out how to change the chest and door sounds in minecraft. Any help?

which sounds would you want implimented? and its not too hard to change those sounds you would just have to create a sounds.json file for it. and have it direct it to that specific block. if you need help just message me on exactly what you need sir c:
07/15/2017 8:48 am
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
There are some sound in minecraft that can't be changed by resource packs without some serious coding!
I've tried to change the villager sounds and they stay the same!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome