Resorce pack editor???

KingJake's Avatar KingJake11/10/13 10:57 am
11/10/2013 6:56 pm
SquircularKnights's Avatar SquircularKnights
Does anybody know a good resource pack editor? Thanks.
KingJake
Level 36 : Artisan Vampire

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/10/2013 6:56 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
SquircularKnights
Paint.Net has more than just fancy colour palettes. Using multiple effects can create very good looking results, and almost everything that photoshop has can be done by combining Paint.Net's effects. I personally found the effects very useful, as there is great variation, and most of them are complicated algorithms. If you want to make more minor adjustments there is an adjustments car as well.

Paint.Net is easier to use than photoshop, as it's more bare bones. I can just experiment with effects to find fancy combinations.

For instance, my realistic spiderweb texture was made by:
1) rendering clouds in black and white (effects, render, clouds)
2) using the crystallize function ( cell size 85, quality 0) (effects, distort, crystallize)
3) using the bulge function and changing only the bulge amount to -200 (effects, distort, bulge)
4) using the outline function (thickness 6, intensity 35) (effects, stylize, outline)
5 Deleting the white areas (Magic wand tool) (Flood mode: Global) (Tolerance: 0)

In Photoshop it would be very hard to do this, as everything's very cluttered. While this may seem a little complicated, if you try it it's actually quite easy.
(if you find it diffucult to see the cobwebs shape, got to adjustments, invert colors)

In photoshop you'd need a picture of a cobweb to start off with. And perhaps 2000 dollars. Paint.Net is free.
11/10/2013 3:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
For a texture pack, if you are making something high detail, you should use something like Paint Tool SAI, Photoshop CS6, or Gimp is suggested a lot.
11/10/2013 2:53 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Starguy
paint.net is the best because its easy and even babies could use it
11/10/2013 2:49 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
fase
I use Paint.net for all my skins and blocks, it is simple to use and easy for all ages. Photoshop is for more artistic things, no a Resource Pack. Gimp is also a way to go, but I found Paint.net to be easier!
11/10/2013 2:44 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
mynick8888
I ue paint.net u can use transparent prob the best one out there and its free also on complicated.
11/10/2013 2:40 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
I'd recommend paint.net I personally found it alot easier than GIMP or the default windows paint
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
poplawler
Ooop skype is efc.pb
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
poplawler
magic add me on skype it will be worth your time ;D
11/10/2013 2:36 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I personally use GIMP, since I'm too poor for Photoshop..
Gimp works great, though!
11/10/2013 2:00 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
Glorifico
It depends on what kind of texture pack you're making. Are you making an hd/realistic pack? Use photoshop/gimp. Are you making a 16x or 32x pack? Definitely use gimp, or photoshop if you know how to use it well. If you're making a texture pack that uses a color palette though, paint.net is the way to go. For me I mainly use gimp because I've found that photoshop is just a bit too unwieldy for normal resolution packs, and gimp has more and easily applied filters and color adjustment options. On my newest project though, I'm using a color palette, which paint.net makes far easier to create, as gimp doesn't allow you to easily and accurately adjust color values to the extent needed for palettes. I hope this helped!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome