forum Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Communities keyboard_arrow_right gradientTexturing

Create Forum Thread

Windows 10 Texture Pack Creators?

1 emeralds2 replies67 views
DenaryCandle230 started 02/26/2020 8:25 pm
Illegal replied 02/27/2020 1:23 am
Hello, people of Minecraft! I am selling my Nintendo Switch online to get a Windows 10, and I now am getting Minecraft for it, so I am excited to make my first ever texture pack on it! I was wondering what the best software/website to do this on was, and I would appreciate it if you commented the name of it and if it costs money or not. (Or if you aren’t sure if it costs money.) I will still probably get it if it costs money, if it is good enough. Please also vote on my Poll so I can decide what my first texture pack will be! (They will all be 64*64, besides the cartoony and confusing texture packs, which will be the regular pixel measurements of normal Minecraft.)

Poll ended 03/06/2020 8:25 pm.

Posted by avatar
DenaryCandle230
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

comment Login or register to post a reply.

2 replies

02/27/2020 1:23 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Illegal
If you're buying the PC version of minecraft, I'd recommend the java version over win 10, they cost the same on minecraft.net and the windows store but the windows 10 edition can be bought for like 2$ on 3rd party key sites like kinguin or G2A as everybody that bought java edition before like a year ago got a free copy of windows 10 edition, and not everybody playing the java edition has a windows 10 PC, some are on Mac, Linux, or older windows versions (usually xp to 8.1)
02/27/2020 1:00 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Botanist
Rhines
I recommend Novaskin as a good resource pack creator! It's completely free and helps you organize your textures easily. The only real downside is it's a 1.10 resource pack creator, and it glitches pretty heavily. However, I would say I prefer it over many other programs used to design packs.
If you're looking for an art program, I recommend GIMP, a very easy to use an art program that many people use. This, along with Novaskin, are both free and are very reliable together.
If it's mob texturing you're looking for, look no further than PMC's mob and player texturing program. It's a very useful program, and if you like the easy to use editor, this is where you'd look.

If you don't like or want to do any of the above for whatever reason, I suggest you look resource pack makers up on the internet, such as this post or the Minecraft wiki's resource page.
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome