-- New Series Idea :: Sole Explains! --

Solespawn's Avatar Solespawn6/18/19 3:16 pm
1 emeralds 109 2
6/19/2019 2:42 pm
Solespawn's Avatar Solespawn
So I had a series Idea. It's called Sole Explains! Basically, I'll be picking topics and things from the various games I play and trying my best to explain them. I decided to start off with Minecraft!

Let me know what you think! It was a spur of the moment Idea haha. I realize it isn't really an original Idea but I figured I'd take my own jab at it and see if I can do it good!

Here it is:

youtu.be/PIn3oewFans
Solespawn
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/19/2019 5:42 am
Level 35 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Getting the nomenclature right would be a good first step:
What is shown in the video is branch mining (sometimes called feather mining — although MC has it's own definition for that term).
A good explanation of the interaction of various factors may be found HERE

Nomenclature for mining buffs:
Click to reveal

Stripmining is properly used to describe a type of surface mining where the overburden (unprofitable non-ore material) is removed from a series of stips sequentially with spoils from the current strip used to fill the last worked strip.
Colloquially the term is used to describe open pit mining where (as it says on the tin) one makes a vast open pit to remove the ore.

In minecraft, the existence of infinite cantilevers allows "room and pillar" mining without needing the supporting pillars; this is often (improperly) refered to s stripmining [because one strips all the resources from the volume].
06/19/2019 2:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Solespawn
I get what your saying. Thank you for clarifying.

I've heard it been called branch mining before and that does make more sense to me. However, I chose to call it strip mining because that is what it is most commonly referred to by the vast amount of the community.

Since the game is fictional and rarely contains exact real life things, I doubt that referring to something so specifically really matters too much.

I again thank you for providing the information though. Some people may find it useful/educational.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome