Sup nerds I want your wise counsel and sterling advice :)))) PLEASE (like srsly)

PoliticaLilyYT's Avatar PoliticaLilyYT3/20/20 9:56 pm
3/30/2020 5:16 pm
Antiquez's Avatar Antiquez
Hullo humans, I have a YouTube channel (obv look at my name ;p) and it's tiny and pathetic but not as tiny and pathetic as some (I have 38 subs and usually get around 20ish views per video). SO BASICALLY:

If there are any other little YouTubers wanting to feature eachother's channels please let me know! :D
I'm also looking for amazing ideas so if you have something you want to see let me know and I'll try it!
If you want to party on servers I have both bedrock and java editions so hooray for that, I'm pretty good on bedrock and a semi noob on the latter (I win games but not consistently).

I fully understand how hard it is to grow your channel at this stage; you have to fight your own self-doubt and inexperience all while trying desperately to find the nice humans who will support you even if both you and them know your content is pretty beginner.

But together we can do this if really try because grit & determination have been and will be the servants of humanity as long as there are people willing to push through.

:D Cheers!

I love you all just because we're all stuck on this big revolving disc together

If you check out my channel I will be extremely grateful
If you don't that's okay

Again, if you have ideas PLEASE share, or maybe we can work together on something

I'm willing to help with servers and projects if there is a good growth potential there (like if people will actually use and play on it instead of it getting abandoned by June)

Peace and goodwill

Lily :)
PoliticaLilyYT
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/28/2020 4:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
rekrap2
Hey Lily my name it Parker and I too have a YouTube channel. Sadly mine (pun intended) is more pathetic than yours, but I am very interested in your proposal. Honestly, this is the first time I've opened myself up online and its kinda fun. I've been playing Minecraft for years and I feel you. Servers and projects often get abandoned early on and I'm usually the only one who plays on it. You seem very wholesome and just like me. I'm in high school right now (well not this second... the corona virus screwed things up) play tennis, run, and enjoy cooking. Let me know if you'd like to do something and in the meantime give my channel a look. I promise I'm not some creepy 30 year old who stalks people online. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvt0HYxX34vUvqu66HLXeUw
03/28/2020 10:32 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Well, you've only been youtubing (from what I could see) for a day or so, so it's no shame to not have a fanbase or anything like that yet! I did check you out and I really like your voice lol. You don't seem to be nervous/uncertain of what you're doing like a lot of people (including me) who are just starting out. So kudos to you! Good luck with it!

Also, we could think about doing something- like you said, the corona virus screwed things up so my school has been really messed up as well and my homework situation is all over the place.

Again, good luck!
03/29/2020 8:47 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
rekrap2
Thanks for the encouraging words! While everyone is stuck at home I think it’s important we stay connected even if it is online. Me and my friend started the server you saw in the video, and we’re always looking for people to join, but hesitant to invite people via the internet. You never know what someone’s intention might be.

You seem pretty cool though, so if your interested in doing a “random server review” lmk. Otherwise I hope your channel goes well and have a good life I guess.

P.S I feel ya on the homework. It’s a struggle.
03/28/2020 4:06 pm
Level 22 : Expert Hunter
DragonSpawn8743
Do you Play hypixel? if so, on a Sunday, I Can Play Bedwars, Skywars or Anything you want! :D (Im Not too good though, xD)
03/28/2020 10:21 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
I do sometimes; the best computer we have for java is the main one so I usually have to fight the rest of my family for it. I'm not great at it either lol, the knockback is weird compared to what I'm used to. I may be able to play tomorrow, like I said it depends on my family and also my homework.
03/28/2020 1:49 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
damn im even more pathetic compared to you

6 subs

last video got 0ver 100+ views idk how that happened.
03/28/2020 10:22 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Well, congratulations on the 100+! With seven subs that is amazing!
03/28/2020 4:04 pm
DragonSpawn8743
Please Say "dang" not a swearword :(
03/29/2020 9:35 pm
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
Damn son, that's quite the damn preposterous request, wherdja find that? Never have I seen a request so damn crazy and ridiculous, I don't even think I can satisfy the damn request even now! Ok fine... I'll furfill it;

"dang" not a swearword :(
03/30/2020 5:16 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
lol
03/27/2020 2:57 pm
DragonSpawn8743
I Think That You Should Do What You Think Is Fun, Not what is Popular Or What People Are Telling you To Do. It Works Better And Is More Fun And Motivating That Way.
03/27/2020 3:07 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
That it true; but oftentimes you and other people think the same thing is enjoyment and you can join forces to have even more fun.
03/27/2020 3:17 pm
DragonSpawn8743
Yes, Definitely True, I Gotta Say
03/27/2020 11:18 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
ToxicSocks
I too have a pathetic little channel, and I checked out yours, yours deserves wayyyyyyyy more views. So how about we do a cross-shoutout (I'll shoutout you and you shoutout me) if you agree, I'll be happy to leave you a shoutout in my next video. Have an awesome day! :D
03/27/2020 2:28 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
I have a different suggestion; if you like we can feature each other's channels on our pages
You have an awesome day too!
03/28/2020 3:03 amhistory
ToxicSocks
OK, sure, that's great! I'll get right to it! :D
03/28/2020 1:35 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
I added you! :)
03/29/2020 6:53 am
ToxicSocks
Thanks! I also added you! :D
03/28/2020 1:44 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
bookdefender
I sent you a message.
03/26/2020 8:55 pm
DragonSpawn8743
Best Of Luck To You! I Cant Check Out your Channel But Best Of Luck! :) I Hope Your YouTube Channel Prospers!
03/26/2020 10:12 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Thank you!
03/26/2020 3:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
AR_Fries
Hey! I'm excited to check out your channel, maybe we can play together sometime?
03/26/2020 3:43 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
That sounds great!
03/21/2020 8:21 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage
Xeredek
I don't run a channel to have featured, or the experience running one brings, but I've personally been meaning to get into Youtube for years now so I've been thinking about this topic a lot. I went ahead and checked out your latest video and the ramble therein and I've got some ideas (of dubious quality :P ) on where you might want take your channel if you're interested in a strangers take. Knowing me this with be long, so buckle in I guess.

So, you brought up the "find your niche" thing. I honestly feel this advice is, like, half right. A more precise way of thinking about it is to work out why you're drawn to Minecraft and making videos in the first place.
Is it the freedom to do and create basically whatever in the game?
Enjoy the process of creative building or making redstone stuff?
The sense of adventure and immersion in the world: an unraveling the players story?
Is there something compelling about seeing what people make with the game perhaps: Minigames, Adventuremaps, ect. ?
It doesn't have to be lofty or anything, just true. Take that thing, whatever it is, and think about how you could transmute that feeling, that experience, into videos. Into a channel. How can you use videos to share what you like about the game for an audience?
That is your "niche".

That is probably kind of hard to visualize, so here's an example. Kruggsmash makes Dwarf Fortress videos. Not Minecraft, but they're actually very similar games. He's said several times that his favorite thing about DF is seeing the world and cultures the game makes. The complicated lives of the npcs, the rise and fall of nations, and so on. He's always found the incredibly detailed randomly generated worlds very compelling, and very much thanks to his videos- I do too. His videos are focused completely on the lives and well-being of the dwarves in his fortress, and the wider context of the world they inhabit. His illustrations- added early on in the channel, were an innovation that came about thanks to how basic DF's graphics are. He used the opportunity to crystallize his imagination in stone- and better connect us with the world. Every choice he's made with the channel has been driven by this love for the game and the desire to articulate it, so that feeling is fully translated with his videos. The positive experience is shared completely, and if I had to guess, that's probably why he has most successful Dwarf Fortress channel on Youtube right now.

There's another half to this too though. You might notice his videos are very snappy, we frequently see about 12 hours of work go by in about 30 minutes or so. This is the product of a contention he stated fairly early on- that most DF content prattles on for far too long on the wrong things. Most were actually recorded streams at the time- he hated this, he wanted more of a showreel of the important events. A sense of what happened in the form of a story, not some archival dump of 12 hours work where every time a dwarf sneezed it was preserved and presented with the same fan-fair as the goblin raids and major constructions.

That is our second thing: Do you have a contention? Is there something in particular about the bulk of Minecraft content you kind of dislike- like they're missing something? What spurred you to want to make a channel, what made you care? What is the something you would do differently with your favorite channels if you were at the helm. I mentioned pacing with Kruggsmash, but that's just that particular example there. Work out the little "something" missing from the Minecraft content today that you've picked up on, even if its only one major channel that does it, and seize the opportunity. That little way you're creatively different from your peers. Even if it's something that only really bothers you personally, it might be an exiting new approach for everyone else. This one isn't as necessary as knowing what experience you actually want to channel in your content, but it can be incredibly informative on what you want to do differently, which would by definition give your channel a distinctive character in contrast to the others. It's a great place to start. A more positive angle of this same question is what inspired you- what do you want to emulate? Both questions actually lead us to the same place: Why do you want to make videos! It's hard to work out what road to take if you don't know the destination- so working that out is the best place to start.

Right, I'll chill out and stop talking now. :P
I hope that helped you out some. Basically, do what you want as good as you can, and people with similar tastes will come. Of all the tastes to play into- yours are probably the ones you understand the most, so focus in on that perspective ;p. Don't get tangled up in existing genres, don't try to hang out in the bigger channels shadows, just you do you, man. Make what you would want to watch, and you'll carve out that niche in no time.
(P.S. I kinda like the quieter commentary style you have going on! So many people have this forced energy going on and its all just so bleh. I suppose that's a contention of mine :P. If you're more comfortable commentating that way maybe consider sticking with it, refine it. All up to you obviously but keep in mind what may sound "cringe" to you just sounds like a normal voice to everyone else! Arkenor's videos were super cozy because of how naturally he spoke. Okay, actually shutting up now. Good luck!)
03/27/2020 11:23 am
ToxicSocks
Wow... You may not be a YouTuber yet, but you seem like one heck of a writer, if i were you I'd make some story videos, I'm sure they'll do really well.
03/27/2020 2:26 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Thank you, I try :)
03/26/2020 3:44 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I've been pondering what you said over the last few days and I think it's going to be really helpful. :)
03/26/2020 8:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage
Xeredek
Glad to hear it! Best of luck dude
03/27/2020 12:12 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Etlas_Miles
I actually agree with you on that Xeredek, especially with the forced approach especially with the gaming side of things. Although I will say that there are some youtubers that I noticed that are very natural when it comes to that energetic vibe probably because it’s seeped within their nature.

In terms of ideas, Lily, I did have an idea before that I unfortunately shut down due to time constraints and the idea was we go on this modded server and we basically create this towns, cities and then overtime we try and craft some lore that goes along with it. For me before I actually tried focusing on the gameplay aspect of things, I tried doing some commentary adding some remarks here and there but it ends up being all over the place because I struggled with doing the commentary as well as the gameplay.

What I did realise though as I was still working on those was I’ve always adored the storytelling side because of my love for reading and watching series, whether they were Minecraft Roleplays, animation, etc. So because of that I decided to focus on doing more storytelling content using the Minecraft medium.

In the case of execution I feel like what’s most important as a youtuber is dealing with how consistent you can be when it comes to doing your content. Another is quality and approach to your content. If you’re able to keep this stable balance between them you will gradually create this identity that could be further develop as you become recognise within the Minecraft community. Identity is important and without it, there’s no way for you to be separated from the rest of the content creators who create the same content.

Furthermore, if you’re looking for somewhere to do some videos you can try joining our small community. But that’s up to you!
03/27/2020 2:24 pm
PoliticaLilyYT
Thank for sharing your thoughts Etlas! I too have a love of reading and writing (well not so much writing as worldbuilding and daydreaming, xD) and I was pondering ways to include that in my channel. Unfortunately animation is not really my talent, so actual animated films are a no; and not enough of my friends play minecraft to "act" them out. But I appreciate your input very much, and I will think about it!
03/20/2020 10:02 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
ItsMitchYT
Need any help send me a message!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome