So, without further ado, here's the Signup List:
Name:
Background:
Appearance (You may use Picture - Not Required):
Personality (Brief):
Skills:

Here's mine for you to start out with

Name: Benjamin
Background: Taken at age 13, he celebrated his birthday on his way to battle school. Lived in the United States with a loving family back home, he was picked to come to Battle School because of his leadership skills and tactics. At first he was skeptical about leaving, but the threat of the buggers' return convinced him, his grandfather having been a general, killed in the first formic invasion.
Appearance: Tall, Thin/Gangly but Strong, Blonde, Cyan Eyes, Flexible
Personality: Independent, Bold, Caring, Resourceful.
Skills: Well Oriented, Fast, Agile, Quick Thinker.

I'll add a picture to mine later
Anyways, once I've given the Okay, you can head on over to the other thread. I'll start once I have 1-2 other players.
BenDragonsword
Level 49 : Master Baconator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2013 12:40 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
GrumpiBunny
A few tips.
Backrounds should be done in the third person not first.
They also should be at least 3 paragraphs.
''going through puberty'' is not a good character description.
Most people tend to have second names
11/02/2013 1:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ColalexXD
Name: Alex
Appearance: Blond hair and blue eyes. I am going through puberty.
Background: I always hated the videos of the buggers. People where dieing everywhere. So I wanted to do something about it so I signed up for battle school. Now I am on my way to battle school.
Personality: I am Caring and Intelligent.
Skills: Programming, Good leader and builder.
09/02/2013 12:21 am
Guineapig126
Name: Jackie
Background: She was a very strong little girl. She was taken away to Battle School and was always the outcast. She was also always the runt, but had determination.
Appearence: Short, with brown hair to shoulders, broad shoulders, and a large body
Personality: Stubbourn, bold, determined
Skills: Quick-witted, swiftness, sharp-shooting
03/03/2013 8:07 pm
BenDragonsword
@Gobble124, I've read the entire series, so I think I know how to accurately write a roleplay. I'm changing some things, and it wouldn't be too outrageous. The first bugger invasion was around 100-120 years ago at the time of this role play, but Ender's was not. It would be possible for the buggers to have killed his parents, near the beginning of these battles, and for him to have escaped as a child and make it back in time for this role play. It's a little far-fetched, but I can fit it in. And, Bean used the wire, so why couldn't he experiment with chemicals and such?
@everyone-else-who's-complaining, give it a rest. You don't have to like the way I've set it up, but an extensive background is not needed for this role play. I think that people can perfectly well adjust to the plot and don't need tons of information before hand. This doesn't mean I don't appreciate detail, I just know how to adjust when there's not a lot. Ender's Game didn't give us extensive backstories of every character either.
03/03/2013 9:17 am
BenDragonsword
I didn't ask for extensive background because they didn't know much about each other in Ender's Game either. I'm building the role play to allow the players to build on their character's personalities. It's supposed to be different from other role plays, so that the characters can grow rather than being set in stone from the beginning. The characters aren't supposed to know each other at the start.
03/02/2013 11:33 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Night Visions
This should be with the first post. :/ It's backstory not synopsis. And don't be like "You have like 150 posts how long have you role-played?" I roleplayed a lot, now anyways. You have to add the apps to the backstory thread, make a bunch of rules like the casual rules. Backstories in the apps must be several paragraphs long. And basically, ダメ。
03/02/2013 3:58 pm
BenDragonsword
Thanks, RevoKid. I had already put that together, and I'm happy to see you aboard . I'll put together the introduction and start of the Role Play, then send out a message to you and to Wylenn for the start of the game . I may not get it done today though, because my grandparents are visiting this weekend.
03/02/2013 3:37 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
RevoKid
Background: (revised) Young realistic alchemist, parents watched parents get killed by buggers seeks revenge.
03/03/2013 4:37 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Gobble124
Dear god help me. Oh lordy. Okay. Please look at the link I shall place for you then I need you to look at a real role play and not make me scream as you ruin Ender's Game. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+Forum+Role+Play
03/01/2013 10:52 pm
Level 25 : Expert Miner
zane6200
Advice, you may not want to accept people with one sentence for a Background.
03/02/2013 8:28 am
BenDragonsword
@zane6200, That's why I asked for some more details .
@RevoKid, make sure you read that synopsis so that you understand what's going on and who the enemies are. I'll add the synopsis to this post so that nobody gets confused in the future. (I could tell because you said the Enders, and if you had read the synopsis you would know that the aliens are called the buggers, and Andrew "Ender" Wiggin is the hero of the book. But no hard feelings, just wanted to keep you informed.) Also, the mythical alchemist thing could work out to a point. I'll make sure to give you an opportunity to get that to work, even in a science-fiction roleplay .

Anyways, we're nearly ready to begin. I simply need to put together a scene with the launch and the beginning of battle school. Also, a big thanks to HerbertDiesel for moving this to the roleplay applications section .
03/01/2013 10:39 pm
RevoKid
Mythical Alchemy
03/01/2013 9:25 pm
BenDragonsword
@RevoKid, you are admitted to the Roleplay, but I would like to ask you to read the synopsis of Ender's Game before we begin. Also, what do you mean by alchemist? As in mythical alchemy, or realistic alchemy?

@SilentAero, yea I suppose I wasn't very clear there. I was trying to say that he's gangly, and flexible (long reach.) Sorry about the mix-up.

I'll send out a message to all who have joined so far at the time that I am ready to begin. Which will be soon. Thanks and have a nice day .
03/01/2013 9:04 pm
Level 25 : Expert Artist
SilentAero
BenDragonswordAppearance: Tall, Thin but Strong, Blonde, Cyan Eyes, Long Arms.

Long arms? How does he have "long arms?" Like, does he have dislocated shoulders or something? Are his arms just unusually long? That'd be kinda creepy, just seeing a guy with arms that reach down below his knees.
03/01/2013 8:35 pm
RevoKid
Name: Kid Over
Background: Young alchemist, parents killed by enders, seeks revenge
Appearance (You may use Picture - Not Required): Black, mullet, grey eyes
Personality (Brief):Angry, Sarcastic, and Intellegent
Skills: free running and alchemy
03/01/2013 7:52 pm
BenDragonsword
All right, thanks Deth_Glitch and NorthernGamR, I didn't notice the Roleplay signup section when I posted this, as I posted it when I posted the Roleplay itself. I'll get this moved as quickly as possible. Thanks, and I hope to roleplay with you soon.

P.S.
Are you guys looking forward to the Movie? I think its going to turn out great. I'm really impressed with the actors involved in the main roles, particularly Harrison Ford as Graff, Asa Butterfield as Ender, and Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham.
03/01/2013 7:11 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Please ask a mod to move this to the correct section. If you Do I may consider joining.
03/01/2013 7:03 pm
BenDragonsword
Hey, haven't checked this for a while because it didn't get much attention when I first posted it, but I'm glad to see some people noticed it!

Wylenn1 has been admitted. As one of my first batch of members, you will be in Benjamin's launch group.

If possible, I'd like to get at least one more person before we start. If not, I'll start the thread up soon. I'll put your name on the Original Post so that I can keep track of who's joined.

Oh and, don't forget to read the synopsis. I'll also post an overview on how Battle School works.
02/25/2013 9:04 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
NorthernGamR
1: Wrong section. 2: How does he use a Bow if he has only one hand!?
02/25/2013 8:54 pm
Wylenn1
Name:Wesley Karson

Appearance:Dark hair,short,skinny has green eyes.

Personality:Nice but will be aggressive at times.

Back Ground:Was taken at this age. Is on way to the school. A deadly accident with a axe gave me a amputated hand

Skills:Bow and Arrow,Strategy and Quick
03/03/2013 3:17 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome