Create a Country 3.0! [OOC]

KingTip's Avatar KingTip6/14/15 8:59 pm
7/2/2015 5:42 am
Archeops_The_Second's Avatar Archeops_The_Second
The RP where you rule is back! The old one died because of a period of inactivity, but attendance is spiking again! Here is the new world:
http://imgur.com/LLY0V7r (sorry img not working in post)

Alright, and here's the app:
Player
Nickname: If you want people to use one for you.
Time zone: so that people can have an idea of when you are online.
Anything else: Add any information you think should be included.

Country
Name: the name of your country
Race(s): what races live in your country, as well as their role in society if there is more than one (are they all equal? Or are the dinosaurs the rulers while humans are slaves?)
Capital City: the name of your capital city along with a short description thereof.
Flag: your flag. May be omitted
Government: How is your land ruled? Do you have a king? A council of elders? An elected president? Who is your leader/what is the name of the ruling family/who is influential in your country?
Population: basic rule of thumb is that small and/or fast races have a large population, while large and/or slow races have a smaller population
Religion: Make up something that your people believe in (Gods are real, so you can expect some actual help from them). You can base this off a real religion, but don't use a real religion (to keep things Basically Decent) May be omitted.
Technology: Middle age technology is standard, you may choose a few areas in which you are ahead.
Magic: How much does your country know about magic? Who practices it, and how? May be tied in with religion if your God is the source of your magic.
History: How your country was formed. May be omitted.
Location: Name a rough are and I will add you to the map at the correct size.
Geography: what kind of terrain does your country have? Mountains, deserts, lush forests, ice plains, salt lakes? May be omitted.

Fell free to use other people's religion or race in your own land, it only enriches the world history!

If you are mentioning a race that has not been mentioned before, you additionally need to include a description of the
Race
Appearance: describe how your race looks.
Advantages: areas at which your race excels
Disadvantages: areas at which your race has problems. Should be at least as many of these as of advantages
Magic: What kind of magic can your race use? Must it be learned, or is it instinctual? How powerful is it? Can all members of the race use it, or just some?
Lifecycle: If the race has more/less genders than the standard 2, if there is a strange way to have babies, if there is a larva state... mention those things here.

NOTE: do not create a race that goes against normally used races. i.e. don't create "orks" that are beautiful, graceful and nice. Don't create "humans" that are reptiles.

Rules
This is mostly a free-form RPG, but since we are playing together and not each alone, some rules are necessary to keep this from dissolving into chaos.
1. Be reasonable within the laws of the world. These will be established as we make our characters and play. Specifically: don't be overpowered. You don't suddenly develop magical powers that can destroy all your enemies at a glance, and you don't suddenly have spaceships when you were just finished figuring out how a typewriter works. Don't be afraid to tell others if you feel they are crossing a line.
2. Arguments are ultimately resolved by me. This is to ensure that the thread doesn't dissolve into arguments; if I feel that an issue is taking too much attention I will step in and resolve it, and all players should accept the resolution. I will try to use this a little as possible.
3. Wars are resolved by a neutral party. Basically: Players A and B are having a war. They choose a player C which isn't involved. Both players send their moves to player C, who then decides what happens. Repeat until there is a winner (either because one side is captured, destroyed, or there is a diplomatic agreement to stop the war)
4. Countries and Races must be accepted by me, again this to ensure that people don't start with overpowered countries. You won't be allowed to have archangels who can command every other race they have to obey instinctively. Again, I'll only use this if someone really crosses a line in terms of power, beyond that you are free to be as creative as you like.
5. Updates to the map are to be made by me ONLY. You may suggest a map, but all final maps are to be made by me.
6. Nothing is set in stone. The main goal here is to have fun and create an interesting world. Give a reasonable explanation for why you want something to be changed, and it will very likely be possible to do so.
KingTip
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2015 10:54 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Interesting enough, there's another roleplay with a similar concept but more story-based looking for folks that I'm in over at roleplayerguild, so I'll probably stick to that one rather than add another RP site
07/02/2015 5:42 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Archeops_The_Second
Huh, neat. Could you give a link so I could check it out? The story oriented part is appealing to me.
06/30/2015 9:58 am
Archeops_The_Second
Kingtip if Create A Country is a RP that you want to make happen, then I'm passing a link that details a feature on RPnation called hosted projects. It is by every logical notion, suited perfectly to this RP. Ignore at your own whim, it is just a tidbit of info; https://www.rpnation.com/threads/new-feature-hosted-projects.118353/. I only mention this because I stumbled my way into this place looking for other forum RPs.

EDIT-- This is a pretty good example of the feature, it put a Cheshire cat grin on my face;https://www.rpnation.com/forums/fairy-tail-a-new-beginning.1021/,--EDIT
06/29/2015 10:37 am
Archeops_The_Second
I'm quite unsure if this iteration of create a country is still alive, but nether the less I have been spending my week of inactivity ironing out details for my country and should have in a few days an alpha version of information that is important to the use of my country's citizens', knowing their potential value as a trade partner through veiled words, their standpoint on militarised forces, and other tidbits that haven't yet been officially self-approved to divulge between everyone.
06/21/2015 9:06 pm
KingTip
@rupert
It is a little bare, please expand a bit on everything, a lot on history.

@diamondkid
Looks just good enough to get by, expanding is not mandatory but encouraged. As for your population I see it as 50,000 ish.
06/21/2015 3:25 am
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
have I been accepted?
06/20/2015 2:44 am
Archeops_The_Second
I'm going to be inactive for a week and if for some minute and improbable reason that I'm wanted for something, simply leave a private message for me to find when i return.
06/17/2015 6:41 pm
KingTip
uh... Okoloto you forgot tech
06/17/2015 9:00 pm
Archeops_The_Second
I think the words under construction would explain that
06/17/2015 4:57 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
Name: Imperium Lacte

Race(s): Imperians (74%) Mogans (26%)
Mogas are the rulers and are more powerful

Capital City: Nantis.
A levitating city so high that you can barely see the bottom. It is held up by the city elders, which are essentially the most powerful wizard/mages in the country. The buildings are mostly made out of steel, marble and Lignum Wood. The buildings are neatly spread out and have beautiful architecture. Only the richest can afford to live in Nantis and Homelessness is prohibited. The castle in witch the Royal Family resides floats on a singular floating island close to the main island connected by a bridge. In the town hall in the center of the Island there are 4 statues one for every god. The elders also created a impenetrable force field around the levitating islands protecting it from all attacks and intruders.

Government: A royal family of Mogans. This family has ruled the empire ever since it was discovered, as a matter of fact, the family have discovered it a long time ago ( Not the current members obviously!).

Population: 48.6 million

Religion: Make up something that your people believe in (Gods are real, so you can expect some actual help from them). You can base this off a real religion, but don't use a real religion (to keep things Basically Decent) May be omitted.

Technology: Middle age technology is standard, you may choose a few areas in which you are ahead.

Magic: Magic is essential in the lives of the citizens. It is like the modern day internet to them, could not live without it. Of course the Nantis Elders are the most powerful wizards in the country, but nobody has seen their true powers.

History: How your country was formed. May be omitted.

Geography: The islands that I added myself onto the map (not the floating ones) are icy biomes (don't remember the names) just like the north of the country. It is mostly mountainous with forests and lakes. theres a dessert known as the Hagon Plains.

Anything else: Lignum wood is native to Imperium Lacte and can only be found here. Also I'll add the history and character sheet for all the characters i will be using and a map of the country with the cities and important places locations and the history. I don't have time atm. I will try to improve everything as much as possible. I'll also add the race sheet.
06/17/2015 4:07 pm
Level 1 : New Skinner
DiamondKid1
Player
Nickname: DiamondKid
Time zone: EST
Anything else: I normally wake up at around 11 AM, EST.

Country
Name: Dashia
Race(s): Humans
Capital City: Foumm. Foumm is the religious, social, and entertainment center of the country. It is also the most decorative, with beautiful skyscrapers across the city.
Flag:
Click to reveal

Government: An elected president, who is currently Barry Schell, whom I will be roleplaying as in first person.
Population: A little help with this one would be nice
Religion: They believe in some sort of Goddess in the Sky who created this land.
Technology: We're a bit ahead in medicine, and architecture.
Magic: Very few people can learn the magics. There are three kinds, only one related to the Goddess; There is Black Magic, which is the attack spells. White Magic, which is pretty much healing prayers to the Goddess. And then, the hidden kind, Blue Magic, also known as a Copy Ability. This allows you to learn an opponent's spells should you be hit by them.
History: The Dashians say the Goddess in the Sky, supposedly, used her divine power to form the entire planet, a rumor which was never supported OR declined. They also say that she was the original ruler of Dashia, until it grew too much work for her to do that AND all that religion stuff. So she appointed a president, who built it into the marvel it is today.
Geography: Mostly plains, but there are a few mountains and a cave or two per mountain...
Anything else: I based this off of a ton of random vidya gaims and my own ideas combined. It does seem cool, though.
06/17/2015 3:37 pm
Bard Bard
Player
Nickname: rupert
Time zone: Uk
Anything else:

Country
Name: Kasoplan
Race(s): Taurgon
Capital City: manolostalap: large and extensive, at least half of it in on floating platforms connected to the coast, it has a huge port.
Flag: a dark background with the outline of a wave on it
Government: there is a divine lord named Nactobash, he rules the country
Population: 48,000
Religion: they believe that there are five gods, the first is havlictosh he is a giant shark god, then there is galoth she is a giant eel god, next is deleboth he is a giant squid god, then neliant he is a giant 5 headed fish god, then there's keliongth she is an octopus god. all five of the gods rule an army of kraken's.
Technology: can build huge and magnificent ships, have gunpowder
Magic: we know a fair bit about magic
History: the five gods each made a sacrifice and formed the five islands
Geography: sandy with lots of forests and an occasional tiny volcano, it is very cold
Anything else:

Race: Taurgon (both signal and plural)
Appearance: tall and slender-like with a long neck and an elongated skull, it has two bug-like elongated eyes on the side of its head and a large mouth. is black/grey
Advantages: scares the life out of mammals, can spit venom and can make a rattling noise and can move it's head in many ways
Disadvantages: brittle, over confident, large and struggles to move
Magic: can teleport a short distance, instinctual
Lifecycle: lives for 130 years, babies are worm-like and then enter a cocoon
Anything else:
06/17/2015 2:27 pm
okoloto
Writing mine now. I want it to be detailed so it might take a while. I also get distracted easily so it will probably take longer
06/17/2015 2:47 pm
Bard Bard
same with me sir
06/17/2015 8:30 am
Archeops_The_Second
I would like to get some opinions on some names that I have created to see whether they are easy to pronounce or not. Ashlan Valda Meurna [Ash-lun Vuld-a Me-urn-a], Ashlan Valmour [Ash-lun Val-moor], Franard Fosh [Fran-ard Fo-sh], Keeneera Forn [Key-knee-Ra Faun], Forn Alda Seekarna [Faun All-da See-car-na], and Grorts [G-roar-t-s] this one is for the deer like quadrupeds service animals/meat supply animals I mentioned in the history section of my application, but I am yet to name the marsupials that are the other part of the food chain. When I do name the marsupials I will be doing another post like this for opinion input. Trivia for those that read my application; can you see which two names are of a mother and daughter?
06/16/2015 11:30 pm
Archeops_The_Second
Nevermind, KingTip gave me the basics with plenty of wiggle room to work with.
06/16/2015 4:40 pm
KingTip
Arena you're cool with using the same app since you joined in the last one at the very brink of inactivity, but Okoloto a new app would be appreciated.
*EDIT*
I think we should refrain from sexual scenes, but references and gore should be fine. Euphemisms should stay occasional and not used in every post. Swearing should be fine, but let's use stars when we get to the s*** level.
06/16/2015 4:05 pm
okoloto
Can I use my old app as well? But change my country name to Imperium Lacte (Milk Empire in latin (Inside joke)) and I'll change the races and characters. But except most will be the same
06/16/2015 3:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Mind if I basically continue out of my previous nation?

Also, this might sound like an ad and sorry if it does, but I found another site with a decent Nation section dedicated to roleplay I've been on for a while now that might be worth checking out if you are into this idea (KingTip). Feel free to shoot a PM if you are interested in that.
06/16/2015 8:42 am
Archeops_The_Second
Is there a Parental Control rating on themes or content? If there is one that outlaws anything you might expect of an average MA15+ [Light swearing, kissing, implied adult situations, etc] through to an average R18+ [Sex, graphic gore, etc] movie or tv show; would it be applicable to euphemisms or innuendos and other stuff of that sort? -EDIT- Could a list of acceptable themes or content be posted please? I'm editing some mental storylines and scenarios, and this uncertainty is affecting the titles of some characters that I'm also toying with mentally. -EDIT-
06/16/2015 2:32 pm
okoloto
This is PMC what do you think?
06/16/2015 11:26 pm
Archeops_The_Second
Well at best most of the conversations on the forums could be classified as basic MA15+, but I'm after a clear defined boundary that everyone can abide by. The mental storylines and scenarios revolves around explaining the title Ship Concubine to some dignitaries, I just want to know how to approach that or even avoid it if need be. Implied dialogue and unspoken whispered into ear conversation is the general approach I'm dealing with right now to it. This matter does have an affect to how I approach other aspects to my characters when it comes to writing it all out.
06/15/2015 2:34 pm
KingTip
Reserving is fine, my app will be up in a bit. Arch your app looks pretty complete, I'll add you in the map when my country goes in as well.
06/15/2015 10:40 pm
Archeops_The_Second
Neat . I am already constructing characters with some informative titles of their lives, and I'm excited to see how to incorporate them amongst everyone else's characters.
06/15/2015 1:36 pm
okoloto
Can I reserve this location?

06/15/2015 12:40 pm
Bard Bard
can you reserve the islands at the south-east of the map for me? I'd like them for my country
06/15/2015 8:32 am
Archeops_The_Second
Player
Nickname: Kitty Emperor, Lord Kitty, or Arch.
Time zone: (UTC+10:00) Brisbane, Australia.
Anything else: Let me know if I get odd, I don't notice it because it is my autism showing through.

Country
Name: Nal Fala [nul fa-la

Race(s): Humanoid Tiger People; dominant proportion is 63% Orange with Black Stripes, 21% White with Black Stripes, and 16% Black with Yellow Stripes

Capital City: Luna Field.

Flag: A green rainforest tree silhouette leaning to the right with ivy hanging from the canopy, behind it is the moon big and bright bathing the tree in light set against the black silhouette of the clouds

Government: Female gerontocracy; there are 563 clans falling under 15 ancestral clans. The ancestral clans are the clans that existed at the beginning of their history, with the 563 clans being the result of generations of inter-clan bondings. A clan is created by the merging of two or more different clan members making a life bond to each other, but their clan is over seen by the elder council of the woman’s clan until they have elders of their own. However a pre-existing clan be maintained by accepting a member of a different clan into their own through a life bond to one of the daughters, but no new council will be formed within the clan. Representatives numbering four from each clan council meet five times a year under a full moon to discuss topics of importance such as inter-clan feuds or wars, formal establishment of new clans, and trade. Due to the size of their population, each discussion is held with only those concerned in the matter and a neutral arbitrator for matters of feud and war. The meetings last two weeks to cover all matters of importance at the time of the meeting season.

Population: approximately 67000 at last Census

Religion: They pay reverence to Luna, the spirit goddess that takes physical form on the mortal plane as the moon in the night sky. She was the deciding force for their independence, the one who gave the yellow striped black coats the gift of magic, and the first leader of their people. Every full moon the people say prayers of thanks for all they have to her before bed, and she shows appreciation for this selfless payment of thanks by ensuring that all meetings of the clan elders are nights of clear sky and cool breezes full of her bright light.

Technology: Medieval war machines, advanced industrial production, advanced agriculture, intermediate naval tech, advanced magic enhanced and endowed industrial crafts.

Magic: Their magic is nature based, elemental based, and longevity based. It is only wielded by those born with black with yellow striped coats, but it can take decades to control and not everything is available to command. Nature is an art that takes centuries to learn control for and then even more centuries to master. Elemental is simple and easy to achieve, but control and constant vigilance is required to avoid injuring people unintentionally. Longevity is a luck of the draw inheritance, long life lasting into the millennia is possible for those cursed with it, but it is only inherited either by a carrier or a magical mutation in the “batter making” stage of conception. Carriers are reclusive by their second hundredth birthday and rarely try and have another round of playing wife and husbands after their loved ones have died, leaving the longevity magic a rare occurrence. Combining Nature and elemental has only been achieved once and the witnesses could only describe it as an unholy horror and nothing else.

History: The country was formed by an ancient civilisation of nomadic magic users capable of building mountains or oceans whenever it pleased them. They wandered the globe seeking a place nature created for their needs and found an area with a large natural bay backed by a large plains of frost coated grass struggling to survive on the northern continent, it was there they decided to build a new home. They raised the earth to form a mountain range to border the plains, it spanned from one side of the bay to the other and sealed the plains from the rest of the world for evermore. The mouth of the bay was changed by their power too, they raised the rocks up so that deep keel vessels could not pass into the bay and thus effectively shutting the world out from themselves. They turned their eyes on their new home and each gave a part of their life energy to revitalise the land into a rainforest before venturing into it to take stock on their home. The creatures they had brought with them were reduced to no more than a herd of deer like quadrupeds called Grorts [G-roar-t-s] that could serve the purpose of work animals, birds, tigers, and marsupials. They experimented upon the tigers, trying to create for themselves a reliable guard animal, but unintentionally created a race of humanoid sentient tiger people. They lived as a first class and second class society for 768 years with the tiger beasts’ population count being heavily controlled, and they were primarily used to clear out jungle to build cities for their masters’ use. The tiger beasts rebelled against their creators led by a party of extremely aggressive females that had been increasing their population behind their creators’ backs as by that point they were not being as mindful of them as they were in the past. The rebellion lasted eleven months and by the end they had wiped their masters out completely with heavy assistance by the sympathetic goddess Luna that took pity on their suffering. The remaining tiger beasts that survived the war founded the first clan and spent the first 50 years struggling to establish a balance of governance amongst themselves. During these first fifty years, the tiger beasts sporting black with yellow striped coats were treated unintentionally as a less important minority and they mostly wandered the trails of the forests in avoidance of their bickering brethren. Luna made the last known sojourn from the spirit plane to the mortal plane to end the quarrels among the children of magic she had come to love. The first to encounter her was Ashlan Valmour [Ash-lun Val-moor] of the wandering yellow striped black coats, Ashlan was hunting at the time she met Luna. Luna was kneeling by the shore of Lake Korn taking delight in the sensations of the mortal plane by dipping her paw in the water, it was her golden white aura that caught Ashlan’s attention and she was drawn towards Luna from the moment she noticed. They discussed the troubles of her sister beasts, who Luna was and why she was here. Ashlan and Luna spoke for days and at the end before they went to end the quarrels, Luna bestowed upon her and her coat kindred the gift of magic so that they would always have an importance among their sister beasts. They united the tiger beasts under the council of elders with Luna acting as the first council guiding them to replant the trees that were cleared for the now abandoned cities, farming the other beasts of the forest, and caring for the rainforest they lived in. Under her guidance she encouraged them to found the 15 Ancestral Clans; she guided them until they had elders of their own and upon that day she left them for the spirit plane leaving a cryptic message of returning to them at the depths of the dark times to come. They then spent the next 343 years to the present forging their civilisation in the rainforest and establishing the watch guard at the five mountain passes to rest of the continent. In the past 133 years they had been sending their most alert spies across the land to watch the outside world.

Location: Far North-eastern continent, west coast. The bay there is where i want this country to be.

Geography, topography, general background info, and housing structure: Equatorial tropical rainforest with rich arable soil throughout bordered by a tall mountain range that is roughly circular in shape and runs across the land from one side of The Bay’s mouth to the other. In the sea there is a barrier preventing ships with a deep keel from passing through into it by way of rocks protruding close to the surface. On land it has 27 passes over the mountains that restrict most travellers to small horse drawn carts lest they wish to take a plunge over the cliffs that are present along the entirety of the paths. There is eleven passes that are wide enough for wheeled war machines to pass through, but only four have cuts in the mountain face by the side of the path to position a few war machines along the outer face of the mountain. These cuts extend down along the paths until the last two kilometres from the ground where there is none.

The Mountains are a continuous range of mountains with dull peaks ranging the full gambit in size, shape, and height. They have twenty seven plateaus from which they hold the only pass over themselves. They are golden grey in the morning, gun metal grey by midday, and the deepest shade of grey by evening. There are perpetual crowns of white snow upon their peak that provide the source water for the pools of water feeding the lands below. Warm weather is drawn to the mountains by the ancient magic that created them, with this warm weather comes the clouds bursting with rain too in a season referred as to the monsoon at the middle of the year.

Within this enclosed area the land is broken into three terrains in the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Regions, The Bay is the western region and is considered to separate to the other regions. The Northern region is uphill from the coast line and provides one of the two rivers feeding into the bay. The northern river Meanu [Meh-noo] creates a diagonally curved divide in the region, with higher ground on the west side containing seven fresh water springs among the trees at the mountains feet to feed the river, and the eastern side being lower and having a single large clearing making a hole in the tree canopy at the mountains feet on the edge of the Eastern region. The region slowly curves its way down to the level of the Eastern Region, with the Meanu River meeting the beach next to the soft hills on its western side.

The Eastern Region is mostly low-lands with the most clearings and land in Nal Fala, in addition it also has the tallest trees in the entire rainforest. It is here in the Eastern Lowland clearings that meetings take place, with the most important clearing being Luna Field. Luna field is the largest clearing and the only one that could be called a field, it is where only the most important meetings are held for it alone has perfect views of the moon in the night sky each and every night. The trees here are well spaced with thick canopies that provide perpetual shade in contrast to the sun lit clearings that break these trees up into mere patches of large growth. Within these lowlands, farming of livestock and crops are practiced, in particular they farm a specialised wheat for both livestock nutrition and a powerful ingredient for their unique wheat beers and spirits [the strength of a shot glasses worth of Skullwheat would put a human two thirds of the way towards liver failure and leave a hangover that would make even the hardiest of folk scream with agony and beg for a swift death]. Industrial work is conducted here with a focus on the making of weaponry surplus, armour surplus, clothing surplus, construction materials, and ceremonial clothing over other crafts of which they have little need of. This all scattered throughout the clearings of the lowlands.

The Southern region is all highlands with the border meeting the Eastern Region being the start of the slope up through the highlands, the Southern Region is also the only region to have a lake. Lake Korn is the source of the Korn River that zigzags its way down through the landscape and into the bay; it’s found in a clearing near the feet of the mountain at the highest point of the region, with the water being clear and cool even on the hottest of days. The river Korn has only one waterfall which is at the base of a large cliff and feeds a crystal clear pool of water that proceeds onwards into the bay. The southern highlands are the most tree dense region in their land and home to nearly half of the younger clans, and yet has to have an intense network of trails to connect them to each other as they spread out their homes widely in the area.

The Bay is a natural deep water bay suitable for large vessels if it were not for the rocks making it an impossibility. Floating on the water are anchored platforms of a size large enough to be equipped with housing for those applying themselves to the seasonal vocation of fishing, with hand constructed catamarans that live on the platforms year round. Recently naval technology has been developed on a platform lying beyond the keel shredding rocks, to such a degree that small ocean going ships have been constructed as prototypes for trade vessels, but only one untested and incomplete trade vessel design has been drawn up so far.

In the Northern Region, the south side appears as a high slopping forested hill with a large waterfall at its heart. The north side as viewed from the south, looks like a small forested hill with a slightly raised terrace on one of its sides that follows a long sweeping curve down from the feet of the mountain to the beach. The Easter Region viewed from both north and south, appears as a low lying area coated in patches of large trees with visible patches in their canopy. From the mouth of The Bay their rainforest home was nothing more to see than a wild untamed wilderness sprawled over hills, plains and towering plateaus with a waterfall making a roar in the distance, but the pinnacle of the vista was The Mountains. They towered above all, yet only the highest of peaks barely grazed the clouds, their majesty was terror inducing to those beholding them from the mouth of The Bay. On the clearest of days you could just make out the path of the northern coastal pass criss-crossing the land heading upwards.

Homes are built around the trees of the rainforest which are double in size to redwood trees and having twice the strength of ironwood trees, and only those trees that are not opposed [constantly bitching about everything is more accurate] to having wood of their fallen kin pounded into their trunk, are used to be foundations for stairs, platforms, and houses. The houses are connected to each other by trails along the forest floor that are nothing more than lines of flattened grass and displaced undergrowth. The paths are complex to follow as there is no straight and expedient paths, they follow the curving of the landscape even if it goes in a large loop around a particular land feature. It is primarily a holdover from the days of the wandering yellow striped black coats, they followed the curve of the land wherever they went in avoidance of their brethren who made direct paths to their destinations.

Anything else: The women are the dominant over men, they only take care of their young until they are weaned which is when the men are promptly put in childcare mode. Getting in between a mother and her child is the single most stupid decision for anyone to make.

Race Appearance: I have an image to use for this, but I will iron out some details with it. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/55/25/a9/5525a9518e490d19821d0e7a7ff7de0d.jpg . The men are 8 feet tall whereas the women are 9 feet tall. The men are perpetually well muscled all over within reason to maintain the slim look, the women are too well muscled all over, but with a slightly slimmer look than the men. The women never exceed a B cup size, they have a slightly more feminine build than the men, and they have razor sharp claws. The men have sharp claws that are not razor sharp, but are sharp enough to use in combat. They sport mainly long pants of animal hide when in their homeland, but when travelling openly they have in addition a large backpack containing supplies and materials for making camps, weapons, extra clothes, concealed weapons, and flexible mesh armour covered with small plates of magic endowed steel for battles. The elder council have an extra piece of clothing, which is a hooded white robe that is stained by years of being worn daily. Helms are reserved for war, and each helm bears the clan insignia where all can see.

Advantages: Magic, low reliance on resources, instinctual combat skills, speed, intelligence, night vision, and above average strength.

Disadvantages: Their magic is only as good as their training, conspicuous to all outsiders, gunpowder weapons are an unknown art to them, no concept of aerial technology, lack of advanced naval technology.

Magic: Instinctual, but requires training to use without harming others in the process. Only the members of their population that are born with a black coat with yellow stripes. The power of their magic is limited to the amount of training they have for it, but it is only the ones born with longevity magic that can achieve extraordinary levels of power. Combining nature and elemental magic is the most powerful, but requires mastery of both to be of any use. Magic is displayed by an aura and every aura is unique to each magic user. Some are born with an extra gift that enables the communication with trees, this is especially useful for the reconnaissance expeditions to learn about the other people on their home continent.

Nature magic is the use of the environment [trees, weather, animals, etc.] to fight for you, empower you for pure mana attacks, or for healing. Elemental Magic is the use of the element concepts [temperate, liquid, solid, gas,] and combining different elements to produce offensive or defensive results, an example of this would be combining temperate, solid, and liquid to produce a concrete barrier. How would that happen you think, well by using solid as a blanket concept, the material for concrete would fall under this as it is part of the solid object earth and when combined with liquid it would become concrete with the assistance of temperate. The downside is that you have to have foreknowledge of what you are trying to achieve with it, and that any stray thought could trigger it. Longevity magic is a magical force slowing the biological aging process down to a speed that is inconceivably slow, but the length of sustained longevity is unknown.

Lifecycle: Lifespan has recently been averaged at 109 years of age compared to the average from their history at 97. Birth is exactly like a mammal birth, and weaning is started at six months of age. After that it is a normal life like any other humans until death. Those with longevity however are theorised to die anywhere between five hundred to a hundred thousand years of age.

Anything else: They do not share the idea of modesty, i.e. they have no problem being nude in public and actually find it incredibly amusing that others do. Names of the people contain the given names by their mother followed by their mothers name and the number of son or daughter born to their house (clan). Titles of important events, awards, honours, deeds, and vocations in their life is added to their name in chronological order of occurrence. Introductions in elder meetings, first introductions to persons or parties, and bonding ceremonies require that all people involved in doing so use these full names once, interrupting someone during this is a highly offensive act to them.

If there is anything needing work or revision let me know please.

The description of how the country looks is the definitive version, but magic, their advantages/disadvantages, history, and appearance with clothing in the outside lands are still being tweaked. All in all this is a working model that can be used.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome