Countdown to the 13th, Day 1: I bet you missed this! (School Story 6-5-2023)

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM6/5/23 10:26 pm history
10 emeralds 193 2
6/15/2023 1:08 pm
IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM
Before Classes: I got to school 10 minutes before I normally do and put my stuff in my locker. Leela arrived a few minutes after me and told me and Wyatt about how her soccer game yesterday went. She scored a goal while being goalie, because she had to kick it across the field, and it went over one of the other team’s member’s heads and into their goal. According to her, the other team’s coach (who also coaches our friend Aliza’s soccer team) was pretty mean to his own daughter after the game, though. When everyone was shaking hands and saying “Good game” to each other, she was drinking water, and her dad/the coach dragged her by the shirt over to her teammates before letting her fall on the ground. Then, he called her an “f—ing disgrace.” Slowly, the others arrived and we talked about our weekends before going to PE.

PE: In PE, we’re doing kickball with teams based on our Advisories (homeroom classes). My Advisory was going against the Advisory of the Mandarin teacher, which meant we were playing Solzy and Alex F. (Alex R. is also in that group, but she didn’t arrive until after the rotation classes.) Anyways, we played through the games, and, as usual, I had my mess-ups. During my second time kicking, I kicked the ball right to third base and it ended up getting Kaylah out. I never heard the end of that. On my last time kicking, I made it to first base. Then, Sam kicked the ball really far, so I ran to second, and people kept yelling to keep running, so I ran to third. They kept yelling and made their wishes more clear: “GO ALL THE WAY TO HOME, YOU SON OF A (they quieted down here)!” I made it to home, and so did Sam, and the game continued. Unfortunately, we lost 13-12 because some of the other kids messed up. Also, through the whole game, Ess and Maddy kept refusing to play because, to put it bluntly, they didn’t care much about this. Neither do I, but I still do it because I want my Advisory to be good. Meanwhile, they don’t care how our Advisory looks and spent the whole game talking about how attractive Miles Morales and his uncle are.

Advisory Challenge: Recently, as the year is coming to a close, we’ve been doing these Advisory challenges during our Advisory periods on Monday and Tuesday. Today, we were going against the Advisory of a teacher who we’ll call Ms. Sands. It was the ball-on-a-spoon thing where you have to walk without the ball falling off the spoon, and if it does, you have to start from the beginning. (We had to walk around a cone and back.) By some luck, we managed to win because Ben kept dropping the egg on his turn. Luckily, I didn’t end up going, because I would have f—ed everything up.

Project Arts: Just to give you a brief explanation of the Project Arts rotation, we basically get split up into groups and go through three mini-rotations about the various parts of a play or something like that. First, my group had scriptwriting, then dance, and we’re ending the rotation (and school year) with acting. Today, we did skits based on three short stories Ms. Rocks (that’s what we’ll call the teacher) read to us. The first story was the Tortoise and the Hare story, then she read us The Boy Who Cried Wolf, and finally, she read us a story about a bee asking Zeus for a stinger to defend her hive by killing humans, but Zeus was so offended that he made it so stinging the human instead kills the bee. We then split up into groups and each chose a story to act out. My group - me, Nicky, Alex F, and Julia - did the wolf story, and, after some small arguments of who would play who, we settled on this: I would play the wolf, Nicky would be the narrator/pianist (soundtrack), Alex would be the boy, and Julia would be the townsperson that comes whenever he cries out, “Wolf!” The play went as follows: Nicky explains the story, Alex says there’s a wolf attacking him, Julia comes, he laughs at her and reveals it’s a prank, does the same thing again, and then I run onto the stage after Julia leaves and mauls Alex while Nicky plays “The Imperial March” on piano. Then, Julia walks onto the farm and asks where Alex is (after ignoring his cries for help), and then walks right over his corpse and doesn’t notice it. Then, the other three groups did their skits, and we were dismissed after Ms. Rocks gave us her thoughts and critiques. When I went back to the Agora, Ms. Kaydee told us we were early and STS was still going on, so I had to wait there for class to end before I could go to my locker. I sat down next to Bria and Leela and Bria said they played a Michael Jackson song in Band. (Her favorite singer.) Then, they both told me that if we ever have to play a Metallica song, it’s my fault. I explained to them that my dad was the one who asked Mr. Low if we’d ever play Metallica, to which he responded that “Master of Puppets” would be a good song to practice. Alex R. came and we all talked before going to the lockers.

Spanish: In Spanish, we’re working on a project, which is all we did during the class.

Lunch and Recess: During lunch, Kaylah kept putting pepper on my (plain) pasta and saying it needed flavor, and then my friends asked if I didn’t like pepper when I started wiping it off. I told them I didn’t like on pasta and then said I like my pasta plain, which they thought was gross. (I decided not to tell them that I put ketchup on it.) That led into them finding out that I don’t like pizza, cheese, or croissants, and I got yelled at. Solzy asked what my least favorite food is, to which I responded, “Pizza.” Then, I changed it and said I actually like empanadas less. They got even more mad, and we went outside. During recess, we wrestle. Basically, what our version of wrestling is is two teams trying to push each other’s members out of the box on the football field. (The lines for the box are made from the lines on the field.) No scratching, slapping, kicking, biting, or punching allowed, but you can drag people and cling to their body (mainly their leg). We did boys v. girls, so it was me, ZJ, and Solzy against Bria, Leela (the two best wrestlers), and Kaylah. Midway through the game, Jarius arrived with his creamed tomato soup or whatever it was. Solzy said he was on our team, and he sat on ZJ. (By now, me and Solzy were out and Leela and Bria were dragging ZJ out of the ring.) Unfortunately, they ended up causing Jarius to flip over and spill the tomato stuff all over his shirt. He ran back to the lockers to get changed (he has a change of clothes in his locker), and Jai arrived a few minutes later. Isaac also came and watched us. Jai joined our team, and Aliza came and joined the girls. We played three more games: the boys one the first one (then Jarius came back), the girls won the second, and the third was probably my favorite wrestling game we’ve played so far. Basically, I got Kaylah out (and she threw a shoe at me because my hands are clammy), then I got Bria (who almost never gets out, especially by my hands) out, and after seeing that, Kaylah told everyone to target me, which they did. In the skirmish, Solzy got out, and I somehow survived all of Leela and Aliza’s attempts to get me out while Jai, Jarius, and ZJ protected me. They ended up getting me out (Leela specifically) and Kaylah and Bria got back in because we do this thing called revenge, where, if the person who got you out gets out, you get to come back in and wrestle. ZJ, Jai, and Jarius were overpowered, but recess ended before we could finish.

English: We continued doing work based on our last book of the year, Animal Farm by George Orwell. Julia keeps saying, “Mr. V is always right. I will work harder.” as a joke to drive our English teacher (who we call Mr. V) crazy, since he doesn’t want to be compared to Napoleon (from the book). We read chapter 9 today, and boy, is this book messed up. In terms of desk groups (because Mr. V has now organized the desks in groups of two or three), I sat with Tamir (who drives me crazy and acts creepy around me) and Julia. We tried to merge desks with Henry and Maya, but Mr. V split us up and had us move the desks. We moved them a few inches away, which he was fine with. When Jarius briefly dropped in to leave his stained shirt in the classroom, Henry asked what happened and I poorly explained it by saying we were wrestling (no explanation on what I meant by that), Jarius sat on ZJ, and he got creamed tomato soup all over his shirt. Henry heard the word “cream” and got freaked out after already hearing about Jarius sitting on ZJ. We also did a gallery walk and looked at everyone’s art of scenes from chapters 1-6.

Science: Our Science teacher was back after being out most of last week, and Me, Grayson, and Bodhi spent the class working on our slideshow about urban water runoff. (Boring topic…)

History: We had our History test on World War I today, and it was pretty darn easy! For one, Ms. Drow let us bring in one “notecard,” aka a single sheet of paper with notes on one side of the page. I barely needed it, just to remember one of Wilson’s 14 Points and the conditions Germany had to accept in the Treaty of Versailles. Overall, I think did pretty good, as did everyone else (hopefully). After finishing, I spent the rest of the class drawing Transformers on the other side of the “notecard.” I also saw Ayaan (who was caught using ChatGPT to do his English homework last week) walking down the hallway with the dean, and after class, Gabriel overheard him talking to his friends about it, so… AYAAN’S PROBABLY GETTING EXPELLED! GET THE APPLE CIDER BECAUSE THIS IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!

Visual Arts: Mr. Botz told us about the two optional end-of-year art challenges due today: the Dean Challenge, where we have to draw the dean as best as possible from a picture of her, and the Review Challenge, where we have to write the most descriptive review of this class, and yes, we can make things up. Most of the kids did that, while Kaylah and Leela did the Dean Challenge. Kaylah kept hitting me with her ruler when I commented on her drawing, but I told her at the end of class that she can’t complain about me judging when she judges me and Duncan all the time. I finished a drawing of Jay Baines’ fan design of a War for Cybertron-style Overlord, then my Minecraft skin (as Duncan requested), and then I drew the pumpkin from the single cover of Helloween’s “I Want Out.” Throughout the whole class, Mr. Botz played Taylor Swift. (And I don’t like Taylor’s Swift.) Duncan worked on his Minecraft skin, which is a fox based on Fundy’s skin, since he’s a furry.

After School: I waited outside for about 15 minutes for my grandma to pick me up, but she came. In the meantime, I talked to Karl and Elijah.

We’re Back!
Sorry I haven’t been making School Stories lately. I normally make them at night in my iPad, but I was grounded from May 4th to June 1st and my iPad and phone were confiscated, so I couldn’t get on PMC at night and make those stories. Luckily, I’m back to tell you about my last 7 days of school! (Technically, you’ll only hear about 6, since I’ll be at my dad’s on Friday and won’t be able to make a story.) Stay tuned for the next parts of “Countdown to the 13th!” (My last day of school is the 13th.)
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster