~The Scourging of Earth~(Post Apocalyptic Roleplay) [IC]

OmegaMudkipz's Avatar OmegaMudkipz1/11/13 9:53 pm
1 emeralds 13.1k 2.5k
3/27/2013 7:57 pm
iHazRabiez's Avatar iHazRabiez
~The Scouring of Earth~

Earth has died. Which is to say that everything collapsed, both literally and metaphorically. As you stand in the ruins of a civilization once known as the planet "Earth", you soon find that you must find a way to survive. Either by stealing, toughing it out by yourself, or banding together, it is up to you. Nobody has any memory of the incident, and they are just waking up. This is the planet you once knew. And this is the fight. This is the Scourging of Earth...

APPLY HERE!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/the-scourging-earth-post-apocalyptic-roleplay-t204488.html
OmegaMudkipz
Level 25 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2013 7:57 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
iHazRabiez
Edgar had never really coped with the problems he had. Cities were rebuilt, civilization began anew. But it was not as his Gods had told him so. Their quiet, occasional whispers had ceased. Edgar felt alone. Betrayed. Abandoned. He stayed in his home, sticking in some of the deeper, more quiet parts of the facility he inhabited. With a clear head, he could think. He hated the silence, and he did not eat. It was easy for him to accept death, there was only so much he could do to keep calm. The prophets had proven false. Edgar had never truly found the prophet he so desperately sought. He was angry with himself. But that did not keep him from wandering the dark halls, the occasional explorer peeking into the facility. Not many continued deep into the facility where Edgar would lie, most would turn back when they saw the scratch marks he had made before "The Silence". Now alone, and at peace with himself, Edgar was ready to die. It took a long while for it to happen, he could not kill himself with violence, when he had tried, it felt... wrong. Dirty. It was only in his last moments did "The Silence" end. His Gods had left him, alone and quiet. But they returned, no longer just whispers in his head. But now, screams echoing throughout his mind. Refusing his demise, Edgar attempted to live, a new light guiding him. But the effort was in vain, he laid in a shredded mess, screaming, attempting to leave and live. No longer alone, no longer at peace, Edgar died screaming at the Gods he once loved. Screaming at them for returning as he neared his death. No longer did he love them, as he slowly died, a betrayal that he could not forgive in his death, no matter how much his Gods claimed to be sorry.

"It" had never caught the prey. But it had found new prey. It did not cease, it did not die. Instead, it lived. Alive and better than ever. It was still ruthless, angry, and primitive. But that's what made it such a scary tale. It simply hunted, for pleasure or out of instinct, nobody truly knew. Many stories were passed around about it. Many assumed it was simply another urban legend, something that they could shrug off and laugh about. But it was real, and it continued the hunt. Many people go missing in the woods, after hearing the stories or taking a dare. Many folks will often claim to have heard a heavy, inconsistent breathing in the woods it called home. But nobody would track it, for it would most likely kill them. But the thing about it is, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you hit, it always comes back. Those who claim to have seen it skulking the woods claim to watch its near-silent gaze as it searches. Some even claim to have "shot it in the head, only to watch it come back". It never was one for talking, or dying for that matter, but it was always one to hunt. No matter how primitive, no matter how illiterate, it will always be something that should be avoided.
03/27/2013 1:44 pm
OmegaMudkipz
((The roleplay has basically ended.. so there's no point really.)
03/26/2013 8:01 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
mdaddy14100
|| I never liked ending characters ever since Bloodline... I may rejoin soon even though I never really was active... ||
03/25/2013 10:51 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
NorthernGamR
Wesley walked down the streets of his Neighborhood. I still wasnt completely like his old Neighborhood. But it was still his home. He often kept in touch with his old group of friends. Though he never did find out what happend to some of them. He smiled as he thought about the good times they shared. And that smile quickly faded as he thought about the bad times that they went through on their own. But in all this. He survived. He came out on top. And now civilization was starting to rebuild itself. And Wesley was starting to rebuild himself also.

(( This was one of my first RPs and will always be close to my nerdy heart! But enough mushy stuff. Bring on the private Rp ))
03/25/2013 8:31 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
((I had like, 6 posts. Mike FTW!))
03/25/2013 8:25 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
03/25/2013 10:36 am
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
The street was empty, playgrounds were empty, nobody was on the street expect for a young boy and a adult male. The young boy found a odd looking stone on top of a hill and he ran up to it. "Dad, what is this? It looks odd.....it seems there is something written on it....." The young boy said. "Son, this is a grave, not just any grave, it is the grave of my father.....Your grandfather....." The Adult said. "What was his name dad?" The young boy asked as he looked at the grave and then at his dad. "His name was.....Greg Mego....." The adult said and started to cry a bit.
R.I.P. Greg, may you rest in peace...forever

((It has been a great and fun experience to RP with you guys, may we meet again in the future. Peace everybody!

~Typhlosionboy))
03/25/2013 7:37 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
Jacques sat down at a hard mahogany table, and looked out the doors. A small child, probably around the age of three was running around in a tidy backyard. Jacques looked down on what was primary on the table. A half unwritten book. "Better to finish the authors note now." But before he could start on it, another child burst into the room. "Granddaddy? Granddaddy can I have a cookie?" The man nodded. "Need me to pour you some milk?" The child shook his head. "No, I'm a big boy now! I can pour it myself!" The man nodded, then turned to the book and started carefully writing in elegant penmanship. First of all in this book, the events are not fiction. This happened. Now I know the younger generation might not believe this - Mutations? "Bah" They might say. But to all the "Oldies" that were alive and made it through, this is for you. I don't remember all of their names, but some people helped me out down there. To wherever you be now, may you be happy. The man carefully lifted the pen, looked down, and smiled.
03/25/2013 6:11 am
Level 26 : Expert Geek
tmplumber
The streets were empty apart from a small girl walking through near some old cabins, she had always wondered what could have happened there, but she always ignored it, eventually she came across the old graveyard, it was vandalised and gravediggers would often come near it. The air was cold and gave a very haunting atmosphere, eventually she came across a grave that read,
RIP, Thomson Lee Jean, but she noticed something, the grave was dug up with no body. It did not smell of rotting corpses near there though, it was as if no one had ever been buried there, ignoring this she skipped off in the other direction, back to her house, and went into her room. She was only one of the people who would go to this graveyard and wonder who was buried within that grave, the air always grew cold when they were there, and they did not know why. Almost as if it was haunted, of course none of them ever noticed the man in the corner of the graveyard, he seemed old, and it was strange that no one ever noticed him, he felt alone, more alone that he had ever been. One day though a girl was skipping through the graveyard with her friends, when in the corner of her eye she noticed the man and went up to him to talk. when she asked who he was, he only replied, I am a distant relative, confused by what he said she walked back to talk to her friends, what she did not notice was the man reading a piece of paper from his pocket, and read it, proceeding to shed a tear. When she looked back she noticed the man had disappeared, being very scared she ran back to her house with her friends to ask her dad who that was, the dad said he did not know, but when she explained what he looked like he replied, oh... that's just your uncle., but... I thought he was dead!

(( Yes I decided to that, anyway I hope the private roleplay goes well for you all. ))

-tmplumber
03/25/2013 4:05 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
A small boy, carrying many possessions, walked over a barren hill. He walked past the old sofa shop. He walked past a fire station, which was now rebuilt. He walked past a fish and chip shop. The boy walked past a forest, and past a few houses. He walked past a bunch of wooden cabins. The boy eventually reached a bigger house. He opened the door. "Dad?" He shouted. "What's wrong son!" A man said, walking into the room. "Where's Mum?" The boy asked. "She's out shopping" The man. "Another question Dad, what's your full name?" The man just smiled for a bit. "My name is Tyler Fox".

((Its been a pleasure roleplaying with you guys. Of course, if I get accepted for the private roleplay, I will continue from where I left of earlier.

Yours sincerely'

Blox))
03/24/2013 11:09 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
((I am my after scene.))

Cities were rebuilt, after ten years. Dio and Thea held on to a letter, written by the child who was no longer with them. They stood at her grave on top of a mountain with their daughter, "Lisette, died here. In her honor we named her after you." Dio smiled, but he really wanted to cry. Sawyer's grave was moved there as well, he remembered Lisette's last words, "Sawyer and I will be your family's Guardian Angels." How she went limp in their arms, and how painful it was. The letter, was full of how much she saw them as Sawyer and her mother. Thea was in tears and told Dio her mother died being shot in front of her, by saving her from her father's last bullet.
Lisette saw her parent's sad faces and stood in front of her grave, she smiled "I don't think she'd want mama and papa crying, smiling is best even if it hurts." They don't know if they imagined it or not, but Lisette standing there. Next to her was the other one, smiling and mouthing words. The words looked like, "I'll always watch over her."

((It was fun being here - Epic/Night-chan))
03/24/2013 10:34 pm
OmegaMudkipz
It's been fun, guys. Thank you for joining this roleplay, and whoever has been invited into the private roleplay will be able to continue this adventure. After this thread is locked, I would prefer if we kept in touch and roleplayed on each other's threads, and perhaps I will invite more people in the future. But, in the meantime, thank you for having this experience with me, and I hope you all share the same state of mind. Thank you, for the last time.

-Archstorm
03/24/2013 10:33 pm
OmegaMudkipz
((Sounds like a good idea to me. I can do the honors if you like.))

A small girl trotted up to a scraggly tree, towering far into the sky. She looked sad, but she was smiling as well. She turned around, and lay flowers on a cross, with a name. Her father, who had died. She hadn't known him, he had died before she was born. Her mother re-married, but she soon found it wasn't the same. Perhaps it was better this way, though. The cities were re-built, and they never did know what had caused the earth to suddenly turn into a wasteland. That was ten years ago, so much had happened in that time. She turned around, her mother was standing there. "Let's go have some lunch." She said smiling. The little girl nodded, looking back one last time. She ran into her mother's arms, never looking back again.
03/24/2013 2:42 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
SilverDawn
((He PM'd it to a small group of people. I'm sure you can find it, but ask him first. Just check the Forum Roleplay section (Oddly enough.)))
03/24/2013 2:40 pm
Summertime
Before you do, can the link be posted here?
03/24/2013 2:37 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
Omega, with your permission, I'll can get someone to lock this. Its just spam now, the private IC is out and such...Shall I?
03/24/2013 6:48 pm
tmplumber
(( Why don't we end the roleplay before locking it, for example a long post, years later showing how the earth civilised, perhaps some gravestones of the roleplayers, just a small idea ))
03/24/2013 9:46 am
Level 33 : Artisan Lumberjack
KieKey
This isn't an RP anymore. Planet, your doing this on Project Primeval, as well, please stop it? :3

Going to be nice.
03/24/2013 9:44 am
Typhlosionboy
((*three))
03/24/2013 9:42 am
planetblox2000
((Me fwee))
03/24/2013 9:32 am
tmplumber
(( I agree with typh... ))
03/24/2013 9:25 am
Typhlosionboy
This thread will get locked if we don't stop now!
03/24/2013 9:23 am
tmplumber
03/24/2013 9:23 am
Typhlosionboy

OK guys, let's stop now before this thread gets locked
03/24/2013 9:21 am
planetblox2000
03/24/2013 9:13 am
planetblox2000
03/24/2013 9:16 am
tmplumber
03/24/2013 8:46 am
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
((Planet I wouldn't be talking, you have done that several times, on this RP alone. I have no idea how much you may or may not do it elsewhere.))
03/24/2013 7:06 am
planetblox2000
((Brackets bro!))
03/24/2013 9:09 am
tmplumber
03/24/2013 6:35 am
tmplumber
(( yes lol ))
03/23/2013 8:55 pm
Summertime
((Okay. Now, I am tired.))
03/23/2013 8:54 pm
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
03/24/2013 6:28 am
Typhlosionboy
((And don't forget 41 other people))
03/23/2013 8:22 pm
tmplumber
(( I don't mind you ))
03/23/2013 8:21 pm
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
03/23/2013 8:19 pm
Summertime
((Night-chan and Epic-chan like you -_-))
03/23/2013 8:19 pm
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
03/23/2013 8:25 pm
Typhlosionboy
((I don't hate you))
03/23/2013 8:04 pm
Summertime
((Planet to be honest, I don't think Night-chan likes you at all.))
03/23/2013 8:01 pm
planetblox2000
((Add what?))
03/23/2013 8:00 pm
Summertime
((Add it please?))
03/23/2013 7:59 pm
planetblox2000
((I applied for the clock one.))
03/23/2013 7:58 pm
tmplumber
(( there are better ones, I personally liked Kori's also I liked this one in the way that Thomson developed as a character, first he was scared of the world, then he met Greg and become more confident eventually with Wes chasing hi he was forced to become more serious about things, then he began to hold a grudge against Wes and began to plot a plan to kill him, even proceeding to shoot him... ))

(( I added that but when I pressed post it timed out so I had to restart and ended up forgetting about that one ))
03/23/2013 7:57 pm
Summertime
((Night's were good as well. Her ones about the people where their lives were tied to rocks and flowers, also the one where they're all dead looking for a clock.))
03/23/2013 7:55 pm
planetblox2000
((Yeah, you're roleplay is good, plumber!))
03/23/2013 7:54 pm
tmplumber
(( if it does why not join one of the roleplays that each member of this roleplay created, it really shows inspiration, for example there is Northern's which is kind of like a robot revolution kind of roleplay, or perhaps mine which is kind of got inspiration from half-life or maybe deth_glitch's steampunk one, maybe even night's one about dead people or even create one yourself, honour this roleplay and carry on the tradition ))

03/23/2013 7:44 pm
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
03/23/2013 7:43 pm
tmplumber
(( i'd just leave the rp die, don't try and revive it or it might just go a bit more... im not sure sigh...))

03/23/2013 7:31 pm
planetblox2000
((I'd continue.))
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome