Almost 1 million views!

Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku9/10/14 5:34 pm
1 emeralds 151 1
9/10/2014 6:14 pm
-Kali-'s Avatar -Kali-
So today, I looked back at the mod review made for FlenixCities/FlenixRoads about this time last year; just before I got a job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWem-8IACrw

994.5k views. Literally just a handful away from a million...

I looked through some other videos uploaded by AC around the same time. The only other mod review with a high count like that was MCHeli (which I now distribute on behalf of EMB4), which has 650k and was uploaded a little before my one.

Now, fans of my mod will probably notice "hey, this is a year old but it doesn't look too different to the mod now!". Yup, this is the sad side of the video. Right after the video was made, I started working and had very little time to do modding in. I stopped tracking the video at around 150k views, and never realized it went much higher.

Now I'm sitting here thinking... what if I hadn't got that job. What if I never got a job, I was still an unemployed bum making minecraft mods? How popular would my mods of become?

It's a weird thought... but maybe the mods would of taken off, I could of finished them and ascended to the levels of the famous mods like IC2. It's unlikely, but this video kinda showed me the potential that it could of happened.

Now I'm depressed

Thoughts?
Fureniku
Level 88 : Elite Modder