Minecraft Gameshow: The Raven (Closed)

Darkn3sspawn's Avatar Darkn3sspawn6/29/15 3:40 pm
7/7/2015 6:34 am
Yshi1610's Avatar Yshi1610

Yo Guys its Darknesspawn coming back at ya with another Season of The Raven.

As summer comes along I think it would be a nice summer project to get the next season of the Raven up and going, and I hope to have a new bunch of awesome contestants. Now on to the formalities.

The Raven was originally a game show which aired on BBC. Its concept seemed easy to bring over to mine craft, so here we are

The Raven pits 6 people against each other over the pan of 25 challenges. Each challenger has 7 lives and when you fail to complete a challenge you lose a life. If you complete challenges then you earn golden nuggets, if you obtain seven then you win back a life. If you run out of lives you are out of the game.

That isnt the only way to be eliminated however after every 5 challenges except for the first set there is a challenge called "way of the warrior" in which the person in last place must prove that he is worthy enough to stay in the game. If he completes the challenge then the person in second to last place must play, and so on.

Play continues like this until there are two people left and they play one challenge to decide who is worthy of the win.

This would mark the second season of the Raven, the first had its downsides but all in all I was quite proud of it. This season is set on a new map with a whole new set of challenges, along with some old/revamped ones. I hope to make this one exceed the first and I hope you all will want to be part of it

First season here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2-oOJhq933

Camera Man: (Must have recording software WITHOUT a watermark!)
IGN
Fps while recording

Rules For contestants!
1. I know it is obvious, but PLEASE, dont try to cheat. There is no real prize (unless there is (;) and we are all just here to have a good time. If you want to play DONT ruin it for everyone else. We've already had an incedent, I dont want another

2. If you are accepted and im game Do NOT talk about non game topics. Dont talk about the nicks game, dont talk about that new game, dont even talk about how awesome/shitty the challenge looks, just DONT. Pretty much, only talk about the things that matter at the time, not because I dont want to hear your opinions, but because it doesnt make for good footage. You can talk about such thigns between challenges however

3. If you decide to create something for this game show (whether it be art, or animation or anything of the sort) and give it to me it becomes the shows. Meaning if loosing in the games leaves such a sour taste in your mouth that you want to take it back, you are going to have a hard time. If you feel as if your going to be an indian giver with any of your creations, just please, dont. Save us both the time

4. Do NOT harass, "troll", or make any of the helpers/contestants uncomfortable in ANY way.

5. Pay Attention! Please dont have me repeat the challenges constantly. If you have questions thats fine, but if you ask something Ive already explained im going to be mad x3.
6.Have Fun! You should want to win, and its alright if your a little hurt when you loose, but just remember to have fun with it!

Contestant (You will be interviewed, so be prepared)
Ps: Youll get brownie points if you 1.Delete the parenthesis in your app 2.Bold your answers..

IGN(Your minecraft name):

Your Personality: (I.e are you the person who tends to crack jokes at a moments
notice? The guy who puts absolute focus into what he is doing at the time? The "newb"? Go ahead explain yourself)

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: (I gurentee you if you say "because im bored" you will be loosing brownie points)

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before (i.e Build teams, Youtube Groups etc.) If so talk about them

Do you have a youtube account?: (Link eht if you do)

If you dont have a mic you are going to have a hard time

I would appreciate it if you watched some of the first season to get a feel of the flow of the game, it will better prepare you for the game, that's for sure.

Something else to know is that ive tried making season two over Christmas break, but the footage was lost due to some technical problems. But the map was saved, and ive been able to iron out all the complications of the first play through so everything should be nice and enjoyable.

Some pics Ill share:
http://i.imgur.com/j0zGRou.png

http://i.imgur.com/JKD4UiX.png
Darkn3sspawn
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/07/2015 6:34 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Yshi1610
IGN: Yshi1610

Your Personality: I am a person who wants to get work done, but tends to say a joke every here and there. I'm fun, but I'm not as fun if I'm with people I've never talked to before.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: It seems like an interesting idea to me for a gameshow to be in Minecraft. I feel like it will be fun to participate in one like this one. Also, it would be something new to me.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before (i.e Build teams, Youtube Groups etc.) If so talk about them I have been in 2 build teams. I've built with them for a few servers, but they aren't as active as they used to be.

Do you have a youtube account?: N/A
07/07/2015 4:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
localfungamer
IGN:Localfungamer

Your Personality:i like playing with my friends i like minecraft with them

Why are you interested in the gameshow?:because i hop to win i will get to the finales

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before:gamersunleached

Do you have a youtube account? i started youtube 1 year ago https://www.youtube.com/user/localfungamer14
07/07/2015 4:52 am
Codyisland1
IDK what happened to my last post. I think it got deleted. IDK so if it posts twice thats why.

IGN: Codyisland

Personality: Strategic. I love to make friends! But one thing. Betray me and oh you will not like it. But yeah. I love to make friends.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: I used to watch a show called Total Drama Island. Its just like this. And I love competitive shows. I watch them all the time! So yeah. And i'm very strategic.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before?: I was the owner of multiple Youtube groups and competitive teams. I also joined a lot.

Do you have a youtube account?: Have had it for 6 years. https://www.youtube.com/user/codyisland1

I have a good mic. No air in the back. Love to talk!
07/07/2015 3:07 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Blockhead
PoeticRainbow
IGN: TFF_Jay

Your Personality: I am a kind of person who likes to analyze and solve things pretty quickly. I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I'm above average in everything OTHER than PVP.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: I am interested in this gameshow because this seems like an amazing idea, and I loved season 1. Also, you can meet new friends, and have more experience.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before, If so talk about them: I have never been in an organized group setting before.

Do you have a youtube account?: I do not.

I do have an above average microphone.
07/07/2015 2:49 am
iceuas
IGN: iceuas

Your Personality: I am a guy who makes jokes about pretty much everything and im also a story teller, I am able to connect with most people on something.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: Because I was in one a while back ago and it was a very fun experience, I enjoyed getting to know some people and it brought a new feeling of competition.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before: I was in a game show called the Wool House by Dragon below, I don't have a link, and I have helped build spawn for a few servers of my friends.

Do you have a youtube account?: I do not

If you don't have a mic you are going to have a hard time: If I don't I can still function almost the same.

Also I am sorry for any bad grammar, im more of a math person
07/07/2015 2:42 am
Yshi1610
Is there an age limit?
07/07/2015 2:53 am
Darkn3sspawn
I dont want people who are afraid to talk.

I dont want to deal with large ammounts of immaturity when I need things done

I dont want to have to deal with people leaving midway through a session because their lunch is ready

along with a few other things that might come along with young age.

As long as you think your age wont interfere with anything im not opposed
07/07/2015 2:08 am
Yshi1610
Still looking? If not, when will the season start?
07/07/2015 2:36 am
Darkn3sspawn
Yea im still looking, until next week really
07/07/2015 12:51 am
Level 1 : New Network
blaze5606
Camera Man:
BallisticGaming_
7-8, I'm mature, but I can act like a child at times. (like normal people0
fg_ballistic
OBS
30 FPS, 1080p or 720p
07/05/2015 12:08 am
Level 1 : New Network
Typeboy
IGN(Your minecraft name): Typeboy

Your Personality: (I.e are you the person who tends to crack jokes at a moments
notice? The guy who puts absolute focus into what he is doing at the time? The "newb"? Go ahead explain yourself)

Im that type of person who is calm and likes to assess a situation before jumping right in. Even when it seems like I don't know what Im doing, I know exactly what Im doing and Im also 100 steps ahead. (Not even an understatement.) Im also apathetic, as well as like to have fun. Also, I have the tendency to be the funniest person ever, depending on what the conversation is about. I do have witty lines as well as sarcastic ones, and I even come with my own catchphrases, such as the infamous "Do you know who I AM!?". There's still so much for me to tell but I will leave the rest up to specualtion.

I choose to PM this, Just let me know if Im accepted.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: (I gurentee you if you say "because im bored" you will be loosing brownie points)

This gameshow looks interesting. Its very unique and original. Whats interested me the most was the builds, whoever build this must have been a professional builder. And so, the details and the scenery, in my opinion, is beautiful. What also interests me is the level of competition that this type of gameshow will provide. Yeah some expect this to be an all fun experience and they will go home happy and think everyone will be friends. BUT wait until the competition gets tense, there will be crying, there will be friendships tested.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before (i.e Build teams, Youtube Groups etc.) If so talk about them

Yes. I've been in quite a few youtube groups that, lets say, didnt have the best organization or leader for the job. Along those lines, I did meet some very interesting and sometimes weird people. Also along the way, I didnt expect to make any friends, and thought it would be more of a business type thing, but I actually managed to make a few, until that is, they shut me out for no reason, which did upset me very much. But thats a story for another day, or interview.

Do you have a youtube account?: (Link eht if you do)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7OMi5 ... gVKZ6GpfVA
07/04/2015 5:40 am
OzzyTheBanana
IGN: OzTheBanana

Personality: Eh, you can say I have a sarcastic sense of humor. I like dark jokes, but I know my limits. I try to be real as possible but in a weird humor way. I'm that type of person you just have to talk to in order to understand my story. I don't really talk unless I'm asked something or brought up. I'm patient and know my boundaries.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: I like the concept. It seems like you put a lot of thinking to this. Also, I'm a competitive person, so a game where I compete against others is really captivating.

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before: I am the leader of the YouTube Group, Dark Nebula. I know what it is like to run a group.

Do you have a youtube account?: Yes. https://m.youtube.com/user/OzTheBanana
07/03/2015 3:31 pm
Darkn3sspawn
bump
07/01/2015 6:30 pm
MrSnowmanJoe1
We need one more person!
06/30/2015 3:50 pm
Darkn3sspawn
Ok we have 4/6 people! Lets fill this up c:
06/29/2015 9:46 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Martinsaal98
Got your skype! Sweet!
06/29/2015 7:25 pm
MrSnowmanJoe1
IGN: Sambony302

Your Personality: I am a shy person. Be patient with me. I will have a hard time talking with people. once I get used to people I open up and I will chat with you more and I will act silly. I will try to make you laugh sometimes. If I'm acting obnoxious tell me. I will shut up.

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: I want to compete with other people and possibly become friends with those people

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before? If so talk about them: Not really. I'm not really outgoing.

Do you have a youtube account?: www.youtube.com/channel/UCFr9iTe2ZNbPS8NGDg2fqnA Please note that I have no videos. I'm not a recording kind of person.

I do have a mic. It doesn't have very good quality and there is some background noise but I hope that doesn't count against me. Thank you for your time.
06/29/2015 3:45 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Martinsaal98
GN: Martinsaal1

Your Personality I am the person that might say something and somebody doesn't understand, but if there is an akward silence, then I will be the one to fill the pothole!

Why are you interested in the gameshow?: I wanted to join the first raven but I see that there is a second so I jumped right on!!!

Have you done anything in an organized group setting before: I have been in a build team and in a YouTube group, with my old channel. Good teamwork by all in a comfortable setting.

Do you have a youtube account?: (BRAND NEW) www.youtube.com/channel/UCPYVJXQKqRTe6LvO4VXIPBw

I have a mic!!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome