Advanced idea for minigame server!

Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames6/14/14 9:35 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 27
6/22/2014 9:28 am
Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames
DESCRIPTION
So I'm quickly jotting this down so I wont forget this epic idea for a minigame server!

THE POINT
So this idea is a tech minigame server with a realistic explanation for minigame traveling! So you all start out as these testers (kinda like from portal) and gain levels, and parts (see PARTS) by playing minigames.

PARTS
To make items you need the required level and parts.
LIST:
- Metal (Iron)
- Wires (Redstone)
- Computer Chips (Redstone Comparator)
- Laser Coins (Nether Brick) (See CURRENCY)

ITEMS
(* means you get lvl 1 at start, items will not look different when leveling)

Communication Device* (Headgear)
Click to reveal
Level 1 - Hear and talk normally
Level 2 - Unlock PM (Private Messaging) V1.
Level 3 - You are able to eavesdrop V1 PM when in 10 blocks of range.
Level 4 - You are able to eavesdrop V1 PM when in 50 blocks of range, unlock PM V2.
Level 5 - You are able to eavesdrop V1 PM when in 100 blocks of range, and eavesdrop V2 PM when in 15 blocks of range.
Level 6 - You are able to eavesdrop V1 PM at all times, and eavesdrop V2 PM when in 45 blocks of range.
Level 7 - You are able to eavesdrop V2 PM in 100 blocks of range, Unlock V3 PM.
Level 8 - You are able to eavesdrop V2 PM at all times, and eavesdrop V3 PM when in 50 blocks of range.
Level 9 - Unlock Ultimate PM (No one can hear it!), eavesdrop V3 PM when in 100 blocks of range.
Level 10 - Able to eavesdrop any PM except Ultimate.

Power Gauntlets (Chestplate) (DMG is included on all attacks except throwing)
Click to reveal
Level 1 - +0.5 DMG.
Level 2 - +1.0 DMG.
Level 3 - Able to throw players dealing 2.5 DMG, +1.5 DMG.
Level 4 - Knockback I on all attacks, +2.0 DMG.
Level 5 - + 2.5 DMG.
Level 6 - Able to throw players dealing 4.0 DMG, + 3.0 DMG.
Level 7 - Knockback II on all attacks, able to pick up blocks and throw dealing 3.0 DMG (not able to pick up metal or stone), +3.5 DMG.
Level 8 - Able to pick up metal and stone adding a additional 1.5 DMG, +4.0 DMG.
Level 9 - Knockback III on all attacks, +4.5 DMG
Level 10 - 1% chance on every hit for instakill, +5.0 DMG.

Protection Plate (Equipped in leggings slot but shows up as chestplate)
Click to reveal
Level 1 - +1.0 HP.
Level 2 - +2.0 HP.
Level 3 - Resistance I, +3.0 HP.
Level 4 - +4.0 HP.
Level 5 - Thorns I, +5.0 HP.
Level 6 - +6.0 HP.
Level 7 - Resistance II, +7.0 HP.
Level 8 - +8.0 HP.
Level 9 - Thorns II, +9.0 HP.
Level 10 - Resistance III, +10.0 HP.

Power Boots (Boots)
Click to reveal
Level 1 - Double Jump ability (Double jump!) 1.5 Second cooldown
Level 2 - Black Hole (Pull enemies towards you) 15 Second cooldown
Level 3 - Wind (Push enemies away from you) 4.5 Second cooldown
Level 4 - Wirlwind (Spin players around you in a circle) 20 Second cooldown
Level 5 - SORRY, WILL BE ADDED LATER, I'M TIRED

MINIGAMES

Time of the Angels
Power Boots and Gauntlets are useless in this minigame, you will have to survive the terror of the Weeping Angels attacking. Weeping Angels will not attack you when you are looking at then, but every 10 seconds you blink (Blindness 10) for 2.5 seconds. The game will divide players into two teams, Survivors and Weeping Angels. There will be only 3 Weeping Angels, but you can't kill them unless you have a mirror (rare, find them on the floor). Weeping Angels insta-kill when they tap you, and have Speed III. This minigame may be hard to code but will gain a bunch of Doctor Who fans!

Portal
Portal in Minecraft! Players get to create their own testing chambers for other players online!

Capture the OS
Just like CTF. 5 Classes: Assassin, Warrior, Ranger, Technomage, and Engineer.
They are split into two teams, R.E.D. and B.L.U.E.
ASSASSIN: High-Voltage Blade (diamond sword), Wall-Run ability (Jump boost V for 5 seconds on use, 60 Second cooldown).
WARRIOR: Normal-Voltage Blade (iron sword), +10.0 HP (adds up to Protection Plate)
RANGER: Metal Blade (wooden sword), Electric Gun (bow with power IV), 16 bullets (arrows), Dash ability (Speed 2 for 5 seconds on use, 60 Second cooldown)
TECHNOMAGE: Low-Voltage Blade (stone sword) , +2.5 Power/DMG on Power Boots abilities. Lightning Strike ability (Strike lightning down on your foes, 2.0 Second cooldown)
ENGINEER: Low-Voltage Blade, Electric Gun, 5 bullets, Turret ability (Summon a turret to search for enemies and fire on sight, 120 Second cooldown), Flyer ability (Summon a mechanical bat to fly around and kill enemies, 60 Second cooldown)

Death Grounds
5 Player PVP battles with a twist. Each player gets a random buff out of these:
Speed I
Jump Boost I
Strength I
Resistance II
Invisibility I
Once you kill a player you get there buff, but the player can respawn with no buff. First to all 5 buffs win! Resistance on the protection plate will be disabled.

Infection
A simple but fun game, one person starts out as the Cyborg and spreads the infection by hitting players, the player will get nausea for 10 seconds then become one of them. Survive the time limit (5 Minutes)!

MORE BEING ADDED SOONISH!
Haydenjames
Level 29 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/22/2014 9:28 am
Haydenjames
K
06/17/2014 2:23 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
VulcanNetworkServer
You can!

Just only "cosmetics" ,

Not perks.
06/17/2014 9:49 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
stewez
ATTENTION!!

I'm going to create death ground, under the name: Connector, launching pretty soon, and there will be some more cool things added!

http://cheesecraft.eu
06/17/2014 9:14 am
Level 22 : Expert Lumberjack
baucat9
wait like couldn't u get arrested for hacking though?!?!
06/17/2014 9:18 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
I think thats the aim of the minigame, your not hacking peoples REAL computer but like an in game sort of computer I gather, kinda like a control point for example
06/17/2014 11:00 am
Haydenjames
Exactly
06/17/2014 9:05 am
Haydenjames
Yes OS is operating system, your hacking RED/BLUE team's computer
06/17/2014 9:02 am
Level 22 : Expert Lumberjack
baucat9
so u try to hack someone else's computer?!?!?! as in the OS thing
06/16/2014 10:46 am
Haydenjames
oh and guys, if you do make this server, please don't make it really hard to upgrade. I hate pay2win servers
06/17/2014 10:12 am
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
Mojang is enforcing the new EULA. Past August first, making servers that allow conversion of hard currency to anything but in game cosmetics is strictly illegal. They can sue you.
06/17/2014 11:02 am
Haydenjames
Nice this means all those minecraft minigame servers will have to make currency easier to get

EDIT: Does this mean we can't have donor ranks?
06/16/2014 1:43 pm
VulcanNetworkServer
Pay to win is illegal with the new Minecraft EULA, you can only sell things like chat prefixes and colours.
06/17/2014 8:56 am
Haydenjames
Oh nice, does this mean they can't make things really expensive and extremely hard to get, then ask you to donate to get them?
06/15/2014 3:48 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Blob
Xeron
Bookmarked!
06/15/2014 3:26 pm
Haydenjames
Guys, when you make the server, PM me
06/15/2014 3:19 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
GrantAndMat
Grant and I are more than capeable of making this, in fact it would be quite easy, just the fact that crafting recipies and signs are bleh to do.

If I can be bothered I will make a start on it, but don't expect anything, We have recently posted some plugins but they are taking weeks to be accepted, I will bookmark this page and may start on it tommorow.

- Mat
06/15/2014 3:14 pm
Level 1 : New Skinner
TreyM2000
I'll do it. I've been looking for a good server idea. Once I figure out a few things, server wise, I'll get in contact with you and if you want to help we can get started. I have a few friends who might be able to help us aswell.
06/15/2014 2:56 pm
VulcanNetworkServer
This, seems like a interesting idea mate.
We'd love to incorporate some of these idea's into our network that is being created at this current time.

Feel free to contact me on Skype if you would like us to go further with this idea.

Skype User ID: "VulcanGamer"

Cheers,
V-ForceMC & VulcanNetwork
06/15/2014 2:49 pm
Haydenjames
Thanks for the suggestion, Portal wouldn't work on plots because we don't have portal guns XD. And OS stands for Operating System (your trying to hack theirs).
06/15/2014 8:18 am
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
mobkinz78
This looks very interesting !

I am still a bit confused about the first bit, with the tech gear and stuff, but I love the ideas. Can't say I am a huge Doc. Who fan, but the Weeping Angels idea is awesome.

For the portal idea, I am not sure because, well, I mean I could use PlotMe and configure a plugin for people to do that. (just talking to myself in a forum reply, how sad, eh? lol)

For the Capture the OS, what does 'OS' stand for? Also, when people are divided, do they choose a class so there could be two of each, or does that have to be an overall even amount?

I like the Death Grounds idea. However, I am thinking strength + resistence is a bit overpowered. I was thinking of a teeny alteration. What if, you had like 10 people per game, or like a max of 15, and each one had a buff. When a person kills one, they get their buff (like you said) but once someone had 5 buffs, the game would 'switch phases'. (Real quick, I feel it would be too overpowered because if it's a 1v1v1v1v1 game, and if someone has 4/5 buffs which could possibly be Resistence & Strength, it is very OP) So, in this final stage, the person with the most buffs is given iron armor and a diamd sword, with the buffs doubled. Everyone else is given the same gear, but no buffs, and they work on a team vs the person with all the buffs.

Infection is an interesting idea. Probably would be the most simple to write. Not sure about it.

Since I have finals coming up at my school, I am limited on time with studying and all that. I have had this idea for my minigame server for a while now, and have been working on it. I have been looking for plugin ideas, and this was just the post I needed Will contact anyone who wants to be contacted with more info, when I have an update for all of this.

Thanks,
- Mark

If you have a question, you can e-mail me mobkinz78@redstoneoinkcraft.com just let me know how I know you xD
06/14/2014 10:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
PhoenixMagic
Oh
06/15/2014 7:50 am
Haydenjames
Yeah, sorry
I really wish i could code, I've tried to learn it but it's too complicated for my brain
06/14/2014 9:50 pm
Haydenjames
Pheonix, i cant run it, which is why i posted the idea, for someone to use, JOSH might use it
06/14/2014 9:48 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
PhoenixMagic
This sounds so cool please PM me when it gets up and running I really want to check it out.
06/14/2014 9:38 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
_fireeeMinecraft
ok ill do it
06/14/2014 9:43 pm
Haydenjames
You serious? You can code?
06/14/2014 9:37 pm
Haydenjames
I really hope someone takes my idea to make a server, if not, all I'm asking is a helpful or nice comment, please no hate comments, if you want to suggest something do it in a polite way.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome