Creating a new first person shooter

AnnualSurvivalGame's Avatar AnnualSurvivalGame4/28/15 9:40 pm
1 emeralds 153 1
4/28/2015 9:41 pm
MMA557's Avatar MMA557
Now, before I begin I want to say a few things. This is a huge deal for me, since I have only worked on/been on the team of a few different indie games to hit the Xbox 360, but I am aiming on this for a change to hit retail. I am talking with a marketing expert and he said if we were to break sales on the Xbox marketplace as an indie, he could look into getting into a few deals with game disc production companies and order a custom print with the game.

The last time I talked to him over the phone, he promised me something.

"Son, I will get your game out there. With work and effort, we can make this into the next miniature Call of Duty franchise. Keep up the good work in the studios."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how the game works:

You are a retired military medic. You are out with your 6 year old child on his very first fishing trip--teaching your son the proper way to cast the rod. He is sparked by this, and wants to try the second you show him. He gets the hang of it, and soon enough, gets a tug on the rope. He is frightened, and cries out for daddy. You (in first person) show him that it's a fish, and suddenly his face lights up. You demonstrate how to reel in the hook, and as the hook comes closer and closer to the water, he fills up with more and more excitement. As the hook finally crosses the surface, he almost cries out of disappointment. The fish was no where to be found! The son is eager to try again, and wants to try in a different spot. He points to a bay of rocks, and the father tells the boy "that seems a little too far out son," and the boy immediately turns grouch. He tells his father that they might as well get back home, as he doesn't even want to fish anymore. The dad is hurt, and wanted to spend time with his special kid. He decides to row the boat in the direction of the rocks, and the boy's eyes suddenly widen. He is happy, since the father decided to fish where he wanted to after all. After about ten to fifteen minutes of fishing, there is a large carrier entering the bay. The father is confused, as this was a fishing port, and the carrier shouldn't even of fit in the port. After a few minutes of watching the large ship, the boy gets another fish on his hook. He is once again very excited and almost falls into the water--and then he does, not watched by the father still staring at the huge vessel. Cries of help are heard from the boy, which attracts a silent troop of enemy soldiers making a silent exit off of the carrier. The soldiers rush over-- and one minute later the man is covered in blood and bullet holes. The boy is hidden on the other side of the boat, and the men rush away moments later after an order had been given over the loudspeaker. The boy manages to use the pole to grab onto the land, 10-20 feet away, and pulls and kicks himself to shore. He screams at his father's corpse, and sprints along the sand, attracting more enemy guards.

I am afraid I can't give more away until the actual storyline comes out, and then the beta where you will be able to play around halfway through the campaign.

If anyone is interested in a job opportunity for the side development of this game, please email me! My personal email is pyancey6@gmail.com and you can ask me questions there.

If you actually read that entire thing, thank you!
There will soon be large updates to this, so bookmark this page maybe?

I will actually release the beta download link, where you can use third party software to transfer the beta to your console.

Please also leave your comments below.

- 6D Studios
AnnualSurvivalGame
Level 1 : New Miner