Crycitis Game Development | RPG Style 3D Game

GamerBah's Avatar GamerBah6/14/14 7:09 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 44
6/23/2014 2:53 am
GamerBah's Avatar GamerBah
Hello there! I'm GamerBah (as some of you may know me as Gamer) and I am showcasing the very first leaked details about my "company's" new (hopefully able to be completed) game for PC called Crycitis. Crycitis is going to be an RPG-like game where users can choose a "Profession," complete quests, and kill bosses. You can read more about it below.

PROGRESS
Click to reveal
The terrain (as of 6/16/14)

STORYLINE
Click to reveal
The character is set on the distant planet of Galamar in hopes of being his father’s great successor. The character’s father, Samuel, is the mayor of a village located near the edge of a giant-redwood forest which surrounds the mountain of Crycitis. Crycitis is a demon who houses himself in the base of the mountain. Although he has been locked up for years due to the magic seal of Taknae, villagers fear that he will soon break the seal.

In his/her early years, the character gets kidnapped by an evil force with ancient origin. As the village panics, the character is safe… inside the mountain of Crycitis.

The character spends most of his/her early life working for Crycitis, who, as the tribe has feared, had broken the seal. The character learns right and wrong in the eyes of Crycitis, and soon becomes a minion of the greatly hated demon.

One day, the character wakes up in a strange Cherry Blossom forest surrounded by a neon white fog. Struck with the magic of Taknae, the eldest in the Magicians’ Court, the character sees things he has never seen before. 4 rotating cylinders of solid dark crystal, levitating by the force of the Magicians’ Court have been placed before the character. On one, a sword is placed. On another, a wand. On the third, an unstrung bow, and on the fourth, a small wooden dagger. From now on, the character chooses his own destiny.

GAMEMODES
Click to reveal
Classic - Worlds/Servers created with this gamemode will be able to share items with other worlds/servers, excluding Relics. Stats transfer as well.

New Era - Worlds/Servers created with this gamemode will start off with an empty set. Items, Stats, and Relics will NOT transfer from different worlds/servers.

Chaos - Worlds/Servers created with this gamemode will be in a super hardcore state. This makes monsters tougher, Relics harder to find, and damage multipliers become reduced. Items, Stats, and Relics will NOT transfer from other worlds/servers.

CHARACTER CREATION & CUSTOMIZATION
Click to reveal
Players will be able to customize their character to their liking, including, but not limited to, name, gender, skin color, facial expression, and hair.

Each character will have unique stats, looks, and classes. Items are not transferrable between characters, however. They are only transferrable between the same character on worlds created on the “Classic” gamemode.

ONLINE INTERACTION
Click to reveal
Each server will have an in-game text chat, along with an optional voice server for voice chatting. Players will be able to make “parties” and invite their friends, which disables PVP for all the players in that party (meaning they can’t attack the other members in that party). PVP will be enabled by default. Each server will also come with a set of commands to aid in the adventures on that game, as well as aid the owners of the server with moderating the players. Adding mods will greatly increase the range of commands a server can have.

MODDING SUPPORT
Click to reveal
This game will be open to all sorts of modding, which can vary from adding server or client-side commands, to more items, more quests, and more bosses. The options are endless! And to save people from the grief of players hacking the game, all games will come with an Anti-Cheat system, disabling all sorts of hacks from the game!

RELICS
Click to reveal
Relics are items found in the game that, when combined or crafted with the correct items, can give great boosts in stats to a player. Relic pieces are not easy to find, and take a great amount of patience to make. On Chaos mode, a Relic’s stat boost is nerfed, and finding pieces becomes extremely difficult.

LEVELING SYSTEM
Click to reveal
Each player can have his/her character gain levels by completing quests, PVPing other players (and winning, of course), by completing monster hunts, or by exploring the world around them. Levels allow a player to purchase items in the in-game shop to increase the strength of his/her character. Levels are unique to a character, and are shared across worlds made in the “Classic” gamemode. Each time a character levels up, he/she earns gems (Level (x) Level (+) 10 (x) Level). These gems are the basic currency for the game, and will be used in every shop (except the Prestige Shop).

ITEM LEVELING SYSTEM
Click to reveal
Each armor, weapon, or tool that a player finds in the world has the ability to be leveled up through combat or through use. For example, each kill gets the sword one step closer to leveling up. Each item has a maximum of 3 levels that it can obtain, from (these are just examples) Iron Sword, Skillful Iron Sword, Masterful Iron Sword. If I find a pair of crappy leather boots, I can wear them, and for each distance ran, the boots would get closer to levelling up. The leveling wouldn’t drastically change the stats, but would improve them, nonetheless.

PRIORITY LIST
Click to reveal
PRIORITY:
1 = Most Important
10 = Save till last

IDEAS:
Server Integration w/ gamemodes 6
Multiple Game Modes (Classic, New Era, Chaos) 5
Storyline 2
Character Creation/Customization 6
Voxels 2
In Game voice chat/parties/text chat 8
Mod Support 9
Crafting of weapons, armour, materials, and relics 3
Unique Music 7
AI of some form 2
Class Selection 4
Game Engine 1
Anti-Cheat 10
Prestige 10
Gems Currency (Main) 2
Prestige Currency 10
Textures 3
Unique Terrain 4
Leveling System 3
Item Leveling System 9

As a reminder, a bunch of these features are still being talked about, whether we will add them or not. Feel free to comment which options should be removed, or if we should add anything!

As for the "company," the name is currently LegacyGameDev (as we have not found any other name. Feel free to suggest some!). We are looking to hopefully add some more content creators, and some people who know C# and 3D things (We are working in the Unity3D Game Engine) and all that other stuff. I myself don't know C#, therefore I am a content creator, and wrote 90% of the storyline and came up with many of the features. It would be really nice if we could get some more people who can help write the actual game, and help with the game engine, because as of now, we have 1 (maybe 2) people doing all of the code.

As for working with "LegacyGameDev," if the game DOES happen to succeed, your name will be put in the credits, and you will receive a portion of the profits that we take in from sales of the game. We plan on selling the game for $20, and releasing DLC items later on (although, this has not been finalized, and will hopefully be soon).

If you'd like to help out, please let me know from PM or on Skype (GamerBah), or send an email to legacygamedev@gmail.com

We are all looking for your opinions on this game! Our Kickstarter campaign will be started soon after we get a working game... working!

Thanks for reading (if you did)!
GamerBah
Level 39 : Artisan Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/23/2014 1:39 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
LittleChaosGaming
Can I b a bug tester and a beta tester?
06/23/2014 2:53 am
GamerBah
When it comes time, possibly.
06/23/2014 1:37 am
GamerBah
*Bump*
06/20/2014 3:02 pm
GamerBah
Thanks for the ideas, guys! We'll be thinking about them as development progresses!
06/20/2014 2:21 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
WorldBuilder
I know Python relatively well, lol, I think that would be useless for this though.
-WorldBuilder =P
06/20/2014 2:15 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
make boss's like a character who hide's in the shadows, is tiny but when you fight him he grows bigger, he use's a battle axe thing too!
06/20/2014 2:04 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
A good loot system. Like in Borderlands but instead of guns we have swords, armour, potions, etc!!
06/20/2014 2:18 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Or just use the Diablo system. FREE CRAP FOR EVERYONE!
06/20/2014 1:27 pm
GamerBah
We are still open to suggestions! Something you suggest might actually be put into the game!
06/19/2014 10:13 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
GigabyteGiant
Can you be more specific on what you need C# developers for please? I am a fairly experienced C# programmer (7+ years of experience), who is currently taking exams to become certified by Microsoft in C# development.

Please PM me if you would like my contact information.
06/19/2014 10:01 pm
GamerBah
We are moving away from having a "blocky" landscape, and having a smooth landscape instead!
06/17/2014 3:16 pm
GamerBah
*Bump*

Still looking for a few more people who know C# relatively well!
06/17/2014 12:35 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Unicorn
TheLacky
Hey, I'm an artist, I'd love to pitch in plus I know a little bit of C# so I probably won't be able to help in that aspect but that could help me learn some more.
I would be doing things you need to be drawn and colored nicely - game cover or loading screens - yada yada yada.
06/17/2014 12:29 am
GamerBah
Interesting Development Update

I just placed blocks and was able to walk around.
06/16/2014 10:31 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
I'm also willing to contribute. I can manage voxel models in .obj, and .3ds format. If you want textures, I can help as well but I'm not too keen on that part.

Here is a link to some of my models and their renders:
https://www.odesk.com/users/~01c460b93c ... 4349066240

Note, this was linked from my Odesk profile. However, disregard the price I have on that site. I'm willing to help a Minecraft brother for free.

Also, the best way to contact me if you want to make sure if I'm right for the job, is to PM me on PMC.
06/16/2014 10:29 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
I also know bits of Python, so if you need something done, just ask. Not the best, but I know how to do it.
06/16/2014 9:36 pm
Level 28 : Expert Lumberjack
BLESS_YO_FACE
I can code in Java, as well as do some game art.

I know you can't really "take my word for it" so feel free to PM me if you're considering my work

(Of course my work is free, just in case you're wondering)
06/16/2014 9:18 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Seems interesting.
Bookmark.
06/16/2014 9:13 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
That asshole who said don't continue the game. But anyway, game seems great. If you ever need testers, I would like to help. Also, is this like a Multiplayer based game, or is it more single player based?
06/16/2014 9:30 pm
GamerBah
I was planning on it being more Single Player based, but we aren't sure yet. We'll have to wait until the Alpha version comes out.
06/16/2014 9:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Interesting concept, but I think you should probably lay off multiplayer until last. At first there won't be many players and things like music would be missing, so less people would play it because it's unfinished, and it would die shortly.

In short, put the core concepts in first. These include:
Music
Story
Characters
Gamemodes
etc.,

Leave these until last:
Multiplayer support, anything that won't really complete the game. First you want players to get hooked, then you really want to reel them in.
06/16/2014 9:28 pm
GamerBah
Yea, I guess I should probably update that list with the changed one... Multiplayer is now lower on the list, but I apparently didn't change it on here. Thanks for reminding me!
06/16/2014 8:52 pm
GamerBah
Major update: Check the "Progress" section of the main post.
06/16/2014 1:33 pm
GamerBah
*Bump*

Main post edit: Company named to LegacyGameDev. Company email created.
06/15/2014 5:00 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
thegreensniper
I can Beta test.
06/15/2014 5:00 pm
GamerBah
I will put you down on a list for Beta Testing, since it is most likely a ways off
06/15/2014 4:46 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
GamerBah
bmanrulesI wouldn't use Java for this (It's a great language, but a Game Engine like Unity/Unreal Engine will speed up development, especially seeing as you want multiplayer and great levels of detail).

Secondly, never decide a price before you've even got a demo of the game, you never know how the game will turn out, and it can make you seem like you just want to make it as a cash grab (especially with DLC already decided).

If you decide to use a game engine, send me a PM

We are writing our own game engine for the time being, because Unreal doesn't handle voxels very well, and they also take $$ after I make $50k, which I don't want happening either.

The price is not final, either. It was a base option that we had decided we'd keep for the time being. It will most-likely be changed in the future.

And the reason we are releasing DLC is to reduce the struggle of creating a second game to the series. Creating DLC will go a lot quicker, and will be a lot easier than making a complete new game.

Kirito SwordsmanI don't have a Skype...

Are you able to make one? It would greatly help for both talking about this all, and staying in contact with each other.

If not, it will be an insane struggle to you to keep up with development.

You could always use Unity, The only restriction is you have to buy Pro ($1500) if you earn more than $100k a year off the game ($1500 is cheap in comparison).

It's also going to be easier to implement voxels into Unity than to write a fully networked voxel based 3d rpg in Java.
06/15/2014 4:29 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
I wouldn't use Java for this (It's a great language, but a Game Engine like Unity/Unreal Engine will speed up development, especially seeing as you want multiplayer and great levels of detail).

Secondly, never decide a price before you've even got a demo of the game, you never know how the game will turn out, and it can make you seem like you just want to make it as a cash grab (especially with DLC already decided).

If you decide to use a game engine, send me a PM
06/15/2014 4:36 pm
GamerBah
We are writing our own game engine for the time being, because Unreal doesn't handle voxels very well, and they also take $$ after I make $50k, which I don't want happening either.

The price is not final, either. It was a base option that we had decided we'd keep for the time being. It will most-likely be changed in the future.

And the reason we are releasing DLC is to reduce the struggle of creating a second game to the series. Creating DLC will go a lot quicker, and will be a lot easier than making a complete new game.

Kirito SwordsmanI don't have a Skype...

Are you able to make one? It would greatly help for both talking about this all, and staying in contact with each other.

If not, it will be an insane struggle to you to keep up with development.
06/15/2014 4:24 pm
The Silver Paladin
I don't have a Skype...
06/15/2014 4:22 pm
GamerBah
Could you both add me on Skype (GamerBah)? If you are still willing to help out, so I can go over a few things with you
06/15/2014 3:26 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
I can help as a BETA tester.
06/15/2014 4:23 pm
GamerBah
I will see about people with Beta testing. It is a ways off, but I will write you down as a tester
06/15/2014 3:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
SlimeHub
I know my way around on Unity3D. I mostly make 2D games on it. But I can try 3D
06/15/2014 2:42 pm
The Silver Paladin
I have some basic Java Experience. I could do a little bit
06/14/2014 11:33 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
You could use udk game editor it is free and was used to make games like dungeon defenders
06/15/2014 2:22 am
GamerBah
I would use it, but I don't want $$ being taken away from me when I hit $50k
06/14/2014 10:55 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
adam561
If anybody has experience with java and/or game creation,PM me. I'm this amazing games lead developer, you could say.
06/14/2014 8:51 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
Squishy Lemon
I'd buy the game once it was released, also if the game does go through, I'll donate during the kickstarter phase
06/14/2014 7:39 pm
The Silver Paladin
I can Beta test! I've never done it before!
06/14/2014 8:25 pm
GamerBah
I am not sure whether we are looking into Beta testers JUST yet... but I will write you down as a "candidate" for the job
06/14/2014 7:35 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Robot
Mqxi
I love the idea! I can't code, but I would be happy to be a beta tester! PM me on PlanetMinecraft if I can be a beta tester! Thanks
06/14/2014 7:13 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
OnyoWigglyPotato
This may turn out good ^3^ Hope it actually happens. I'd like to help but Exams =I
06/14/2014 7:16 pm
GamerBah
It's a summer-wide (probably year-round) effort to code this all, so feel free to help when you are done with exams!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome