Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [Now at Steam!]

LInsoDeTeh's Avatar LInsoDeTeh11/14/15 5:45 am
4/20/2017 1:40 pm
LInsoDeTeh's Avatar LInsoDeTeh
Hey guys,

I'd like to show you my game Galactineers, which is available at Steam:

Galactineers is a genre-mix of open-world-sandbox game (like Minecraft, but is located in space) and realtime-strategy game. Instead of an avatar with an inventory you take control over numerous ships. You use blocks, buildings, and items, to shape the world to your imaginations.

Gameplay Demo (german) #1 - Sandbox & Economy
Gameplay Demo (german) #1.5 - Sandbox (extended)
Gameplay Demo (german) #2 - Fights, PVP & PVE
Gameplay Demo (german) #3 - Exploration

Core feature of the game is the ship designer in the factory building. Wether you need harversters, cargo- and construction ships, observers, or battle ships, you build everything in the ship designer. You use blocks and ship modules. You can choose from nearly 50 different block materials and hundreds of ship modules, to design your ships as you imagine them, regarding look and functionality.

Explore space, to find ressources, pirates nests, extra-terrestrial stations, PVP arenas, such as PVE missions.

In the PVP arenas, you can face off with your friends and determine, who built the best battle ships. Bet for ship construction plans, or ressources.

In the PVE missions you can try to beat the game in singleplayer, or cooperatively with up to 4 players. You can win precious materials, or unlock new modules for the ship designer.

The game is highly customizable. You can create own texture packs, add recipes to the foundry, or use the Object Editor, to add your own stations and asteroids to the map. With the simple PHP programming API, you can easily script your own PVE missions.

We'd really appreciate, if you'd give us your vote on Steam Greenlight
LInsoDeTeh
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/20/2017 1:40 pm
LInsoDeTeh
Hello guys!
Today we're proud to release a big game update, which we've been working on for weeks. It significantly improves the overall visual quality of the game.

In the past
Since I did not post here for a long time, now a little best-of the latest updates in advance:
- There are several new minor factions. Some of them are friendly and you can find their stations in outer space. Others are hostile and even have their own biomes.
- Enemy NPC ships (from the old and new factions as well) can be challenged for a quick 1vs1 battle. In case of victory, they have some loot for you, of course.
- At jump portals, merchants spawn on a regular base to trade with your docking bays nearby. Also, enemy ships spawn every now and then and can be challenged for a 1vs1.
- There are new automation mechanisms in addition to the transmitter system, e.g. relay stations and lava pumps.
- There are new PVE missions available. We now have 4 of finally 12 missions implemented to the game and of course they contain loot and unlock new ship modules.
- The world can be upgraded up to Level 4. There are level 4 buildings, the level 4 ship designer and of course tons of level 4 ship modules.
- There's an interactive tutorial for newcomers, lots of tutorial videos, context-driven help texts and a complete ingame wiki.
- The API has been heavily extended, so there are many more options for complex mission scripts.

But now for today's update:

Lighting improvement
At first, we added bump mapping to all blocks an buildings! This increases the level of detail dramatically and creates a more three-dimensional surface for all blocks and building walls.
At second, we added light sources and illumination (this can be (de)activated in the settings). Items like buoys or powerblocks do now emit light and enlighten the environment around them. This improves the games atmosphere in a big scale. Furthermore, spotlights can be attached to your ships to create seeker ships or just as a nice decoration.

And with it comes the content
To allow you to make use of the new visuals, there are over a dozen new ship modules from level 1 to 3, which you can use in the ship designer (no need to unlock via a mission loot). From point light beacons over floodlights to lanterns, you'll find everything to build nice illuminated ships.

A new trading race has been introduced to the game, the Copper Miners. On the above screenshot you can see their home base, which can now be found in outer space as well. They'll sell copper, coal and also a new item called Lightbox. The lightbox can be used to illuminate your structures with spotlights of different colours (can also be seen on the above screenshot). Of course, the copper miners will also appear at your jump portals to trade with your docking bays. Just make sure you check out our wiki to see the supply and demand of all trading races.

Bugfixes and improvements
Of course, as with every update, we also fixed bugs and added a few improvements and/or features from our to-do list. For example the tutorial has been improved with new tag messages, so it's even more obvious for newcomers to get into the game, and the shields (available for ships of level 2 or above) have now been implemented to the combat engine.

In the future
In the next few days, we'll focus on updating our shop page with new screenshots and trailers, so new visitors get a better impression of the game in updated quality. Also, trading cards and our wiki page will be updated with improved screenshots. Maybe, we'll launch another Steam visibility round to get a new wave of players in.
After everything has been updated to the better visual level, we'll return to mission scripting and finally release the next two PVE missions you're all waiting for.

As you can see, a lot of things are still happening in this game and we hope to leave Early Access state this year!
But for now, have fun with the update and thanks for reading!
04/23/2016 1:49 am
LInsoDeTeh
Hello again!

Galactineers is now out in Steam stores since a month. Today I'd like to show you what has been done -beside bugfixes- in this time and what new features we have:

The transmitter system

The transmitter system allows you to connect buildings with each other to automatically transmit items. That way -for example- a mining tower can be connected to a storage, so the dug ores will automatically be collected in the storage. No need to pick them all up one by one with your ships anymore.

Furthermore, buildings like the factory, the docking bay, and the jump portal require energy supply. This can also be solved with the transmitter system by connecting powerblocks to each of these buildings.

Transmitters can be purchased in the new Automation Lab building. They connect automatically to buildings nearby but you can always add or remove manual connections to buildings or between transmitters.

Copper

In preparation of the transmitter system and energy supply a new resource, copper, has been added. It's available as an ore block, which can be dug with a mining tower. The resulting copper nugget can be used to produce cable or powerblocks in the foundry, or obviously make copper blocks out of it, which can be used for building. Of course, copper is also available in the ship designer as a block.

API and editor extensions

The editor and the API have been extended by regions, which can be used for triggers. There are triggers for entering and leaving regions with a ship. These can be handled in the PHP scirpts for missions. Also, there are new commands to add and remove obstacles on the mission map inside a region.

Ship Analyzer
In the context menu of a (allied, own or hostile) ship, there is a new button to open the ship analyzer (shortcut: N). It allows you to enable/disable display of certain modules of a ship and switch to an exploded view of a ship. That way you can see how a ship has been built and where its cores and modules are. You can use it as an inspiration for your own ship design.

03/25/2016 10:46 am
LInsoDeTeh
The game is now available as Early Access version at Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/424850
03/17/2016 2:02 pm
LInsoDeTeh
Hey guys,
soon it's time, and our game Galactineers will be available at the Steam store!
You can already watch the trailer and the screenshots now, and add the game to your wish list.
At March 25th the Early Access will finally launch! We're looking forward to see you on a server or another

01/16/2016 4:41 pm
LInsoDeTeh
Hey guys,
finally it's time, some of you waited for it, ... we just uploaded the english gameplay demo video. It has been recorded this weekend on the latest version of Galactineers.

Take a seat and join this one-hour tour through the world of Galactineers, including sandbox, economy exploration, PVE missions, extensive SHIP BUILDING, and some new features like Steam Workshop integration.
[yt]jcelXK_b2n0[/yt]
12/12/2015 4:26 am
LInsoDeTeh
Hey guys,
we decided to integrate all Level 3 stuff (buildings, ships, ship modules) before the Early Access version as well. This means: When you get the game, you'll have Level 1-3 available for research already, instead of only 1 and 2 according to the previous schedule.

Here are some impressions from Level 3 (the factory and two ships):

11/29/2015 5:43 am
LInsoDeTeh
Feel free to contact me at Skype: LInsoDeTeh

There will be a complete documentation in shape of a Wiki:
http://wiki.galactineers.net/

This is still WIP, but will be completed before the first game release.
Also, there will be video tutorials inside the game. These will explain the most important features context related with short 30 second videos.

If you understand german, you can have a look at my gameplay video series already at YouTube:
Gameplay Demo [german] #1 - Sandbox / Economy
Gameplay Demo [german] #1.5 - Sandbox (extended)
Gameplay Demo [german] #2 - Fights, PVE and PVP
Gameplay Demo [german] #3 - Exploration
An english gameplay demo video will follow soon as well.
11/28/2015 10:07 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Any demos of the game will be released? Or free copies given out?

I am starting a YouTube channel soon and would like to have this game as first game on my channel, is this all info about the game or is there an website to provide more info about how will game work? Need to ask so I know how much I can learn before I dive into a game, I like to do my research first, than play.
11/28/2015 6:30 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Great job!
11/28/2015 6:07 am
LInsoDeTeh
We got greenlit this Thursday.
Thanks to everyone who voted for our game!
11/20/2015 4:35 pm
LInsoDeTeh
We're aiming for the Early Access version to be released at Christmas this year.
It will contain building- and ship-level 1-3 (there will be 5 levels in the final game, but no coding, it's "only" content (engines, weapons, buildings, etc.)). The functionality of the docking bay and the observatory will also not be available in the Early Access version yet, but both are not very basic for the gameplay.
We hope to get the full release done in Q1/2016 then.
11/20/2015 2:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
This looks brilliant! I would definitely pay for this - and I buy next to no games! How long do you think will be until release?
11/20/2015 1:10 pm
LInsoDeTeh
Thank you for the great feedback guys

The game is developed in C# with the XNA framework, which I use as the base for my own engine.
11/19/2015 2:46 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
11/19/2015 2:44 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
11/19/2015 2:42 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
This isn't Minecraft in space. It's a voxel game. Give OP a break guys. He deserves it.

Great looking game, OP!
11/19/2015 2:17 pm
LInsoDeTeh
Hello again!
I re-worked the graphics a little bit. I improved the texture filtering and added glow effects. Feedback welcome, same goes for your votes at Greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554345851

11/14/2015 6:36 am
LInsoDeTeh
In the opening post I linked a few gameplay demo videos. They're in german language, but english versions will follow soon. If you don't mind the german commentary, you can nevertheless have a look for gameplay impressions.
11/14/2015 5:57 am
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
TBH; To Minecraft(e)
11/14/2015 5:53 am
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
This does look like minecraft in space with sandbox style but wow, I must say great work! I really like the game and probably will buy it when it comes out if price will be reasonable!
11/14/2015 6:19 am
LInsoDeTeh
Thank you very much

We'll start with a cheaper Early Access version to get some community content into the game for the full release. Don't be worried about the expression "Early Access" though, it will already have like 85% of all features, we're almost done with development.
11/14/2015 6:31 am
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
Mind releasing few demos?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome