My Game Code Void - 3rd Person Voxel Shooter

youngnill's Avatar youngnill7/21/14 2:29 am
1 emeralds 5.1k 73
8/5/2015 11:49 pm
youngnill's Avatar youngnill
Hey PMCThe game is a voxel game of the sort, however far different from the original minecraft look, instead it'll look similar to this(rendered in blender): so if you are into simply putting your opinions into this game and watching it grow, simple comment below. We're currently using the Unity game engine, coding in c#

A bit about the game:

The game (code name void) is about survival. Landing on a generated ship, you look for items and supplies to scavenge and craft valuable weapons and armor to be the best on the space ship, which has been overrun with countless mercenaries. You can explore, craft, fight, and build in it. Along with that you will have the ability to crest a custom player. Followers are gain able and are command-able by you. We also plan to add in shops that allow items to be purchased and sold. (we use unity)

Please leave feedback! Let me know if this is an interesting idea to you and if you would be interested in buying this game. I appreciate any ideas and thoughts.

Building: building works by finding pieces throughout the ship. These pieces allow for crafting items and furniture. A "home" would simply be a room inside the ship(can be any type of room you want), where you're followers will usually stay, and where you can customize it.

Features
Click to reveal
Randomly generated hallways
Shooting

Planned Features
Click to reveal
Randomly generated rooms and hallways
Inventory
Animations
Randomly generated loot

Here are *some* models. I'll post in-game screenshots soon.
Resources
Click to reveal

Furniture
Click to reveal

Attachments/Equipment/Guns
Click to reveal

Armor
Click to reveal

http://codevoid.wix.com/codevoid

Game progress was halted for a few months which is why this post is so old.
youngnill
Level 34 : Artisan Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/05/2015 11:49 pm
youngnill
Screenshots:

07/31/2015 2:05 am
youngnill
Screenshot:

07/30/2015 1:43 am
youngnill
Will post some gameplay screenshots soon! Here is what we've done in the past 2 days plus the work that was done a few months ago (shooting and random generation)

Added:
- player control
- health
- quests
- couple of animations(shooting, walking)
- shooting
- basic AI
- random generating ship

Next planned features:
- inventory
- crafting
- more weapons
- better ai
- improved quest system

Once these features are done and the game feels rather solid we will begin alpha testing! visit our site to contact us about testing!
07/27/2015 11:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Grump
Death
Need a dev? Lemme know. I wouldn't mind helping from time to time. Have around 3 years of C# experience, and around 3 of other languages as well.

As I said it'd be from time to time as you can see in my signature I have another game that I am currently working on as well, but I commonly take a few hours break from working on that.
07/28/2015 10:03 am
youngnill
We do need a bit of help. I just have been recruiting and we're redoing features now.
07/24/2015 2:14 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
If you never really see the outside of the ship, you could always go with a randomly generated ship.
07/24/2015 2:20 pm
youngnill
That's what we plan to do. We are working with generation and so far it is working pretty well!
07/24/2015 2:12 pm
youngnill
amazoDog161
Vulture7codevoid.wix.com/codevoid I set up a site. I know it's with wix but I think it'll do for now. I am going to get a domain name soon as well.

Do you want me to make a site for you?

Well at the moment the current site we have is a good starter being as we have very little traffic. However I will certainly get back to you later. Thanks!
07/24/2015 2:43 am
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Hey, seems like a good project, I can playtest, give ideas, and give feedback if you want. PM me on PMC if you're interested in using my services.

EDIT: I realize this comment makes it sound like i want to be paid. That is not the case, and I do not want to be paid in any way.
07/24/2015 2:26 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
07/24/2015 1:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Wackerman352
Possible Crafting and room Idea!

An engine room with possibly some fuel in the engines allowing you to craft incendiary grenades?

Just a suggestion
07/24/2015 2:10 am
youngnill
That sounds like a good idea. Another room + additional resources for crafting. Good suggestion!
07/24/2015 2:16 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Wackerman352
Welcome!

Would love to support the game in anyway i can even if its just suggestions i love indie Games!

Good Luck!
07/23/2015 10:38 pm
youngnill
http://codevoid.wix.com/codevoid I set up a site. I know it's with wix but I think it'll do for now. I am going to get a domain name soon as well.
07/20/2015 9:28 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
bookmark.
07/20/2015 9:22 pm
youngnill
Thoughts?
07/15/2015 8:31 am
youngnill
seriouswarrior
Vulture7We are in search of an animator(if you can animate Minecraft characters then this would probably be quite similiar), sound engineer, and a somebody who is good with Gimp and/or photoshop. Thank you so much for your questions and ideas and we will certainly take them into consideration!

Thanks for the consideration! ^w^ I don't think I'm the kind of guy you're looking for, though. Sorry. I could be an "idea guy," though, if you need a fresh mind to throw out some decent suggestions occasionally. I'm pretty good at that. PM me anytime.

Sounds good! ;D
07/15/2015 2:26 am
Level 39 : Artisan Fox
seriouswarrior
Vulture7We are in search of an animator(if you can animate Minecraft characters then this would probably be quite similiar), sound engineer, and a somebody who is good with Gimp and/or photoshop. Thank you so much for your questions and ideas and we will certainly take them into consideration!

Thanks for the consideration! ^w^ I don't think I'm the kind of guy you're looking for, though. Sorry. I could be an "idea guy," though, if you need a fresh mind to throw out some decent suggestions occasionally. I'm pretty good at that. PM me anytime.
07/13/2015 10:45 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fox
seriouswarrior
Sounds pretty cool!

A couple questions, though:
~Will it be multiplayer or singleplayer or both?
~Are there windows on the ship?
~Different weapon types?
~Anything special about it being a voxel game? Like, can you build or destroy?
~So, it's basically a Minecraft-ish type game based on surviving inside a mercenary-ridden space ship?
~What about the lighting mechanics? Will there be natural lights throughout the ship, or do you have to craft your own?
~Will the spaceship be landed on a planet, in orbit, or in no-mans-land?
~Will there be different types or classes of mercenaries?
~Is there only a single level of ship to explore, or are there multiple levels?

Ideas:
~Grenades
~What if, to access some areas, or whatever, you have to locate and activate generators of some sort?
~Access to outside?
~Occasional "boss" mercenaries
~Unique weapons - not just your typical automatic weapons. Maybe really exotic weapons - like, say, I dunno, a gun that shoots out a short-lasting translucent barrier or movement-restricting goo? Something crazy.
~"Zombie" mercenaries. could occasionally, on chance, come back to life once killed

Answers to YOUR questions:
~I like the concept, yes.
~I may consider buy it once it is developed enough - kinda like MC.
~What kind of help you looking for?
07/14/2015 8:12 pm
youngnill
~Will it be multiplayer or singleplayer or both? There will be both.
~Are there windows on the ship? Yes we plan to add windows.
~Different weapon types? Snipers, shotguns, pistols, laser guns, assault rifles, and rifles. Maybe even a few melee weapons as well.
~Anything special about it being a voxel game? Like, can you build or destroy? If all goes well, there will indeed be destruction. I think it would be cool to blast a hole into a wall to easily get inside of it. You will be able to craft furniture and such and place it around to add decor to the ship - and defend your area.
~So, it's basically a Minecraft-ish type game based on surviving inside a mercenary-ridden space ship? Yes
~What about the lighting mechanics? Will there be natural lights throughout the ship, or do you have to craft your own? There will be natural lights on the ship - from red glowing lights of an alarm to the white lights overhead in the hallways.
~Will the spaceship be landed on a planet, in orbit, or in no-mans-land? The ship will be in orbit.
~Will there be different types or classes of mercenaries? Mostly random - they could hold a shotgun, assault rifle, or laser gun. However, I think classes would be a really cool idea so you know what you're up against.
~Is there only a single level of ship to explore, or are there multiple levels? Well, as of now the AI doesn't work well with multiple levels, however their will be ladders leading to catwalks that could only be used by you to ambush the AI. There could be multiple layers in multiplayer if we leave AI out of multiplayer.

Also, grenades and special equipment such as EMP and smoke grenades are planned. I think trying to activate a generator to gain access to an area was a thought I had but we have never tried it - yet we certainly will test this out! There most likely won't be access to the outside as it would probably be extremely challenging. We have considered being able to leave the ship to travel to either another ship or maybe even something large like a space station once you've done a set objective. This would be rather difficult but also rather rewarding for the player. We might add an end goal as well in the space station - like Minecraft. Occasional bosses is a good idea and will add a challenge so thanks for that great idea, we will try certainly it. Unique weapons is something I have thought of but that's actually a really good thought and we will add them in! As for zombie mercenaries, it would sort of take away from the realism of the game as the AI would be human however thanks for that thought!

We are in search of an animator(if you can animate Minecraft characters then this would probably be quite similiar), sound engineer, and a somebody who is good with Gimp and/or photoshop. Thank you so much for your questions and ideas and we will certainly take them into consideration!
07/13/2015 9:37 pm
youngnill
In search for anyone who knows how to animate - even with minecraft characters!
07/02/2015 7:28 pm
youngnill
Skyward[]Wow, this is one goddamn brilliant idea!
Got any music for it yet?

Sorry for the late response! But no we do not have music for it yet.
05/20/2015 3:23 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Skyward[]
Wow, this is one goddamn brilliant idea!
Got any music for it yet?
05/20/2015 12:33 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
PurpleAnt
Hey I'm from KBVE https://kbve.com check us out we have a bunch of coders, animators, and we even already made a game I like this project so link me to the site so I can see if I think it will be worth out time.
02/22/2015 12:31 pm
youngnill
I am going to constantly post updates of my game on here. Also, please comment your thoughts and tell me any features you think would be interesting.
02/22/2015 11:42 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
Ew, gross, unity, ew.
02/22/2015 11:45 am
youngnill
What's wrong with unity?
02/22/2015 11:49 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
It's a (kind of) good start, but overall it's just bad.
02/22/2015 12:37 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
Unity is only as bad as the developer using it.
02/22/2015 1:27 pm
youngnill
Yes, and we are a team of 4.
02/22/2015 12:02 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
I'm not a developer, but from what I've seen Unity is more than enough for a voxel game. You might be able to do more if you're working from scratch , but it's good for what OP is making.

I'm personally not a fan of the game. Voxel games are just... overdone. It seems like people only make them because it's too hard for them to make non-voxel models/animate them with Blender. (voxel games usually aren't as successful, minecraft doesnt count)
02/22/2015 12:37 pm
youngnill
I'm mostly interested in the style of voxels from the game Stonehearth. Being able to model and animate easily is a plus but I appreciate the feedback. (Stonehearth - http://stonehearth.net/ )
02/22/2015 11:58 am
youngnill
I don't know, right now it's not giving any problems, however we could bail out on it eventually but I doubt it. I mean, have you seen interstellar marines? Unity can do quite a lot.
02/22/2015 11:40 am
youngnill
I am mostly in need of animators right now.
02/19/2015 4:46 pm
youngnill
It's back! I kind of was busy with a lot of stuff but now I am back to working on it! We are in search of animators and programmers. Also we appreciate any inputs and thoughts on it.
07/31/2014 10:45 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Looks quite interesting from that blender image. I hope to follow any development you do!
08/01/2014 1:42 pm
youngnill
Thank you!
07/31/2014 10:40 pm
Level 25 : Expert Grump
Death
Here's a few modelling programs that are especially for Voxel models:

also a thing to note for unity and voxel models: Use ambient occlusion, it helps a TON with making voxel models look better.

For this game it'd depend on how static the levels are, and how large they are, I'd highly recommend making the levels as interactable as possible. For instance make the user knock something down off of a wall to open a pathway, etc.

One last thing to note-When it comes to level building, always remember to make the player feel smart, clever, etc. for instance I'm using this technique in the current game that I'm working on, at some points in some maps, you can break out a wall to find a secret pathway, etc.

Sorry for rambling, I'd just like to help the most that I can for other game developers
08/01/2014 1:39 pm
youngnill
Haha no problem, I greatly appreciate it and will take it into consideration.
07/30/2014 11:11 pm
youngnill
Bump
07/25/2014 8:35 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Myrian Fyre
Considering this is a whole new game, you're going to be putting a lot of work into it anyway, so I'll put that restriction away for these suggestions.
If you spawn in on a space ship, why not have it so you can board and take over other ships?
Also would you eventually crash into a planet you could scavenge materials from, i would suggest having a tier system for the levels of technology you have in your ship and have like you saida home or Base of operations?
07/26/2014 5:23 pm
youngnill
Yes, we do plan to have some sort of other places to visit. For example, after completing a certain amount of tasks, you can take control of the ship, and lead it to other places (space station). We might consider planets as a location too.
07/25/2014 6:30 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
Can't wait to see how it turns out! Sounds like a great idea

(Qubicle has a free alternative called Zoxel you might want )
07/25/2014 7:25 pm
youngnill
Haha, actually was recommended it too, and started using it. And thanks!
07/25/2014 5:08 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Programmer
Koslaw99
There fixed my last post. Sorry forget it would recognize it
07/25/2014 5:13 pm
youngnill
Oh ok
07/25/2014 2:00 pm
youngnill
Koslaw99Do instead of

?
07/25/2014 1:58 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Programmer
Koslaw99
Do instead of (img) (/img)
07/25/2014 12:56 am
Level 28 : Expert Lumberjack
BLESS_YO_FACE
This honestly seems like something that would be far easier to make as an adventure map...
07/25/2014 1:56 pm
youngnill
Ha, I haven't gone in depth with it. There are many features planned, and I wonder if you could do it?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome