How do you deal with stolen creations in another language?

GhostXavier's Avatar GhostXavier8/19/16 5:07 pm
1 emeralds 415 6
8/19/2016 5:33 pm
GhostXavier's Avatar GhostXavier
I'd present my work in this forum section but it's nearly six months old at that point. I realize this is technically a help question but I am unsure if it really belongs there or in Your Creations.

Anyway, how do you guys deal with people stealing work in another language? It's one thing to make an account and post properly, but in another language is a different story.

This -snip- clearly stole "The Caelitus Archipelago" from me, not even bothering to try and make his own screenshots to boot. Apparently cropping was easy enough even though it's dead obvious.

-snip-
-snip-
The Work that has been stolen

Honestly I'm not concerned others will believe him considering how googling "The Caelitus Archipelago" brings up a plethora of images and credits leading back to me. I'd still like to get this taken down though, but the language barrier is another thing entirely.

So how do you guys go about it if you find your own work is taken in another language?
GhostXavier
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/19/2016 5:33 pm
GhostXavier
Never considered using that outside of protecting my actual career works, but that's a solid idea. Thanks for the input.
08/19/2016 5:28 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Send a DMCA Takedown Notice to the website's ISP or host with proof that they stole your content.
08/19/2016 5:26 pm
GhostXavier
Been trying to find a proper one. The blue link in the image, when translated, looked like it but sends you offsite. Interestingly enough, under sources he has translated, it sends you to my PMC post yet he claims it as his own. Not even sure what he's attempting to do at this point.
08/19/2016 5:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
solarspectrum
If there is an email on the website, email them in their home language. Provide proof.
08/19/2016 5:13 pm
GhostXavier
Right clicking also serves that purpose when on a website since the option is there. It's not perfect though, and when you post something like that it's nearly obvious you used a translate tool for those who speak the language fluently. But whether or not someone takes it seriously is another thing entirely I guess.

Raises a new question: is it preferred to post in a broken form of their home language or English?

Edit: Typos.
08/19/2016 5:10 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
I know this may be obvious, But look up
Google Translate
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome