My new Meme's site

Z645's Avatar Z6456/25/14 7:06 pm
7/23/2014 2:39 pm
Z645's Avatar Z645
So for a few days I've been slowly working on a site for meme's. Tell me what you think of the idea?

--> LolAnt

Feel free to submit stuff, so I can post them up.
Z645
Level 31 : Artisan Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2014 2:26 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
I submitted one.
07/23/2014 2:39 pm
Z645
It's up!.
Btw, it was a very small image, so I replaced it with a bigger copy of that same image.
07/23/2014 2:11 pm
Z645
Bump.
We've reached: 289 300 Unique visitors and 10,959 11,262 total hits on the website. all in less than a month. C:
07/17/2014 12:05 pm
Z645
Bump. Submit some pictures!
07/10/2014 4:11 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Azie
Z645... No user accounts.

I foresee many images from anonymous users containing much nudity and inappropriate content.

"Much nudity such content" is how I read that.
07/10/2014 3:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
KansasCityGirl
Its nice, but it could use a PROFESSIONAL Web designer.
07/10/2014 4:05 pm
Z645
Not really. I'm not sure why I would need a "Professional" web designer when this is all for fun. o-o
07/10/2014 3:20 pm
Z645
Bump. 134 unique visitors in only a few days for this month. Impressive.
06/30/2014 3:09 pm
Z645
Newest updates:
  • - Uploaded Terms
  • - You can now share memes on Facebook and Twitter
  • - Commenting is available now
  • - Font has been changed around a bit

I'll be working on more updates.
06/27/2014 1:40 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
How about different sections or some way to sort the posts? Or a search feature? You could search up "Skyrim" and find a Skyrim meme.
06/27/2014 1:50 pm
Z645
I could have categories and a navigation bar. Or I could have a page full of tags too with a search option. Tags would be categorized in alphabetical order.
06/27/2014 1:33 pm
Z645
Bump.
Anyone got any features they'd like to see?
I have votes, sharing, and commenting on the list.
06/25/2014 10:21 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Why are the terms of use this page? http://lolant.com/submit/
06/25/2014 10:36 pm
Z645
Currently being worked on.

Tanasmmo
Z645
TanasmmoNot a lot of people are going to actually want to try and post a meme on a site that may or may not ever even post it, and believe it or not the only time someone leaves because of a "sign up" button is usually the FAQ and EULA, and the requirements to make an account.
For example (Bold is things people may leave for):
Username:
Password:
Date of birth:
Phone number:
IP Address:
Home address:

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:

[Insert simple EULA]
[Insert FAQ/EULA (whichever it was) stating, "We are allowed to: Track you down, shut off your internet for __, __, and __ reasons, and give out your personal information."]

Even then with those things, some people may sign up, and without those things? More people will sign up then you think.

You see the banner in my sig? It's my Social Network I had up, now it's "Coming soon", no one signed up there. I was being raged at from every side. People flaming me telling me "no one wants to join", "joining takes too much work. Who know's what I'm doing with the information", etc,etc. So, I'm working more on sites that need less of an account feature. This Meme's site, it's all controlled by me unless I hire another person to work alongside with. If I do add an account feature, it'll probably be long away from now. It's a lot of work, and to add more features to that is a pain.

Then there is a reason why they are saying "Joining takes too much work" Are you making it too long? Is your FAQ and EULA "corrupt" or "undetailed" in some way shape or form? (Don't answer those cause 90% of the time I'm betting you would say "No" to both) You have to ask people why that say that, and if they wont tell you its a possible chance they either don't know why, is lazy, or is trying to troll you.
Just because those people said it does not mean no one will sign up.

If I was wrong, I doubt PMC, for example, would have this many members, true they had to progress and all that, but I also doubt that they started with just people being able to post, without signing up. Yes, I don't doubt you will have a long way to go, but I do doubt no one will sign up. At least five people will, maybe even more.

Give them a reason to go through all that work just to sign up. Like Roblox does, if your a "Guest_____" there are many things you can not do. Chat, make friends, ext. Make signing up in your website special so people will go through "All that work" just to get those benefits. Maybe make comments, where you have to be signed up and logged in to post a comment, find something people will want that will give them a reason to sign up, otherwise some folk are never going to sign up.
Its that easy, you just have to make it worthwhile for those who do sign up.

I'll look into it further I guess.
06/25/2014 10:31 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
LetsPlay2D
you can find them here: http://lolant.com/submit/
06/25/2014 10:36 pm
zoossrocks
No it just reloads the page.
06/25/2014 10:20 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
PhoenixMagic
ah what the heck I'll submit one
06/25/2014 9:54 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
I am not going to post a meme cause im afraid the thing will trace the picture to my files then hack me.
06/25/2014 9:16 pm
zoossrocks
Got lots of memes I'll post one.
06/25/2014 9:05 pm
Z645
Sindro
Font - Can you show me someone using the same/similar font? I haven't seen many of it.

http://www.lobsteristhenewcomicsans.com/

And I'm not sure why the background is a bother. I mean, sure lets say I added a white background. But white is so over used I'm starting to hate the color in particular.

It's not exactly a huge bother, but typically we see less textured backgrounds on apps and websites to put more focus on the content. It's sort of like a blur in a photo or video. It can be any colour, not just white. Maybe a grey or a black would work, as that is already the main colour of the background.

Also, before you tell me I'm not gonna get anywhere with this or whatever you'd say. This site went up only a few hours ago, this is day 1. I'm slowly adding/removing trying to fit in with peoples wants.

Sorry if I seemed harsh, never intended to tell you that you'd never get anywhere. I should've said that you should add something which is different compared to other sites like Tumblr or Imgur. Originality sticks out in this day and age. You need features which make users stay on your website, and actively use it.

Actually, your font was close. It doesn't look like the one I had. Not even close. But the name is close enough.
I'll leave the background though. It looks like it's fine. People with wandering eyes will mostly see the stuff around the main content. :/
06/25/2014 9:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Not a lot of people are going to actually want to try and post a meme on a site that may or may not ever even post it, and believe it or not the only time someone leaves because of a "sign up" button is usually the FAQ and EULA, and the requirements to make an account.
For example (Bold is things people may leave for):
Username:
Password:
Date of birth:
Phone number:
IP Address:
Home address:

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:

[Insert simple EULA]
[Insert FAQ/EULA (whichever it was) stating, "We are allowed to: Track you down, shut off your internet for __, __, and __ reasons, and give out your personal information."]

Even then with those things, some people may sign up, and without those things? More people will sign up then you think.
06/25/2014 9:10 pm
Z645
You see the banner in my sig? It's my Social Network I had up, now it's "Coming soon", no one signed up there. I was being raged at from every side. People flaming me telling me "no one wants to join", "joining takes too much work. Who know's what I'm doing with the information", etc,etc. So, I'm working more on sites that need less of an account feature. This Meme's site, it's all controlled by me unless I hire another person to work alongside with. If I do add an account feature, it'll probably be long away from now. It's a lot of work, and to add more features to that is a pain.
06/25/2014 9:49 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Then there is a reason why they are saying "Joining takes too much work" Are you making it too long? Is your FAQ and EULA "corrupt" or "undetailed" in some way shape or form? (Don't answer those cause 90% of the time I'm betting you would say "No" to both) You have to ask people why that say that, and if they wont tell you its a possible chance they either don't know why, is lazy, or is trying to troll you.
Just because those people said it does not mean no one will sign up.

If I was wrong, I doubt PMC, for example, would have this many members, true they had to progress and all that, but I also doubt that they started with just people being able to post, without signing up. Yes, I don't doubt you will have a long way to go, but I do doubt no one will sign up. At least five people will, maybe even more.

Give them a reason to go through all that work just to sign up. Like Roblox does, if your a "Guest_____" there are many things you can not do. Chat, make friends, ext. Make signing up in your website special so people will go through "All that work" just to get those benefits. Maybe make comments, where you have to be signed up and logged in to post a comment, find something people will want that will give them a reason to sign up, otherwise some folk are never going to sign up.
Its that easy, you just have to make it worthwhile for those who do sign up.
06/25/2014 8:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sindro
Font - Can you show me someone using the same/similar font? I haven't seen many of it.

http://www.lobsteristhenewcomicsans.com/

And I'm not sure why the background is a bother. I mean, sure lets say I added a white background. But white is so over used I'm starting to hate the color in particular.

It's not exactly a huge bother, but typically we see less textured backgrounds on apps and websites to put more focus on the content. It's sort of like a blur in a photo or video. It can be any colour, not just white. Maybe a grey or a black would work, as that is already the main colour of the background.

Also, before you tell me I'm not gonna get anywhere with this or whatever you'd say. This site went up only a few hours ago, this is day 1. I'm slowly adding/removing trying to fit in with peoples wants.

Sorry if I seemed harsh, never intended to tell you that you'd never get anywhere. I should've said that you should add something which is different compared to other sites like Tumblr or Imgur. Originality sticks out in this day and age. You need features which make users stay on your website, and actively use it.
06/25/2014 8:48 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Z645
jdf2
So i'm guessing every image must be confirmed?

Yes. Unless I figure out some magic that removes the nasty submissions and keeps the good ones XD

http://www.patrick-wied.at/static/nudejs/
Hoping its ok to post that link...
06/25/2014 8:42 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
I submit a Meme.
06/25/2014 8:44 pm
Z645
Will check it out.
Looks like it wasn't uploaded. Try again?
Save image, and use the upload button to upload it.

jdf2

Yes. Unless I figure out some magic that removes the nasty submissions and keeps the good ones XD
06/25/2014 8:38 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Z645
Azie

I foresee many images from anonymous users containing much nudity and inappropriate content.

*Coughs* Already got a few submitted. No worries, all under control. LOL, none of that is going to be forwarded to the public.

06/25/2014 8:32 pm
Z645
Azie

*Coughs* Already got a few submitted. No worries, all under control. LOL, none of that is going to be forwarded to the public.
06/25/2014 8:24 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie

06/25/2014 7:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sindro
The font is messy, and that type is far too over-used nowadays. I can see the pixels on it. Make use of more of the screen, but not too much. Fix your layout for sharing your website using social media. I'd honestly remove the pattern background and go for a cleaner look to bring more attention to the pictures. Try to keep a consistent font for your whole website, your source really stands out and doesn't look that neat. That grey bar at the top seems unnecessary. Get user accounts going, like UMayBleed said. Make it easier to navigate your site as well, maybe make it possible to add tags to images and be able to search by tags.

Edit: I don't mean to bash, but your website isn't exactly original. There's plenty of sites that do the exact same thing as your website does, and have built up a community.
06/25/2014 8:17 pm
Z645
For this site, I've planned. No user accounts. No one bothers to sign up, they see a sign up button and leave. Font - Can you show me someone using the same/similar font? I haven't seen many of it. Yes, I know the sharing buttons are off, I just added them and haven't had a chance to move it yet. And I'm not sure why the background is a bother. I mean, sure lets say I added a white background. But white is so over used I'm starting to hate the color in particular.

Oh, and tags. They'll slowly make it's way in there, after more submissions are made probably. So the pages aren't empty with 1 image. :/
06/25/2014 7:37 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
People could spam that quite easy, you might want to make it so they have to login or something.
06/25/2014 8:18 pm
Z645
Lol, I'm sure no one will spam a small site like this. It's hella boring. Try it if you'd like. And besides, I'm posting submissions which aren't gonna be screwing with the site.
06/25/2014 7:24 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
i submitted a Tumblr picture.
06/25/2014 7:36 pm
Z645
Are you sure? I don't see it anywhere. Did you save, and upload it using the file upload on the site?
06/25/2014 7:42 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
yeah. it needs to be like checked and stuffs
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome