On the topic of theoretically conversing with a Central Processing Unit

3 emeralds 2 replies 80 views | started 08/12/2017 6:10 am by MadBadCat
Since this discusses the creation of what you would deem to be an "AI" (short for artificial intelligence), it is in the correct topic.

Anyway. How would you feel about conversing with your central processing unit through the means of machine code or high level code that gets converted into machine code.

(or: through the means of 0s and 1s (binary) or english translated from the letters and numbers into 0s and 1s (binary))
Posted by avatar
MadBadCat
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect

2 replies

08/13/2017 1:08 am
Level 27 Expert Dolphin
Blue Zircon
*Confused nerd mode engaged*
Well, if I were to go and talk to some form of AI with a binary translator, I just wouldn't do it at all. Communicating with any form of AI long enough can teach it to be more human, thus making it gain feelings and can possibly turn evil as a result. Trust me, nobody wants The Terminator movie to happen in real life, so to me, it's best not to talk to it. Communicating with it to do certain commands would be marvelous, but we shouldn't go overboard into treating AI like it's a person. I'm all for the future, but I just don't want it to be murky and dark.
08/17/2017 2:31 am
Level 7 Apprentice Architect
MadBadCat
Well, by the state of the world currently, I say that there is no future regardless.
We've got Donald Trump building walls.
We've got ISIS murdering captives
We've got Britain leaving the EU.
North Korea finally made a nuke.

So, chance of survival: 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

and Honestly, It'd be fun to communicate with an AI, even if the result is still the terminator, it'd be fun to watch. I just sit back, play games and watch the world burn beside my computer.

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome