Pokémon GO in Minecraft - Opinions?

nemxo's Avatar nemxo5/25/19 5:01 am history
7/18/2019 12:01 pm
nemxo's Avatar nemxo
UPDATE
The beta version of GO Survival is released!
mc.go-survival.net (1.10)

For future news & updates, please join the discord;
Link: https://discord.gg/4VjVsjT

Hey everyone!

I made a post about an unmodded pokémon survival server a while ago, but I took my
time to switch things up by basing the server more and more on Pokémon GO

To start things off the concept is very close to my original server;
survival with the twist of being able to catch pokémon.
Pokémon are displayed as player heads with their according skin.

(I'd also like to thank Eli for agreeing to making a large amount of skins for the server!
Please check out her profile: https://www.planetminecraft.com/member/peridot_xj9/ )

But with some work and time invested into it I added things like eggs, raids, research tasks, radar,
actual spawn rarities and all pokémon from generation 1 to 4! Here's some screenshots of how things look
like on the server up to date:

Nearby radar:

Wild pokémon:

Catching a wild pokémon:

Pokémon are displayed as player heads with their according skin & stats:

Pokédex (as for now gen 1 only):

Raids:

Finishing a raid:

Info about every pokémon (like type, max CP, rarity)

Levels:

Well that wraps it up!

Just like last time, I'd love to know people's opinions on this and if people would play on here.
I put alot of time and work into this and would love to bring this server online, if people would be interested.
It was a life-long dream of mine to run a unique minecraft server and if you ask me, this is as unique as it would get.

Thank you for taking your time!
nemxo
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/25/2019 3:16 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
05/25/2019 4:49 pmhistory
nemxo
Thank you! Sounds interesting, I've actually thought of adding buddies in forms of invisible armor stands that follow the player around. Something similar will probs be added at some point, thanks for sharing!
07/18/2019 12:01 pm
nemxo
I actually have to come back to you, and thank you for your idea.
I actually use armor stands now. If you're interested in how it looks,. here's the link to a newer post:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/servers/pok-mon-go-in-minecraft-my-most--589122/
05/25/2019 6:49 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
That sounds like a really awesome plugin! Maybe it could work like Pokecord over on Discord, where whoever types the "catch" command the fastest gets to catch the Pokemon if two or more players are in the same location. Though, how would one be able to battle with these virtual Pokemon, anyways?

Also, what version will this server be on?
05/26/2019 5:42 amhistory
nemxo
Thank you so much! It actually works like Pokécord, if you would want to catch a pikachu with a poke ball the command would be /catch Pikachu 1. Wild pokémon spawns are purely virtual and appear in chat, as for the future I would love to implement actual physical wild spawns. The version will be 1.10.2, but you'll be able to join with 1.8-1.14 thanks to ViaVersion.
05/26/2019 8:45 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
No problem. That actually sounds quite interesting to say the least! Also, I'm glad it's able to work on 1.10.2 and other versions like 1.12.2, because it is possible to implement More Player Models on anything lower than 1.12.2. I'm thinking MPM can be an optional way for trainers to express themselves (like how my character is small) due to being a mostly client-sided mod. Unless another person has the mod as well, then it would be quite tough for them to see their modified skin. Also, this does not affect their hitboxes, and it will treat the player as if he/she were at normal height to prevent cheating.
05/27/2019 7:37 am
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Ew no.

Make em real :L that'd be betterer.
05/27/2019 10:32 am
nemxo
Thanks for the reply,

could you eventually get more into detail how I could make them realistic?
I thought it's a quite unique idea to use player heads, and way less work than to work on
3D models or something similar. Keep in mind it's generation 1 to 4 we're speaking of! Lots of pokémon.
05/27/2019 12:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Well it doesn't have to be fully done models; just make it so you can spot lil heads all over the map randomly spawning and choose to shoot a pokeball at em; just make a reskinned bow and there ya go it'd be a lil better and maybe eventually make them.
05/27/2019 1:42 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
ericbarbwire
Ever thought of making something like this a premium plugin? I think a lot of people including myself would be interested lol
05/27/2019 2:02 pm
nemxo
Hey! I actually have, but I came to the conclusion that I'd be much more happy to keep this for my own server in the future so it really stays as unique as it is. But if things don't go so well, I'd consider it maybe.
05/27/2019 2:08 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Ninja
Deathdusk
It would be good if you're trying to attract players without the hassle of having them to install mods but the actual PixelMon mod (even after shutdown) has been optimized greatly and has made every pokemon. It's a bit of a step up and it's something available to EVERYONE.

I guess the one way you could kind of compete with the mod in this way is by using a custom resource pack that force downloads upon login that will make your pokemon sprites into models (like, models akin to how hypixel does it)

The trouble is finding a way to do it smoothly and with like however many pokemon there are now.
05/27/2019 3:04 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
Zeyarch
A neat idea might be a cool idea to make the pokemon visible with particles.
05/27/2019 4:10 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
I probably shouldn't play on it, because I'm not that much of a fan of those I new of ideas. Not saying it is bad though, because it isn't bad.
05/27/2019 8:33 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
Noah
I voted I wouldn't play on this server because I personally don't see the appeal as opposed to Pixelmon. It's really easy nowadays to get Pixelmon started, and so I see no reason why someone wouldn't just want to play on Pixelmon.

However, I can respect wanting to create something unique and this is very unique in my opinion.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome