Prologue

ammaron's Avatar ammaron6/11/15 12:28 am
1 emeralds 201 2
6/11/2015 9:37 am
ammaron's Avatar ammaron
Prologue
It all started a little while ago, I’m not even quite sure exactly the days and months have started to blend together, one after another. I feel as though he is mocking me, just waiting for me to go insane. As though he is waiting for his prey. I can feel his dark ominous presence towering over me. It started when my little brother disappeared. We thought maybe he ran away. Kids seem to do that. As the hours passed, one hour, two hours, by the third hour we began to worry, he had never ran away this long. It had started getting dark, and was now the 5th hour we called the enforcers.
As they looked around the community they discovered his body, there were long jagged gashes going down the back reaching down to the back of his knee, these gashes were thick tearing through the bones as if it were paper. The enforcers were perplexed at what the possible verdict was. As they pondered the answer it went to the council of our community as soon as they saw it they went pale in the face and about passed out. They immediately knew what it was. 24 years ago there was a creature unlike any. It was long and scaly with only 2 arms, no legs. Its body was like a snake. At its head its eyes were constantly glowing green the only thing to know if it was even there in the dark. Its teeth although small and contained in its mouth, they were as sharp as a sword able to cut through silk. Its mouth stretched out reaching about 1 foot long. At the end of the mouth were two holes making his nose. This creature was called Majinone. No one is sure where they come from or where they go. They only know they come and go as they please only to murder never to be seen.
As soon as the council realized this they told us to move, to leave, and to never come back. They explained that no one must know about this or there would be complete panic. Immediately the enforcers helped back our stuff and we were on our way within a day. They moved us to a new community in hopes that the Majinone would leave us both alone. We were still mourning from the death of my little brother, but we knew that was the least of our worries considering that the Majinone may be after us. For the next few weeks we cowered in fear and stayed inside of our confined home, together, alone, scared. I’m terrified, actually petrified. I don’t even fully understand what the Majinone are. Why would they kill my little brother? It makes no sense.
After a month of being in the confinements of our house terrified to leave my father realized we needed to get food. We have only been outside of our house twice one of the times when we moved. My father left to go to the trees for food at night. A horrible mistake. All we know is that after about 3 minutes of him being gone we heard his scream and never saw him again. We knew immediately there was no hope, there was no longer anyone in our family besides my mother and I, we knew that the Majinone had taken my father and my mother’s love.
It was getting late, we were extremely hungry my mother had just finished making the ship, we had decided there was no hope for us on Moonkton. There was just enough oxygen and food for us to last 12 days in the ship going to the new planet. The ship was about 6 feet long, there were two seats separated by a thick wall with a small window separating the sides. On each side there was a seat for each of us. There was no need for a pilot it was configured to take us to earth. The ship was white and smooth, no wheels, no fins, no rockets. It looked similar to a bullet but the end was round and smooth. I don’t understand how my mom made it but she did. 12 days is enough time for us to get to the planet we discovered known as Earth. It is inhabited by a species unknown to us, but seemed to have air we can breathe. This is our only chance we have no idea, we are all starting to go insane being stuck inside for so long, hungry and lonely. I could see my mom going insane, her eyes constantly empty. She no longer had hope, if I wasn’t with here I’m sure she would have committed suicide. We were planning on leaving tomorrow. For now we are going to sleep for the last time on Moonkton.
Something woke me up, it was some sort of crash. Where did it come from though? As paranoid as I was I went to the worst possible conclusion, the Majinone were here. I got up worried I was right. As quietly as possible I walked around the house, slowly barely touching the ground scared for my life paranoid and thinking at any moment the Majinone were going to pop out and murder me. There was nothing anywhere until I got to my mother’s Sleeping ground. As I went into my mother’s sleeping ground I saw it was just vermin, I quickly shooed them out of our house and went back to sleep.
It was early, my mother was shaking me to get up. “Come, come! It’s time, we must leave now.” As soon as I heard that I was up and getting everything ready, we were unable to bring much but what we could we did. “OK, we must leave now.” My mother’s eyes were full of pain. Between my father dying and not only that but hearing his painful screams and knowing we could do nothing but also my little brother. He was still a youngling just barely able to climb the shortest trees. I was worried about my mom, and how she would react to the planet we were going to.
As we strapped ourselves into the ship I heard my mother mumble something I did not understand then it hummed on. Just like that we were off. The rush of the ship was amazing the pressure of leaving the atmosphere was nothing I have ever felt, as if someone is holding you down and someone is pushing you up at the same time. As soon as we left the atmosphere into space it all stopped the shipped slowed down, and I felt at peace. As if all my worries were behind me. I looked through the window and saw my mother crying. I couldn’t tell if she was happy or if she was just finally letting her feelings loose.
Over the course of the next few days I slept, meditated, and talked with my mother. The whole time I felt as though my mother was distant, as if she isn’t telling me something. After almost 2 weeks of being on the ship we were in the atmosphere of earth. Soon we would be on our new home. I wonder what it would be like, a new environment, a new species. Of course we would need to blend in.
As we entered the atmosphere Alarms started blazing. Something was wrong. I immediately started to panic. Are we going to die? As I looked through the window at my mother she was smiling. Just sitting there. As if nothing was going on, as if nothing was wrong. This for some reason calmed me down. I don’t know if it was because she thought we were fine or not. Quickly we came into view of the surface. We weren’t slowing down. Faster, faster, we weren’t slowing down still. I looked over at my mother. She was still smiling in peace. We were almost at the ground. We’re going to crash! “Goodbye” those were the last words of my mother. I never figure out why she killed herself. In my seat where cushions triggered by the crash. In my mother’s there was nothing.
Groggily I stepped out of the ship. A little beat up but I would be fine. Nearby the crash a large yellow vehicle full of humans crashed into a tree. There was a deep crater stopping a little before the bus. The bus in its front was smoking from the crash. Smaller humans stepped out of the vehicle accompanied by a few larger humans. One of the braver or more stupid boys advances towards the ship, curious what could have caused this. Closer. Closer. He stops. “Hey! Don’t go down there! Who knows what could have caused that crater!” A larger human exclaims to the boy. The boy decides to not heed the instructions and waves his hand back most likely signaling that he does not care.
As he approached the ship he had a questioning look on his face. I could see him clearly. He had a dirty blond hair. More brown than blonde. He had blue glistening eyes. He looked happy. He looked strong. He was wearing a blue short sleeve shirt with no design, with jeans.
As he circled the ship something amazing happened. Something I myself had never seen until then. As he bent over to look into the ship on my deceased mother’s side it started glowing. Faintly at first then brighter. Quickly he jumped back startled, then curiosity got the best of him. He slowly inched towards the light. Then the light burst as if something had just let it loose. The light swirled him faster, faster, faster! Until it picked him up. From this direction it looked like a giant colorful bubble floating off. After a few minutes it came back down.
As he came down kids came rushing like a waterfall down to see him. Using my abilities I took an average of each of the male kids and made myself look like one. I could tell the boy felt dizzy. The other kids looked concerned for him. I sneaked past the kids and reached into the ship. I grabbed a small tool. It looks almost like a spoon but has a single button and is comes to a finer point. By pointing it at an individual it will erase their memory up to a week and a minimum of 20 minutes. I decide this is the perfect chance. I quickly point the memory eraser at each person except for the boy. All the people are fazed for the next 10 minutes I quickly take them back onto the bus. As soon as I do that the bus driver wakes up from the crash. Quickly I take the boy and I and find seats.
A few seconds after we sat down everyone was questioning where they were. Of course, they were in different seats than they used to be. The bus driver just shrugged them off and started the bus. With everyone confused no one noticed the crater or me.

Thanks for reading I would love some feedback!
ammaron
Level 14 : Journeyman Network