Something I have been working on for months3d_rotation

Lordslash2007's Avatar Lordslash20079/5/21 9:52 pm history
9/11/2021 3:38 pm
Papa Enny's Avatar Papa Enny
I made a 3D model of a round brilliant 1-carat diamond round brilliant 1-carat emerald round brilliant 1-carat ruby and a round brilliant 1-carat sapphire inside of a 3D modelling program called Blender. This took me months on end to make because it is not meant to look good it's meant to look as realistic as possible. I will also be making another version where instead of trying to make the gems directly I will make all of the elements that each gem is made of and combine the elements to see if they are even more realistic. No external textures were used in the making of this. I would like your honest opinion about if they look realistic or not, please.

Round Brilliant 1 Carat Gems
Lordslash2007
Level 24 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/11/2021 3:38 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
SEmi realistic tbh

But great work, I love the shine and transparency
09/05/2021 10:10 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Pionier
i agree with the first comment on here, these look absolutely great! but as for realistic, they look kinda off,,
i think it's because of how perfect they look?? idk, considering a cut gemstone in the real world is probably "perfect" anyway. or it might be because they're so glossy/reflective? more specifically, the white overlay-kinda thing over them all, not sure how else to describe this so i hope that makes sense lmao
but this is genuinely really impressive, regardless!
09/05/2021 10:43 pmhistory
Lordslash2007
Thank you this means so much to me. :) Hopefully version 2 will look more realistic. Although I don't understand if your talking about the background or the white reflections on the gems. Can you be more specific please?
09/05/2021 10:05 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Baconator
cookedporkbacon
Never seen a 1 Carat Round Brilliant Diamond before, so I honestly can't say.

It looks pretty legit though.
09/05/2021 10:47 pmhistory
Lordslash2007
Thank you for your opinion :) If you want a comparison you should go on this website called Gemsociety.org its where I gained all my knowledge of gems and took the colors from.
09/05/2021 10:00 pmhistory
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
Woah, that's detailed.

Something looks a bit off, it's probably the rendering and not the model. (Not that I spend my time knowing what a diamond looks like)

Great job.
09/05/2021 10:45 pmhistory
Lordslash2007
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion :) I also have noticed something is a bit off. It may be my render engine. The render engine I'm using is called cycles and the reason why it's different from the built-in render engine is because it does physically based rendering. But everything (Or most things) is approximated so the gems will never look exactly like gems you would see in real life.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome