What is a map that you made that didn't get the attention it deserved?

ClashAssassin's Avatar ClashAssassin11/17/19 10:16 pm
2 emeralds 164 4
11/18/2019 9:06 pm
CHorse's Avatar CHorse
I've been there. I'm sure a lot of us have. Have you ever spent countless 100+ hours on a minecraft map or build? Then finally when you upload it, you come back to see the reviews only to find that you may have gotten a diamond. You're thinking "How can this get no attention and then builds that take 1 hour to make end up in the lastest hot section?"

If this has (or hasn't IDRC) happened to you, feel free to share any map that you've made that you think hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. Whether it's an adventure map, a huge city, or art, share it. Your hard work will be known.

Personally, I've had maps that I've worked on for 100+ hours only to receive 2 diamonds. It was heartbreaking. Hopefully this won't happen to you. Let the world know about your amazing minecraft creations that you spent countless time on!
ClashAssassin
Level 43 : Master Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/18/2019 5:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
I'm not complaining cause this map got a lot of attention and only took me a week to make.
Here.
11/17/2019 10:32 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
So I was working on this one map which had like a new never seen before mechanic (usually) in every single darn level, a lot of satire and jokes and a heck of a complicated story with some custom music that was a 5/10 but I made it so xD and it took me
4 DANG FLIPPIN YEARSSSS TO MAKE THIS FRICKIN MAP
And you know what? It's gotten some attention but 4 years for this: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/sheep-factory-ensuing-insanity/
3 REBUILDS!?
I literally crapped out a story in half a day with more diamonds and views than that.

and so I ranted to the map making community about it.

They said that I was just being dumb. Some even refused to play my map because it was a puzzle adventure map with heavy satire :L and overall it was pretty dern toxic towards me :L

And that is why I quit map making.
11/18/2019 4:17 pm
Level 43 : Master Button Pusher
ClashAssassin
o o f that sucks. Yea it looked like you put a lot of time into that map. How could people not play just because it contains a few jokes?
11/18/2019 9:06 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
There's one pathway you can take that basically satirizes the way people perceive prisoners. They didn't like it xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome