WIP Medieval/Nordic Port (NEED FEEDBACK AND NAME)

j4mison's Avatar j4mison5/16/14 3:46 pm
1 emeralds 858 2
5/16/2014 5:40 pm
j4mison's Avatar j4mison
I NEED A NAME FOR THIS

Hey guys! So after being away from minecraft for awhile, I started back on it. I saw some building of Jamziboy's or something and got some mighty inspiration, and decided to get back into it.

So basically, I've always wanted to build a port town, but never had the guts to try. Anyway, I'm trying now. And I'll be posting screenshots periodically to show you what it looks like!

Please leave me some feedback on buildings to make, what I can change, and whatever else you wanna say.

Buildings to make!
  • - Blacksmith
  • - Town Hall
  • - Barracks
  • - Stables
  • - Warehouse/Storage
  • - Shipyard
  • - Lumber Mill
  • - Housing
  • - Sewers
  • - Thieves Guild

Click to reveal

The layout so far. The town will continue to the north, where it is ice. The right side will be the richer, more shops/official buildings, while the left will be more residential and poor.

The port walls continue all the way around, continuing until it meets the mountains on the left.

Exterior of the Market. I tried to defer from the usual market square, with it's uniform stalls and stuff. Instead, made a more crammed and realistic, in my opinion, market.

The Market interior. This is almost like a black market, and I think I might move it into the poor part of town and use it as such.

One more shot of the inside of the market because I love it so much.

The first of the houses. This is the style that I'm going to be using for most of the houses, but they'll all be unique.

The first storage/warehouse. This is right next to the docks, as you'll see below. Same style as the house, but bigger and filled with storage.

Side view of the warehouse. The crane gets goods off of the ship that hasn't been made, and lifts them into the side. You can see the little drawbridge for people to dock on the left.

My favorite screenshot yet. This is the guard tower, overlooking the sea where the boats will come to dock. Planning on making another one similar to this on the left side of the sea.

Another view of the guards tower. It has these 4 platform things that the archers could shoot off of.

That's all for now! I'll be posting more as I make them!

I'm using Jamziboy's/MonsterFish's Conquest Resource pack, which can be found here.
Also, Jamziboy's channel is here, since he's given me so much inspiration.

Thanks for checking it out! Please leave some feedback!
j4mison
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter