Am I too old for Minecraft?

18 emeralds 85 replies 1,182 views | started 08/09/2017 2:34 pm by Snowy_Parker
Hello everyone.

I am 16 years old and I recently got back into playing minecraft. I hadn't played it for a good year and a half because I simply got bored of it but I am now back and I feel ready to play a bunch again. You see, I first started playing minecraft back in the fall of 2010 when I was only in 4th grade. I've seen this game grow and evolve over the years and I can't tell you how much fun i've had. But only recently, when I started playing again. I felt... Left out, or not in my place. I feel that because i'm 16 and all my other friends have moved on the other games. I feel like I shouldn't be playing. Right now is a time in my life when I have started to think about my early adult plans in a couple of years and I can't help but wonder if I should be playing at this age. Now I know what you guys may be thinking, "Oh! You can play at age 50 for all I care, It doesn't matter! Aslong as your enjoying yourself!". And to an extent this is true, but I can't find people my age to play with anymore. Everytime I play a game and someone asks if they wanna discord. They always turn out to be way below my age and I feel like i'm an oddball in everyplace I go. I never thought back in the day, everyone was my age too. I figured there were a diverse range of ages playing the game. Basically what I'm trying to say is. Am I welcome?? In this community that I have come to love for 43.75% of my entire life!? (Yes I did the math). I really don't want to feel this way. Is there anyone out there my age or older that feels the same way? I have a pretty good YouTube channel going that I have had for 2 years now and I've uploaded 100+ videos and my subscribers enjoy what I do post but I don't DARE upload a minecraft video because to them it's "Childish". So again, if there is anyone else out there that feels the same way I would love to know. THANKS!
Posted by avatar
Snowy_Parker
Level 1 : New Miner

85 replies

09/08/2017 8:15 am
Level 1 New Network
ItAHo
Surely this can be solved reasonably.

Hey there Snowy_Parker! I'm 15 and had your problem once before. If public opinion about you is all you care about, then go ahead and drop minecraft in favor of a game such as PLAYERUNKOWN BATTLEGROUNDS. However, if like me, you couldn't care less, then go ahead, do what makes you happy. I mean, the game is rated E for everyone for a reason right? Like, a game like that appeals to the greatest common denominator and would have a larger impact on a larger audience. Yes, minecraft is filled with at the very least 65-75% kids, And on console, this number is almost certainly 90%. You said you wanted to think about your future, which I respect, however, don't let your plans get in the way of what makes you happy, because that's what life is in the end right?

I wish you luck on your journey!

-Ita
09/08/2017 7:58 am
Level 1 New Miner
awwwa
ooh, I am 47, minecraft is played by any aged people, my 4 years old son plays too
:)
09/03/2017 9:14 am
Level 6 Apprentice Engineer
Weirdfisher
Dude , I'm 13 and I freaking play on a server with 9 year olds . It's good , bad and great at the same time. Just because you are 16 ain't gonna mean that everybody's gonna laugh at you playing 'Minecraft' It's RATED E for everyone! It doesn't matter if you are 16 and the other people are below in age. The server I play is filled with 9 year olds and most of them are my friends. Tbh , Minecraft is filled with like 60% of it with kids , so you gotta get along with them. And yes 'Minecraft' in my opinion cannot be consider childish. Why ? Just because little kiddies play it? Remember the time when Minecraft was in Beta and Alpha? There were so many grown men and 15-18 and 20+ year old men playing! But yes... as life goes on... we change our opinions about things. Today I am playing Minecraft and a 50 years later.... I would have forgotten it.
So in conclusion , my pal . don't quit the game because you feel different. If there are kids , try to be friendly. Keep a friendly attitude with them. They wouldn't be afraid of you. They wouldn't want to be away from you.And yes, don't be afraid of posting Minecraft video's on your Youtube Channel. Minecraft is one of the most popular Youtube Topics! There are many Youtubers who are 20+ and still play the game and have many subscribers! I'm pretty sure if you work hard too , you would even reach a lot subs.

And keep on playing Minecraft!!
Don't break your childhood memories!!

P.S: I know about those cringy annoying kids. I have faced many of them in my life too. Especially on Minecraft Servers. I suggest to avoid them.
09/02/2017 8:50 pm
Level 1 New Network
NeverForPeace
I'm 18 and run a server now :)
08/31/2017 8:01 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Med_usa3333
You never get old for cave game

proof SkyDoesMionecraft and JackSepticeye play still
08/31/2017 7:54 pm
Level 3 Apprentice Warrior
Smooth_Diamond
My mom plays Minecraft all the time for her own enjoyment.
She's a lot older than you. In my opinion, you can never be too old for Minecraft. It's a game for all ages.
08/26/2017 8:44 pm
Level 33 Artisan Botanist
Remmicious
You're 16 you're not all big and mighty
08/24/2017 1:12 pm
Level 11 Journeyman Pokemon
SamTheMelon
Plus UpLoad Dont care about them There Not Friends Then :3

~ςαm~

08/24/2017 1:11 pm
Level 11 Journeyman Pokemon
SamTheMelon
Dude Dont Care What Others think its just about u And how You Feel if u Like Minecraft Play it U might become famouse for Playing it All the other kids will be left out this is a game where u express ur feelings so Dont Be afraid to Do da things u Love

Hope this helped

~ςαm~

08/24/2017 12:16 pm
Level 16 Journeyman Prince
Daesung
I'm 16, I still play minecraft and im always on pmc...

Minecrafts for all ages, Nothing can really change that

My 18 y/o sister plays minecraft daily and wONT sTOP trYING TO geT M e tO PLay WITH HER

so its normal
08/24/2017 12:02 am
Level 1 New Miner
Jav0330
Well, I'm over 50 years old so.. If you are too old.. OMG!

We love the games we love. If it makes us happy, that is the point right?

-J
08/23/2017 11:57 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
MarineToast88
Never to old for good ol Cave Game

08/23/2017 11:50 pm
Level 47 Master Answer
black_hat
Never. I'm 21 and I play this all the time after work. Do what you enjoy doing and to hell with the haters.
08/23/2017 10:50 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Grump
Azie
There are plenty of people way older than that that are still playing.

I remember when I was in middle school and my dad told me I'd grow out of Pokemon when I got older. I'm 22 now and I still play because I still enjoy it.
08/23/2017 10:42 pm
Level 9 Apprentice Miner
FangABXY
I forgot you think ours too old then give up. If you don't think so, nobody in their right mind will care. You just choose what you wanna choose.
08/23/2017 6:29 am
Level 4 Apprentice Engineer
Wazy_Hemisphere
Surely you do realize that Minecraft is a game for all ages...
08/23/2017 6:09 am
Level 38 Artisan Dragonborn
Palladium Knight
I'm turning 18 in 2 days and I still play minecraft, the best example of mature people playing this game is youtubers and modders, like the hermitcraft community, they're all adults.

But the big difference between when I was 15 and nowadays is that I don't play on pvp and minigames servers, I only play technical survival (redstone/farming) on both single player and multiplayer, I'm also working on my own mod, so you can say I moved to a more mature way of playing.
(here's the link to my blog post about my upcoming mod: Minecraft 2.0, it's also a contest blog so support ^_^ )

btw pm me if you want to join my friend's survival server
08/23/2017 6:07 am
Level 3 Apprentice Crafter
CLARBS1973
we dont stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing
08/23/2017 6:03 am
CLARBS1973
im 43 and still play minecraft i also know a guy that is 67 and still plays so you have plenty of time yet before your too old
08/23/2017 5:48 am
Level 1 New Network
xKareshi
I contemplate answering this or not, essentially a self explaining question.
08/20/2017 9:27 pm
Level 48 Master Mage
Spectre
Of course not. Sure, Minecraft is perfectly kid friendly but if you think about, there's a lot of non-kid friendly games that have an abundance of them.

So there's no need to feel awkward about playing it. It's nostalgia, anyways.
08/20/2017 1:36 pm
Level 1 New Explorer
kittykina
Honestly, I don't think anybody is too old for Minecraft. If people like DanTDM play this game and enjoy it (he's like in his early 20s) then anybody can play it and enjoy.
08/20/2017 1:35 pm
Keuterio
I am nearly 27 and I still enjoy playing minecraft. I am even on my way to open a server. I share games with people of every ages but I also have irl friends to play with.
08/20/2017 1:27 pm
Level 1 New Miner
fishkake
Oh God. Thanks for sharing your ages everyone. It really helped me to find out that I AM LITERALLY DOUBLE THE AGE of most people on here...

The first computer games I played looked like this.
Paperboy

And I still play Minecraft. When I get too old, I'll let you know.
08/23/2017 11:08 pm
Level 1 New Miner
trylesta
I LOVED PAPERBOY. That probably dated me, but whatever. I'm closer to 40 than 30 myself but I still play.

Not Paperboy. Minecraft. I haven't played Paperboy since the 90s.
08/16/2017 2:23 pm
Level 4 Apprentice Network
GameBoy1510
I'm kind of in the same boat as you Snowy_Parker, I came back to the community 6 months ago after taking a 2.5-3 year break. I'm now 17 and many of the server communities just don't suit me. My answer was to create my own server community, one which would hopefully attract some older players, which it actually has. Ultimately I have found there's a lot of players out there my age, you just have to find them, hope this helped
08/16/2017 2:20 pm
Level 29 Expert Toast
Faith
i know some 18 yr olds who play this game, dw fam (and rly, it depends? idk how to explain ;//)
08/16/2017 2:12 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
SmileyPlayz_
I'm personally 14 but I have a bunch of friends around 16-19. Depends who you play with, some people don't really care if you're old. It is the top 3 most toxic game in the gaming world. So childish also goes to an extent. Trust me, other people around your age group plays, just find your own group of people and evverything is all fun and games
08/16/2017 1:03 pm
Level 1 New Network
esense
I personally don't think there is an age "restriction" on Minecraft. I mean, I've met people who are 15-16 who play Roblox, and that's for sure a more childish game than Minecraft. Also, what is childish about Minecraft? What about it, makes it childish? No one has ever really brought up a valid reason as to why this game is meant for children. I mean, 95% of people will look at the graphics of a video game and say it's childish just because it doesn't look good. It's like looking at Mario and saying it childish, but that's not the case. If Minecraft had realistic graphics (which you can make it look realistic with shaders and a resource pack) then people wouldn't say it's childish, and I can almost guarantee that. You could also say the same about Roblox, however Roblox really was specifically designed for younger audiences so it truly is a childish game. However the map maker on it is kind of neat.
08/16/2017 5:09 am
Level 1 New Miner
TitanicLord
Think noodles I agree
08/16/2017 4:47 am
Level 3 Apprentice Modder
noodlegamer76
1. Its ok to play minecraft old, i mean look at skydoesminecraft, he retired at like 30 and most popular minecraft people are adults, DanTDM got popular from minecraft

2. anyone who puts those hate comments like "minecraft is childish" sucks, just ignore them.

3. Just saying, but roblox is a good way to get views, but its kinda childish, so if you did want to do that do a video and see how people liked it

4. I know you didnt post your thing for these last two, but you can use google trends to compare what games are more popular
08/15/2017 9:41 pm
Level 17 Journeyman Unicorn
PusheenFluffyPuff
Its perfectly fine! I've been playing mine craft since 2009 (well I started with MCPE). My sister started in 2009 as well, she's older than you and still enjoys it. What about the creators of hypixel and all the other bigger servers? To be one of them you have to be 16+. And they spent years making it even though they were mostly older than 16. I think it is completely fine if you play. :) enjoy playing. Don't feel out of place, when you were younger and you played there were people your age. :D
08/15/2017 8:24 pm
Level 3 Apprentice Warrior
Noah
I have friends that are in their 20's and they're not "too old" for it. Just because the main audiance of something is little kids doesn't mean you can grow out of it.

Call of duty's main audiance seems like it's all little kids but people don't grow out of that ;D

Plus you're 16. You're still a kid. You're not too old at all! Enjoy your minecraft experience!
08/15/2017 7:08 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Gyaruta
I'm 15 and I still play it, a lot of my friends also play it. Minecraft is very popular, so your never too old to play it!
08/15/2017 6:49 pm
Level 1 New Miner
SpacefaringSlav
If you love it, you're not too old. Many popular YouTubers who play Minecraft are young adults, between 20 and 40.
08/15/2017 6:38 pm
Level 75 Legendary Creator
papertazer
Never too old to do what you love. If you want to play minecraft at 16, go for it. I'm 20 and if I had more time in my day I would be playing it. I don't even have the time to update any of my mods anymore.. but someday.
08/15/2017 4:47 pm
Level 16 Journeyman Artist
raisa
No? Of course not.

I mean, if your over like 45 and your playing, THEN I'd say that'd be too old. Unless your playing for your children or something...
08/15/2017 4:38 pm
Level 4 Apprentice Crafter
Strawberry-Moo-Milk
never too old
08/15/2017 4:36 pm
Level 1 New Crafter
Slushicat X
I'm 15, all my friends don't play anymore and those who do simply don't speak to me. In my old group of friends who played Minecraft every day one was in college and he still plays when he has time, which isn't much but yeah. One of them was also 24, I'm pretty sure he's still being a pvp god like he used to. I think it's usually the younger players who always want to discord or skype or whatever, and the older the player is the less they may want to because they feel more like you said you do.
I used to talk in the chat all the time, then I stopped playing Minecraft for about 7 months, then I came back and I never talk to people because I think I don't fit in anymore either, lol, but really you do. There's plenty of people who're 15, 16, 17 who play Minecraft, they just don't announce it (obviously) or ask randomly to talk to people on discord or whatever I guess is what I'm saying.
08/14/2017 8:17 pm
Level 10 Journeyman Network
BlockyRudolph
I'm 16 years old too
08/14/2017 8:12 pm
Level 1 New Miner
FryD420
im nearly 30 and still play everyday almost ive been playing since alpha
08/14/2017 8:09 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Engineer
FL4W
dont discord with them boom problem solved. you'll find older ppl in straight smp servers.
08/11/2017 6:43 pm
Level 22 Expert Architect
Arona
Nah, man, I'm 23. Do what you enjoy! To hell with anyone who bashes you for that.
08/11/2017 5:56 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Misakii
Age doesnt really matters tbh if you want to play games, age doesnt matters for minecraft just enjoy the game and have fun,
08/11/2017 5:53 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Dragonborn
TSSIIRooTizx
I'm 21 and I still play!
08/11/2017 1:11 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Turtle22222
Have you ever seen a (Successful) minecraft youtuber younger than 20, adults/teens should play whatever the heck they feel like playing. Don't let the world drag you down you play minecraft whatever age you are
08/11/2017 7:38 am
Level 27 Expert Dolphin
Peridot XJ9
Coming from a 17 year-old myself, just like Pokémon, you're never too old for Minecraft as long as you act your age on there.

Oddly enough, more kids play games aimed at the older demographic (For example, like Call of Duty, CSGO, or Halo), and more adults play kid games that are tied to nostalgia. So basically, you can enjoy what you want, because those people who say they like playing shooters or whatever because it more adult and "manly" are more childish than you think they are.
08/15/2017 9:42 pm
Level 17 Journeyman Unicorn
PusheenFluffyPuff
Oh hey Periderp! I just commented too! :D
08/15/2017 6:49 pm
Level 12 Journeyman Narwhal
Mitzeh
guess i'm weird then

i hang around kid games and I'm a kid.... rip my life
08/11/2017 5:36 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Snowy_Parker
You're exactly right! I have found more kids play CSGO than Splatoon!

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome