forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record Gaming

Is Aternos Free Hosting Safe ?

1 emerald4 replies19,490 views
created 10/28/2014 4:27 pm by TheLeoFk_
last reply 10/28/2014 5:18 pm
Hello Guys,
Well, yesterday i was helping some random people in the Server chat area, so, a guy sent me a link like "jack.aternos.com" saying this was his server and he wants to see if it worked. I joined and he said that aternos is a free server hosting and explained me a little about it.

Well, i was curious and joined the website to see. I read that they earn the money to keep the server alive using ads, well, i tought it was a kinda strange. Because ads don't give too much money, and run a server is a kinda expensive those days.

Then, i googled a little about it, don't saw any problem. So i created an account there. (Don't used my MC account email and the password is completely different) and i did a little testing server. it was whitelisted with only one slot. and i using my MC account logged in without problems (my IGN wasn't on the whitelist). So i'm a kinda worried now (I lost an account once, and it's horrible).

Is it safe ?
-Leo
Posted by avatar
TheLeoFk_
Level 1 : New Explorer

4 replies

10/28/2014 5:18 pm
Level 45 : Master Button Pusher
LeeTheENTP
Aternos is a small Germany-based server hosting project that basically lets you have a small server for free for a little while.

Its best use is for hosting minigames for you and your friends to play; hosting an actual server through Aternos is simply impractical.
10/28/2014 5:15 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Puretic
Aternos is pretty good but it fits a LAN more than it fits running an actual server...
10/28/2014 5:07 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Chris9awesome
It is safe, but it is terrible.
10/28/2014 5:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
SirBlobman
Did you happen to OP yourself? i noticed that on my servers OP bypasses the white list.
(and i dont use any kind of hosting)

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome