forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record Gaming

broken dll causing bsod

1 emerald15 replies885 views
created 09/21/2016 10:29 am by Karrthus
last reply 09/25/2016 11:17 am
anyone know where i can pick up a hal.dll without re-installing my entire pc, it keeps bluescreening my pc, it don't happen much but its gotten a little more often than it used to

(WHEA_Uncontrollable_Error_) happens loads when playing games n stuff,
Posted by avatar
Karrthus
Forum Moderator
Level 54 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat

comment Login or register to post a reply.

15 replies

09/25/2016 11:17 am
Karrthus
well a full install fixed us up, yeah i lost all my files, but only two of them were important,so thats ok
09/23/2016 1:52 pm
Karrthus
lets add to the excitement, apparently the windows 7 installation doesnt support usb 3 usb ports, i look at my computer and all of them are usb 3 (i have no mouse or keyboard working when i get to the installation screen)

im just gonna try a repair drive and see if that works
09/23/2016 12:15 pm
Karrthus
Not really missing oit on anything using windows 7 tbh,
09/23/2016 10:43 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
if you have another pc, and a usb stick with at least 4GB and an external hard drive (if you have stuff you need to back up), make a bootable windows USB, turn the pc off using the switch on the PSU (if it doesn't have one, then just unplug it)

Connect the usb stick
Press whatever button you need to in order to select boot mode, for me it's f10
Select the USB stick
Let it boot, then once there, click on "repair this pc"
then you should be able to fix stuff from there
09/23/2016 11:24 am
Karrthus
I have a usb with a full install of windows 7 on with a product key, im tempted to just ditch my windows 10 install and use that
09/23/2016 11:55 am
Level 48 : Master Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
This may be your best option at this point. Then hoping that maybe Win7 forces another Win10 upgrade this far into the release.
09/23/2016 10:19 am
Karrthus
Cabt di anything, wint boot inti normal modewithout bluescreen, wont boot into any of the safemodes without bluescreen

Attempted a full reset, bluescreened half way through, now the pc no longer boots at all, my c: drive now seems to contain a corrupted OS that i cant do anythibg with, i can access my bios, pc wont turn off, if i press power off the pc turns off then turns back on, as soon as i connect pc to power it turns on and gets past the bios screen then turns off, then turns back on and repeats

I now have no idea what to do and cannot afford to get professional help
09/23/2016 9:32 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Have you tried

sfc /scannow
09/23/2016 8:36 am
Karrthus
Well this is fun. I go to reset my pc and it goes through all the resetting blah blah, then it gets to installing windows, gets to 35% and then bliescreens with the same error before reverting changes
i opt to keep my files when it asks as i cannot get onto my pc to backup my files because if this bluescreen
09/21/2016 12:40 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
LeeTheENTP
hal.dll provides a layer of abstraction between Windows and your computer's hardware. It's critical that you have it. The best way to get it back/fixed is to reinstall/refresh Windows.

If you're running 8.1 or up, you can do a system refresh. It'll reinstall the operating system files and remove your programs, but your files will remain untouched.

[yt]9IswuE0JBVE[/yt]

[yt]MwRknZXnDdc[/yt]
09/21/2016 12:55 pm
Karrthus
i was hoping it wouldn't come to this, i guess its time to note down all my programs
09/21/2016 12:32 pm
Karrthus
i have all my BSOD Logs since my first one on this machine (which was 20/04/2016) avalible on a program called bluescreenview

and every single one has been caused by the driver caleld hal.dll

09/21/2016 10:58 am
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Have you first given your PC a run with a disk integrity checking function?
09/21/2016 11:12 am
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
LeeTheENTP
^ Do this first.

Open an elevated Command Prompt and run
chkdsk C: /f
It'll say that the volume is in use and will ask if you'd like Windows to run CHKDSK on the next startup. Enter "Y" and reboot.
09/21/2016 12:23 pm
Karrthus
I cannot do that, when the diskcheck gets to 88% the pc bluescreens and restarts then asks me if i want to diskcheck again

Since i have done this i can no longer boot my pc not in safemode as we get the bluescreen WHEA_UNCONTTOLLABLE_ERROR

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome