Building new Computer need it asap

danned11's Avatar danned118/21/14 11:13 am
8/21/2014 5:17 pm
akvarista11's Avatar akvarista11
Hey hoping someone could help me on this,

I'm looking for someone to make me a computer.

Heres what i need:

For you to use http://uk.pcpartpicker.com
For the price to be under 310 GBP
A monitor to be included in the price
I already have windows 8 so no need for that

Thanks please could it be done asap.
danned11
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/21/2014 5:17 pm
Level 43 : Master Modder
akvarista11
53MP3RF1
akvarista11

1st You forgot that this is isn't MP 64 people it's only 32 people match second the AA is DISABLED this isn't true ULTRA because on the misson with the Skyscrapers in SP I can play them on HIGH but I can play multiplayer on Ultra and unlike other games here the SP is more resource demanding than the MP
2nd The Phenom can be very high overcloked I have a friend of mine running it at 4,4Ghz 24/7

I'm not here to argue with anyone, but whether or not it is ultra, to be able to get 30 fps on what most would call the most graphically intense game in 720p with the integrated graphics on a CPU is still quite a feat. The only point I was trying to make is that the integrated graphics inside of AMD's latest APUs is something to be reckoned with.

Also, clock speed isn't the only factor in CPU performance. Architecture has a huge part to play with it as well, and given the fact that Haswell's lithography of 22nm is half the size of the Phenom's lithography of 45nm, it's safe to say Haswell will perform better. Plus, the only way to buy a Phenom is to spend $370, which by then you could have bought an overclockable i7 and smash the performance of the Phenom even harder. The only point I was trying to make here was that for the money, the Phenom isn't worth getting, when you could get so much more performance and computing power for the same price, or cheaper.

I agree for that and I don't know why the Phenoms are so overpriced it was on dhuge discount in my country 75% so I decided to pick it up with my gtx460 it works really well through
08/21/2014 5:13 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
akvarista11

1st You forgot that this is isn't MP 64 people it's only 32 people match second the AA is DISABLED this isn't true ULTRA because on the misson with the Skyscrapers in SP I can play them on HIGH but I can play multiplayer on Ultra and unlike other games here the SP is more resource demanding than the MP
2nd The Phenom can be very high overcloked I have a friend of mine running it at 4,4Ghz 24/7

I'm not here to argue with anyone, but whether or not it is ultra, to be able to get 30 fps on what most would call the most graphically intense game in 720p with the integrated graphics on a CPU is still quite a feat. The only point I was trying to make is that the integrated graphics inside of AMD's latest APUs is something to be reckoned with.

Also, clock speed isn't the only factor in CPU performance. Architecture has a huge part to play with it as well, and given the fact that Haswell's lithography of 22nm is half the size of the Phenom's lithography of 45nm, it's safe to say Haswell will perform better. Plus, the only way to buy a Phenom is to spend $370, which by then you could have bought an overclockable i7 and smash the performance of the Phenom even harder. The only point I was trying to make here was that for the money, the Phenom isn't worth getting, when you could get so much more performance and computing power for the same price, or cheaper.
08/21/2014 5:02 pm
akvarista11
53MP3RF1
akvarista11

Acctually the A10-Chip Sometimes
performs like AMD r7 240 DDR3 also It uses system RAM so it isn't that good but It could run Battlefield 4 on low at 720p....And also I recommend him to save a little more for a better config He can get something like the Phenom 2 x4 955 Black Edition which I have it's really powerfull processor on par with Intel's i5

The AMD A10-7850k (which is the chip which I was referring to in my post) can get playable frames per second on BF on ULTRA at 720p.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISWl-XdQzo
Also, the performance of an APU is increased the faster your system's RAM is, though it also has to do with the CAS of the RAM. It gets significantly more expensive for RAM with a clock speed past 1866MHz to have CAS 9 (which is pretty good CAS for DDR3 memory), so it's a debate between finding faster but higher CAS RAM and slower, lower CAS RAM. The ideal is to have fast, but low-CAS RAM.

Also, do you have a source on the Phenom 2 being on par with an i5? For ~$160, you could get a more inexpensive 4th-generation i5, or a top-of-the-line i3, like the i3-4360. In these few benchmarks (I assume there are so few because the Phenom and the i3 were released quite a few years apart), you can see the i3 outperforms the Phenom by an astounding amount. However, I do see in these benchmarks that against an Intel CPU that is similarly priced and also released around the same time, the Phenom is comparable, though still a bit worse. However, for today's CPUs, the Phenom is blown out of the water.

08/21/2014 4:32 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
53MP3RF1
danned11uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Danned11/saved/Jv98TW Could anyone adjust this build like lower some specs on the more expensive stuff to keep inside my budget but at the same time keep all the same stuff there

Are you sure you want to go with AMD? Your build has the same end cost as my Intel build, but my Intel build will perform better and last longer than the AMD one you have there, for several reasons.

First, the CPU in the Intel build will perform better than the one in the AMD build for single-threaded activities, which is what most older games and other programs use (Source: here). It also has a discrete graphics card which is better than the one inside the APU. It also has an easy, distinct upgrade path all the way up to a 5th-generation Intel CPU.

Link to the Intel Build I provided (In case it got lost somewhere): http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/kwZKsY

However, in respect for your wishes, there are several things I would change. APU builds, especially A10 builds, make a lot of use out of RAM, as the iGPU in the CPU makes use of the RAM for video RAM as well as the whole computer using it for system RAM. So, it makes a large benefit to have faster clock speed (e.g. 1866MHz, 2400MHz) RAM in your build. There is 8GB of 2400-MHz RAM on sale for £60 here. I don't have much experience with that case, but I do have experience with the Cooler Master n200 mATX case, which I highly recommend. At £31, it's a pretty good deal and can be found here. Also, your ODD didn't write DVDs, and that's a useful feature to have, so I found a different, slightly cheaper one here. Also, as we move into the future, it's becoming more and more useful to have USB 3.0 ports. The Cooler Master n200 has headers on the front, but the motherboard you had chosen does not. Thus, I got a slightly more expensive one. There is no downside to USB 3.0 - it's backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and it has much, much faster transfer speeds if you have a USB 3.0 device plugged in. Here is the motherboard I chose. Also, if I were you, I would spend a little more and upgrade your A10-5800k to an A10-6800k. It will be more worth it.

Here's the build with all the changes I made to it: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wVJHqs

The build you had up before was pretty much as bare-bones as possible, so it's a little hard to bring the price down. Some suggestions I have to bring it down a little bit (only if you have a desktop already, though):
☼ Look at the PSU on your current PC, and see how many watts it is, what it's efficiency is, and whether or not it can come out. If it can and it is 450w-500w, and preferably Bronze 80+ efficient, then go ahead and pull it out of your old PC!
☼ Look at the HDD size and rotational speed (rpm). I recommend using a program like Speccy to identify all of the major components in your PC. If the HDD is a good size (500GB+) and is 7200rpm, then you can see if it can come out of your PC, and if it can, GREAT! You just saved a bit of money! If the HDD says 5400rpm, it should still be alright, but it will be slower than a 7200rpm HDD, so it might be worthwhile into saving up quickly for a new HDD. It might also be useful to post your PC specs found in Speccy here anyways, so we can see if other parts can be recycled.

Pretty good explanation. Also, for less than the original build (10 pounds or so), you can get a Kaveri A10-7850k.
08/21/2014 4:27 pm
53MP3RF1
danned11uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Danned11/saved/Jv98TW Could anyone adjust this build like lower some specs on the more expensive stuff to keep inside my budget but at the same time keep all the same stuff there

Are you sure you want to go with AMD? Your build has the same end cost as my Intel build, but my Intel build will perform better and last longer than the AMD one you have there, for several reasons.

First, the CPU in the Intel build will perform better than the one in the AMD build for single-threaded activities, which is what most older games and other programs use (Source: here). It also has a discrete graphics card which is better than the one inside the APU. It also has an easy, distinct upgrade path all the way up to a 5th-generation Intel CPU.

Link to the Intel Build I provided (In case it got lost somewhere): http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/kwZKsY

However, in respect for your wishes, there are several things I would change. APU builds, especially A10 builds, make a lot of use out of RAM, as the iGPU in the CPU makes use of the RAM for video RAM as well as the whole computer using it for system RAM. So, it makes a large benefit to have faster clock speed (e.g. 1866MHz, 2400MHz) RAM in your build. There is 8GB of 2400-MHz RAM on sale for £60 here. I don't have much experience with that case, but I do have experience with the Cooler Master n200 mATX case, which I highly recommend. At £31, it's a pretty good deal and can be found here. Also, your ODD didn't write DVDs, and that's a useful feature to have, so I found a different, slightly cheaper one here. Also, as we move into the future, it's becoming more and more useful to have USB 3.0 ports. The Cooler Master n200 has headers on the front, but the motherboard you had chosen does not. Thus, I got a slightly more expensive one. There is no downside to USB 3.0 - it's backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and it has much, much faster transfer speeds if you have a USB 3.0 device plugged in. Here is the motherboard I chose. Also, if I were you, I would spend a little more and upgrade your A10-5800k to an A10-6800k. It will be more worth it.

Here's the build with all the changes I made to it: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wVJHqs

The build you had up before was pretty much as bare-bones as possible, so it's a little hard to bring the price down. Some suggestions I have to bring it down a little bit (only if you have a desktop already, though):
☼ Look at the PSU on your current PC, and see how many watts it is, what it's efficiency is, and whether or not it can come out. If it can and it is 450w-500w, and preferably Bronze 80+ efficient, then go ahead and pull it out of your old PC!
☼ Look at the HDD size and rotational speed (rpm). I recommend using a program like Speccy to identify all of the major components in your PC. If the HDD is a good size (500GB+) and is 7200rpm, then you can see if it can come out of your PC, and if it can, GREAT! You just saved a bit of money! If the HDD says 5400rpm, it should still be alright, but it will be slower than a 7200rpm HDD, so it might be worthwhile into saving up quickly for a new HDD. It might also be useful to post your PC specs found in Speccy here anyways, so we can see if other parts can be recycled.
08/21/2014 4:25 pm
WTFshady

The HDD is overpriced.
08/21/2014 4:05 pm
danned11
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Danned11/saved/Jv98TW Could anyone adjust this build like lower some specs on the more expensive stuff to keep inside my budget but at the same time keep all the same stuff there
08/21/2014 2:50 pm
53MP3RF1
akvarista11

performs like AMD r7 240 DDR3 also It uses system RAM so it isn't that good but It could run Battlefield 4 on low at 720p....And also I recommend him to save a little more for a better config He can get something like the Phenom 2 x4 955 Black Edition which I have it's really powerfull processor on par with Intel's i5

The AMD A10-7850k (which is the chip which I was referring to in my post) can get playable frames per second on BF on ULTRA at 720p.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISWl-XdQzo
Also, the performance of an APU is increased the faster your system's RAM is, though it also has to do with the CAS of the RAM. It gets significantly more expensive for RAM with a clock speed past 1866MHz to have CAS 9 (which is pretty good CAS for DDR3 memory), so it's a debate between finding faster but higher CAS RAM and slower, lower CAS RAM. The ideal is to have fast, but low-CAS RAM.

Also, do you have a source on the Phenom 2 being on par with an i5? For ~$160, you could get a more inexpensive 4th-generation i5, or a top-of-the-line i3, like the i3-4360. In these few benchmarks (I assume there are so few because the Phenom and the i3 were released quite a few years apart), you can see the i3 outperforms the Phenom by an astounding amount. However, I do see in these benchmarks that against an Intel CPU that is similarly priced and also released around the same time, the Phenom is comparable, though still a bit worse. However, for today's CPUs, the Phenom is blown out of the water.
08/21/2014 2:33 pm
akvarista11
53MP3RF1
akvarista11Well for the AMD build it dosen't have GPU so It's not really for gaming :/

AMD's APUs are actually CPUs with integrated graphics, but they are very good integrated graphics - the integrated graphics in the A10-7850k are actually on par with the r7 series discrete graphics cards. I'd say it's got some pretty good graphics and will be good for gaming. The FX series of CPUs from AMD have no integrated graphics, and so it's imperative you get a discrete card if you get an FX-series CPU. The A(x) series of APUs all have good integrated graphics.

danned11Ok so can you suggest which one I should get?

Yes. I would suggest getting the Intel build because:

☼ It has a simple, powerful upgrade path.
☼ The CPU will do better in single-threaded usage than the AMD APU.
☼ The discrete graphics card will help keep the computer running smoothly, and it will play most games on medium, high, or ultra settings with 60 fps.
☼ There is a 500w PSU, which means plenty of room for upgrading your CPU and GPU in the future.

08/21/2014 1:46 pm
WTFshady
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£93.59 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard (£35.71 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£31.34 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£35.28 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.22 @ CCL Computers)
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2246M-LED 60Hz 22.0" Monitor (£90.10 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £392.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 18:45 BST+0100

As you can see, it's a modified version of 53's AMD build. This build features 2400MHz 8GB RAM and a smaller, but semi-modular PSU. It also includes a different, cheaper motherboard and case. Everything else is the same.
08/21/2014 12:36 pm
danned11
Ok so can you suggest which one I should get?
08/21/2014 12:23 pm
akvarista11
Well for the AMD build it dosen't have GPU so It's not really for gaming :/
08/21/2014 12:42 pm
53MP3RF1
AMD's APUs are actually CPUs with integrated graphics, but they are very good integrated graphics - the integrated graphics in the A10-7850k are actually on par with the r7 series discrete graphics cards. I'd say it's got some pretty good graphics and will be good for gaming. The FX series of CPUs from AMD have no integrated graphics, and so it's imperative you get a discrete card if you get an FX-series CPU. The A(x) series of APUs all have good integrated graphics.

danned11Ok so can you suggest which one I should get?

Yes. I would suggest getting the Intel build because:

☼ It has a simple, powerful upgrade path.
☼ The CPU will do better in single-threaded usage than the AMD APU.
☼ The discrete graphics card will help keep the computer running smoothly, and it will play most games on medium, high, or ultra settings with 60 fps.
☼ There is a 500w PSU, which means plenty of room for upgrading your CPU and GPU in the future.
08/21/2014 12:39 pm
Level 45 : Master Robot
robot_26
Yeah, that's if you are working on the FX series, the A series are APUs I believe.
08/21/2014 12:13 pm
53MP3RF1
At this low of a budget, it's almost imperative that you need to upgrade quickly. That, in addition to a monitor, makes it very hard to give you a computer that can do that.

This build is about ninety pounds over your budget with monitor, but without monitor, it should come in at your budget at £311.

Intel Build

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor (£38.10 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£62.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: *Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£30.96 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card (£65.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£36.10 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £401.10
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 17:10 BST+0100

Now, you could also go AMD, but it would be much harder to upgrade as the Pentium and H97 Chipset in the build above leaves you an awesome upgrade path to a 5th generation Intel CPU. However, with AMD, they have varying platforms so it's a bit harder to do. So, for an AMD build, I went with a reliable A10 APU, which has integrated graphics far better than the integrated graphics in Intel's CPUs (except for maybe the Iris Graphics, but those aren't available to mainstream consumers really). It came out to £384 total WITH monitor, which is a little more friendly on your budget, but like I said, it will be much harder to upgrade when you want to get better parts to play more games.

AMD Build

CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£93.59 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M Pro4+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard (£55.22 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: *Crucial Ballistix 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£32.00 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£36.10 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £384.51
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 17:14 BST+0100

Anyways, Overclocking is a way of increasing the clock speed (e.g. 2.5GHz or 3.3GHz) to a higher speed, increasing the CPU's performance. OS stands for Operating System, which you said you already had a disk for Windows 8 on, which is good.

My personal opinion, however, is to save up another £90, and buy the Intel build. This allows you to save up more, and when you have enough, upgrade your CPU to one of the Broadwell (5th Gen) CPUs that come out sometime next year. Otherwise, you could also upgrade the graphics card. The PSU is 500w so you shouldn't have to worry about running out of headroom.

Good luck with your build!

EDIT: A good wireless card can be found here.
08/21/2014 11:37 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Answer these please.
What is this computer going to be used for?
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
What is included in the budget?
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
Will you be reusing any parts?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
08/21/2014 11:46 am
danned11
What is this computer going to be used for?
WWIll be used for gaming
What is your budget?
My budget is 310 GBP possibly more
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
England so will be ordering everything online really i think unless i get it for pc world or somin
What is included in the budget?
Everything a normal computer needs a mic and a monitor
Will you be overclocking?
Mind letting me know what overclocking is cos im kinda a noob lol
Will you be reusing any parts?
Not that i know of
What OS do you want?
AGain im kinda a noob so i dont really know
Any specific case preferences?
I found a sick mid tower one on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/AvP-Defender-30 ... tower+case
Any other special features that you want in the build?
1Tb, Wifi would be helpful and Ejector seats? lol jk

Hey maybe could we chat in msg or something so you can explain stuff to me?
08/21/2014 11:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
4445hjhh
btw any chance increasing the budget 10GBP
08/21/2014 11:48 am
danned11
Yeah
08/21/2014 11:35 am
4445hjhh
btw do you want a fan 4 cpu
08/21/2014 11:31 am
4445hjhh
Hi Im Interested in helping how big should the monitor be And do you want headphones mic,keaboard etc...
08/21/2014 11:33 am
danned11
um about 21" im alright for headphones and keyboard mic yeah i think
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome