TheDiam0ndCreeper's Avatar TheDiam0ndCreeper12/2/13 7:12 pm
12/2/2013 7:45 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
*Not Sure Where To Put The Thread*

So here are my computer specs:

Manufacturer:Gateway
Model:NV55C
Processor:Intel Pentium CPU P6100 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
Installed Memory:3.00 GB (2.74 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I was wondering a few things. First, for christmas i asked for ram sticks,(this is a few part question) and first, are there ram sticks for laptop, second which ones should i get, and third would it be better to just get a new computer? I just want better performance in minecraft. on a regullar world i get around 10 to 20 fps. I need ram sticks or new computer for fairly cheap that will get me 60 and above
TheDiam0ndCreeper
Level 17 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2013 7:23 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
As far as I'm aware, you can't get ram sticks for laptops. Either way, ram wouldn't increase your performance. Your GPU and CPU is what would effect your performance, Especially CPU in Minecraft. I'd recommend just getting a new computer altogether. If it doesn't have to be a laptop, try build one. Save a lot of money and build a good build at the same time. Much better than a pre-built one.
12/02/2013 7:27 pm
TheDiam0ndCreeper
do you know a webstie to sort of "plan out" the building of the computer, like find parts and list and stuff. oh bother im being confusing
12/02/2013 7:31 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
i don't know one for planning, but tigerdirect has amazing deals on parts when you are ready to start buying
12/02/2013 7:30 pm
Kaev
Pcpartpicker.com
I couldn't give you a list of what you want to get, as I'm actually not that good at starting from scratch. But give it a go and post it here, I'm sure someone else would help out
12/02/2013 7:25 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
BHIles
You can, if you had a 2 2gig sticks, you COULD take them out and replace them with 2 8gig
12/02/2013 7:29 pm
Kaev
I suppose that makes sense As all the components are inside. It'll just be harder than a desktop, getting inside the machine and everything.
12/02/2013 7:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Most laptops have RAM access panels on the bottom for easy replacement.

The OP's laptop probably only supports 4 GB of RAM though. It might support 8, although probably not judging by the CPU.
12/02/2013 7:22 pm
TheDiam0ndCreeper
If u say i need a new computer, i want a really cheap one, but good so recommend cheap good ones, or could i find one on craigslist?
12/02/2013 7:27 pm
poltercreeper
it would be better to just buy a new CPU and motherboard, it way cheaper and you can get far better than store bought computers have
12/02/2013 7:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
BHIles
Build one yourself you will get much better performance for the price.
12/02/2013 7:20 pm
poltercreeper
true, on this computer, your parts are good enough for everyday vanilla mc, and maybe can handle a few mods, but if you are considering majorly modding your minecraft, it might be time for an upgrade, also, its not ram you need, what you most likely need is a better CPU
12/02/2013 7:18 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
The amount of RAM you have is more than adequate for playing most games. Minecraft runs fantastically on 1 GB, so you have 2 GB available to the system and the GPU (assuming it's integrated graphics).

More RAM won't improve your performance. Getting a better laptop will. That processor is getting old, and the GPU doesn't sound like it's up to snuff. Look for one with a 3rd or 4th generation i5 or i7 processor, as those will have pretty decent integrated graphics chips. If you want really good performance, get a laptop with a dedicated graphics chip. Those will either have AMD or NVIDIA GPUs.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome