Does OBS ruin final video quality?

Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis4/4/16 11:30 am
4/8/2016 12:58 pm
Latiodile's Avatar Latiodile
right now im screwing around making videos to show my friends things and sticking it on the youtubes

im using obs but obs sems to be screwing up

all the videos i have recorded have come back with have go wierd pixelly stoof in them at certain times/all the time, im still a noob when it comes to this so i dunno, if its me, obs or whatever

example
Click to reveal

this video i shot is fien to start with, but as it gets in 10-15 seconds the image starts screwing uop
youtube detects that the video is shaky and offers to fix it

Im currently thinking it is OBS mainly due tot he fact that the two oldest videos on my channel which i shot using fraps on my old pc (the really low spec poopy pc) came out fine with no issues (apart from general framerate but that was my pc)

as seen here

Click to reveal
Karrfis
Site Moderator
Level 34 : Artisan Mlem Mlem Bat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/08/2016 12:58 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Switch back to the normal OBS. studio is still in alpha and gets buggy
04/08/2016 10:35 am
Karrfis
im coming back here to now say that obs studio refuses to record any sound at all.

all the video footage is 100% fine but thee is absolutly no sound being recorded, Found this out after recording 3 hours of dayz with one of my friends >.>

i left it all on default settings but im guessing its set to not record sound, But i look in sound and it seems ok, i dunno i'll include a screenshot of my audio settings

audio

Mixer

edit
-
-

VLC Media player gets the audio, bit windows media player and windows 10's "film and tv player" doesnt pick it up either

The audio VCL picks up works, but it has a crazy load of background fuzz
04/04/2016 7:08 pm
Karrfis
im thinking we got it sorted, the NVENC codec plus the bit rate plus hd youtube seems to have nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LjB_pmqHuk
04/04/2016 4:25 pm
Latiodile
the bitrate is still far too low for 1080p, set it to the one i use.. its standard for 1080p unless this is exclusively for streaming to twitch, which you shouldnt be using 1080p anyway since 3500 is too low
04/04/2016 4:06 pm
Karrfis
alright, i have tried with OBS studio,, and tried with the NVenc thingy,

they final product is still pixelly at certain points, the NVenc has much less pixelly bits but tis still pixelly in some places

standard settings

NVENC settings

i'll get some footage sorted with each of em to show whats up
04/04/2016 2:36 pm
Latiodile
I see you have a Nvidia card, people will probably shun me for this or something... but try using NVenc on high quality with a bitrate of 21320, it's the highest quality I could get on my videos recently

I have it set to 720p60fps, but 1080p30fps use the same bitrate

My settings, which are
Click to reveal

Every other setting is set to default

I don't get any grainy-ness
[yt]EYSQh620j_Y[/yt]

I chose Sanik because its a fast paced game (naturally...) which would affect the bitrate
04/04/2016 2:11 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
acerdone2341
Do you use any software like Handbrake? (Decreasing file size)
04/04/2016 2:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Waec
Decreasing file size decreases the quality. Has nothing to do with Handbrake.
Unless you're suggesting that the quality may have decreased due to it, it's possible but it's more likely OP's settings in his OBS software.
04/04/2016 2:07 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
pokeythechicken
Hey , look in your Settings for ''FPS'' Change it from 30 to 50-60 . Your Videos will look better .
04/04/2016 2:09 pm
Waec
His problem isn't FPS if you check his videos. The problem is with buffer size.
04/04/2016 1:24 pm
Karrfis
that just linked me back to the obs site where i downlaoded the opriginal obs, the file it gave me was jsut the standard obs file
04/04/2016 1:26 pm
Waec
Sorry, wrong download link.

https://obsproject.com/download#mp

Click the option for "studio"
04/04/2016 12:45 pm
Karrfis
wanna hook me up with a link to where i can get that version?
04/04/2016 12:49 pm
Waec
04/04/2016 12:37 pm
Karrfis
its on the default settings i left it with, idk mnuch when it coems to these programs

04/04/2016 12:39 pm
Waec
Damn, can't help you bud. Just realized that you do not use the multiplatform version.
04/04/2016 12:05 pm
Waec
Karrthusright now im screwing around making videos to show my friends things and sticking it on the youtubes

im using obs but obs sems to be screwing up

all the videos i have recorded have come back with have go wierd pixelly stoof in them at certain times/all the time, im still a noob when it comes to this so i dunno, if its me, obs or whatever

example
Click to reveal
[yt]5m7VuxRX7gM[/yt]

this video i shot is fien to start with, but as it gets in 10-15 seconds the image starts screwing uop
youtube detects that the video is shaky and offers to fix it

Im currently thinking it is OBS mainly due tot he fact that the two oldest videos on my channel which i shot using fraps on my old pc (the really low spec poopy pc) came out fine with no issues (apart from general framerate but that was my pc)

as seen here

Click to reveal
[yt]IaWL6HnMO4I[/yt]

Just so you know it's the YouTube's automation due to the positioning of the "scenes" in your OBS despite the fact that you only positioned your game scene. Though to your pixelated video after 15 seconds, you should refer or screenshot your video settings which can be seen at settings/output/recording (tab)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome