Game Ideas Needed! (Not needed any more)

Captain_Hd_'s Avatar Captain_Hd_8/24/16 10:19 am
1 emeralds 405 6
8/24/2016 2:29 pm
Calendar Man's Avatar Calendar Man
So, I'm developing a game in Unity. Not sure what to call it yet but the basic plot is that your an army soldier fighting a terrorist group. It will be a 3d 3rd person shooter game. I have some ideas but I need more. It'll have a 'wave mode' where you and CPU allies are fighting against endless enemy's. There'll also be a mission mode, with various missions such as: patrols, hostage situations and raids. If the game gets good feedback I will also add multiplayer modes, but I have no experience with networking atm. Any ideas of what to add?

Edit : I'm going to make another post with a bit more detail.
Captain_Hd_
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/24/2016 2:29 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
It's nice to see that you're trying to make a game, but making games alone can cause problems.
As everyone else is saying, Soldiers V Terrorists isn't that clever of a gimmick. It's just been worn out.

Excited to see progress, though!
08/24/2016 2:18 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
Try "Space Pirates" or steam punk themes

However, with those themes I think, it would be kinda hard to draw the assets. Try finding a theme that doesn't require much of artistic skills, like geometry wars.
08/24/2016 1:48 pm
Captain_Hd_
Perhaps some kind of futuristic, sci-fi theme? But that's basic Halo... hmm
08/24/2016 1:46 pm
Captain_Hd_
I thought that, however I do like third person shooters, any ideas for those?
Also, I plan on getting models from Unity Asset Store and other sites like Turbo Squid.
08/24/2016 1:28 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
I would recommend not doing the Soldier vs Terrorist idea like Dazalius said. That idea is very saturated. Try coming up with ideas or look at ideas people on this thread will post that no one or very few people do.
08/24/2016 1:07 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage
dazalius
I'm a game developer as well, and i would suggest staying away from the whole soldier vs terrorist theme. COD has been using that for years now, and its starting to get a bit cliche. Try and come up with a theme that nobody, or very few people are doing. You'll get better reception and more people will want to buy your game (assuming you plan to sell). Also 3d games are great, but unless you have someone to 3d model for you you might get overwhelmed with the work. I'm not trying to be a "hater", I'm simply trying to give you some advice. Good luck with the game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome