I'm getting my first phone! What one should I get? :o

Cheffy's Avatar Cheffy6/14/16 7:48 pm
6/5/2017 3:36 pm
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Well....
I'm getting my first phone and I'm wondering what one should I get.

It has to work with the cell provider t mobile.
I'm looking for a smart-phone no flip phones please.

Budget 500~
Cheffy
Level 45 : Master Chef

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/05/2017 3:36 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis

Necropost, lets not resurrect dead threads shall we?
06/05/2017 3:22 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
TotallyNotMe
OnePlus is a fantastic company. They make absolutely amazing phones worth any price they put them at.

Apple, no. Rubbish battery life, possibly the worst company I've ever bought a phone from. Not worth the money one bit. Although if you're a sheeple, you wouldn't care about what I just said and you'd get it anyway.

Motorola are okay. They were a lot better before Lenovo bought them off. I currently have the Moto G4 and I do advise you that you do NOT buy it. Since the Android 7.0 update, the battery life lasts about 4-5 hours on a good day. Also the phone spazzes out like someone is touching it constantly. Unusable on some days.

Sony are good. A couple years ago I had their awful Sony Xperia (Z something) and it was awful. It was slow at turning on, turning off, loading Google, everything. But since then they have grown and they have got a lot better, I do recommend some of their phones.

Samsung are great, although their 'TouchWiz' home screen thing makes the phone very slow. If you get a Samsung, I suggest either getting Google Now or Evie launcher. They make great phones though.

Those are the only companies I have bought phones from.

My conclusion :

Apple, awful. I don't like them one bit.
OnePlus : Amazing, fantastic, perfect. Definitely the best phone company out there right now. Only flaw is that when they release a new phone, their old one goes off sale.
Sony : Haven't owned a Sony device for a couple years but when I did, it was awful. Pretty sure they have got a lot better since then.
Motorola: Were absolutely fantastic, but have recently fell down into a huge pit they have to climb out of. Definitely not buying from them again, sadly.
Samsung : Decent, although some features slow the phone down and in my opinion their phones are quite ugly.

So if I had to decide between all the phones I said, I'd definitely go with OnePlus.

These are all my opinions, please do not quote me on stuff that you may think is incorrect, disrespectful or stupid. Everyone is allowed an opinion.
06/05/2017 3:21 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
If you want quality, get an iPhone!
If you want a phone that won't break easily, use a Samsung galaxy.
06/05/2017 5:26 am
Level 1 : New Miner
AkselVolkov
I would agree with MattsOnMc , OnePlus does release good phone models in the low price category. Oce time, I have spent a lot of time too, trying to select a good and inexpensive phone, because the budget was limited and I wanted something worthwhile. As a result, I had to abandon the Apple series because the price did not suit, and Android, honestly, is more convenient to me. In general, Android can offer a lot of space for choosing the phone from the cheapest to the most expensive models. Oneplus is a good value for money. If interested, you can see the characteristics of one of the liked models in internet sources. It is a full review of the phone. By the way, if you don`t like oneplus you can find there another phone and сompare their characteristics.
06/05/2017 2:31 pm
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
This is your first post so jsyk,-snip-. Also I'm sure they got a phone by now lmao
06/17/2016 3:04 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
IanG
HTC One series anyone?
06/05/2017 1:39 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
TechEdison
Yes. HTC One M8 FTW

EDIT:

I realize the dude above me posted on a year old post. My apologies to the moderators.
06/17/2016 2:39 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
Try Samsung
06/17/2016 9:06 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
get the cheapest thing that can text and call, phones are overrated
06/17/2016 9:46 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
someone recently watched jontron
06/17/2016 9:39 am
Level 1 : New Blacksmith
Yuuuuh
I agree. My mom had my on flip phones while I was in middle school and early high school and all my friends had iPhones and fancy smartphones. I was teased a lot by kids who said I was poor because I wore used clothes from stores that sell those kinds of things. I can probably say that my family is most likely much wealthier than them or if not just, just as wealthy but my mom didn't believe in paying top dollar for something that simply serves its purpose: sending a text or a call. Flip phones are much cheaper and sturdier. They aren't shiny or classy like an Android or iPhone, but most phone plans will let you save up for a pretty sick phone for free or much cheaper than it's worth as long as you're not breaking your current phone. You can trade in your current for the new one. I had a flip phone for 5 years and right before my senior year I got a snazzy iPhone of the latest gen for free. I saved $550.
So yea, don't even use your budget.

Spend $50 on just a PHONE and have it last you good. Phones are not toys. If you want a toy, get an iPad or iPod.
Phones can help save your life and keep you in touch with people.

You can't have it breaking on you easily with a simple drop or the screen melting if you leave it in the car for a day this summer, especially if this is your FIRST phone.

Gain some responsibility first and while you're doing that, you can save your parents a small fortune that maybe they might spend on a car for you.
06/17/2016 4:59 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
HTC One M9 is nice phone with very good speakers for a phone.

Samsung Galaxy S6 is about 500 euros. And is all around great phone, it's like best phone you can buy right after S7. Has super good camera even in dark places.

If you have bad habit breaking your phones, Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is phone I have, very very durable, good performance, kinda poor camera in dark places, but if sunlight, it works perfectly.

I'd suggest you to stay away from iPhones, as they can break easily and the iOS has no good customization options. And Apple hates people who jailbreak (They have also sued teenager for it)
06/16/2016 2:44 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Procrastinator
Ericd112
I would really suggest the iphone. In my opinion it has the best design, is simple and ios is probably the best thing you can have on your phone. In case you want something that looks good, the iphone is the best thing. The only downside is the price. I started with the iphone 4, 4 years ago and the only reason why it didnt survive was, that it fell down 3 meters screen first on a stone path (trampolines and phones don't work together). 2 years without damage. It was more or less unbreakable. I suggets the iphone se or whatever it is.
06/16/2016 2:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/16/2016 2:37 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Jailbroken iPhone.
All the benefits of Android, with ease-of-use of an iPhone. You can have as much or little content as you want.

But when getting a new phone, remember that it's 99% preference. Some people will argue that specs matter, but as long as the phone is from this year, specs will not really make that much of a difference in the long run.

Don't believe anyone who says "Android is better" or "Apple is better" because the "best OS" is 100% opinion. There is no definite answer as to which is better.
06/16/2016 2:56 pm
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/17/2016 3:22 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Programmer
MattsOnMc
Let me guess. And next to the app catalog you'd also like the specs of a android device
06/17/2016 3:54 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/17/2016 4:42 am
MattsOnMc
I was talking more about phones in the same price range, look at the Huawei Nexus 6p or OnePlus 3 for example
06/16/2016 2:32 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
one that goes ring ring
06/16/2016 12:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I personally don't like IPhones. So I would recommend a Microsoft Lumia for business or an Android for Games.
06/16/2016 12:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
hkarrson
I'm not to big of an apple fan, but I do think the iphone GUI is really simple, compared to the mac, which no offence, but... i hate macs. So, I would go with the iphone. BTW, I have an iphone and I love it.
06/16/2016 11:40 am
Cheffy
I'll keep it in mind.
06/15/2016 11:45 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Bunny
axie
just don't get apple, they purposely program the phones to break
06/15/2016 11:49 pm
Cheffy
I'm pretty sure they aren't programmed to break, people are just irresponsible and drop them
06/16/2016 12:11 pm
MattsOnMc
No it's a known fact that apple adds bits of code to make the phone slow down over time so you'll be forced to buy a new one
06/15/2016 11:04 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
I would ignore all of those phones and get the Nexus 6P

One reason to get the Nexus over the Oneplus or other devices, its Google's baby. The Nexus has nice clean, stock, Android. Why is this important? These phones are very well supported, the Nexus devices are the first devices to get new versions of Android, and Nexus Devices are very well supported, expect to get software updates for a loooong time. Also, you dont have any of the bloatware that Samsung, LG, or a lot of companies add to try to make their phone different. This bloat usually isn't removable, you dont get any bloat with the Nexus, except for some of Google's apps that every phone has anyway. Plus it has a fingerprint sensor, an excellent camera. I think this phone should be what you get, front facing speakers, another big one, once you have a phone with front facing speakers, it is difficult to go back to bottom to back facing speakers. A whole lot better, if you like to consume music, video or play some games, this phone has some very excellent DUAL front facing STEREO speakers. if you decide not to get this amazingness of a phone, if you get a OnePlus device, get the OnePlus 3.

Review:
[yt]Xc5fFvp8le4[/yt]
06/16/2016 12:15 pm
MattsOnMc
Get OnePlus 3 over Nexus:
OxygenOS is a clean rom that has a really stock android feeling.
Frequent updates
No bloatware
No ugly skins (/me looks at htc and samsung)
fingerprint sensor
16 mp camera
You got me on the speaker, but multiple reviewers have stated that it doesn't matter too much and sometimes prefer the downwards facing speaker.
Like 100-200 dollars cheaper than the 6p

(I'm not trying to make the 6p look bad, it's amazing, only just showing what oneplus has to offer)
06/15/2016 9:07 pm
Level 40 : Master Nerd
Endure_Slayer
GET THE FRICKING LADYBUG 2.0: PRESCHOOL EDITION!
THAT VERSION ACTUALLY HAS BUTTONS!
06/15/2016 11:45 pm
Cheffy
end my life please
06/15/2016 8:10 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
Map Kings
Oneplus 3.
Or iphoneSE
06/15/2016 8:57 pm
Cheffy
I like the oneplus.
Not sure what I want yet.
So far everyone is recommending the OnePlus
06/15/2016 7:41 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Daemonic
Choose Apple if you want:
- Easy Navigation and functionality
- Nice design
- Texting and calling with ease
- Basic customization
- Basic apps

Choose Samsung if you want:
- Easy Navigation and functionality
- Decent design
- Texting and calling with ease, with the choice of an app customization
- Large variety of choices for customization
- Ability to go underwater
- More apps

Apple is more for professionalism, and Samsung is more for development IMO.
I suggest you don't get a Windows phone because nothing supports the modern day Nokias.
06/16/2016 12:21 pm
MattsOnMc
once again APPLE AND SAMSICK AREN'T THE ONLY TWO PHONES ON THE MARKET (yes I made that typo on purpose)

And besides Nokia doesn't exist anymore; Nokia is now owned by Microsoft, the Windows phone market place has tons of apps we android users use every day (I could probably get through a few days with a windows phone). Also some Lumia's are known for their amazing camera's
06/15/2016 6:53 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
I'd suggest an iPhone, they work with the most providers, have the most apps, and are the easiest to navigate.
You can get a brand new 5S on amazon for ~$300. The 5S was always the best version anyway, idk what you'd need a 6 for.
06/16/2016 12:08 pm
MattsOnMc
Why would you get a IPhone if you can get way better for like 200 euros less.
06/15/2016 6:00 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Fisherman
Aegeah
Get something from the Galaxy S series, or just something Samsung.
06/16/2016 12:17 pm
MattsOnMc
And why Samsung, with their ugly skins, moderate battery life (amazing screen tho) & always running like 2 months behind on software updates

Elaborate please
06/15/2016 5:55 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Mlane48YT
Get Minecraft Pocket Edition.
06/15/2016 6:39 pm
Cheffy
"phone"
Does that ring a bell?
Does the word phone ring a bell?
Do you know what a phone is?
06/15/2016 5:53 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Maybe an LG G4 or G5. I had a G3 and it was a good phone. Decent battery life but i got the G4 when it came out the battery life improved and i just got the G5 the battery life improved a lot compared to my G3.
06/15/2016 2:07 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Dolphin
kuchkuch2000
I'm here with an $80 Nexus 5 xD
Does me good though and I like it
06/15/2016 1:48 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
I got a Z3 compact once it came out, great phone! My friend has the Z5 and it works really nice, so I would suggest the "Sony Xperia Z5"

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones ... 152/review (I don't think the lack wireless charger is a big con though )

EDIT:

Another reason to take a Sony over Apple/Samsung, you don't pay for the brand... Apple/Samsung phones are getting more and more expensive, not because of their hardware or quality but mainly because of the brand... So I would suggest avoiding those 2 brands at all times.
06/15/2016 2:17 pm
Cheffy
Looks slick, I'll keep it in mind, does it work with T-Mobile?
06/15/2016 6:05 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
Yeah, it does. As long as you have a SIM card from t-mobile basically everything works And to ensure you, my friend also has t-mobile, if I recall correctly ^^
06/15/2016 1:40 pm
Cheffy
bump.
so far I like the
-OnePlus
-Samsung
-Apple
Any other suggest are good too!
06/15/2016 10:03 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
If you want a smart phone, Samsungs are like Uber Apples. If you wanna go cheaper, I am a very satisfied with the LG phone I have. I wouldn't suggest any specific version of phone to anybody, because people vary, and phone companies are always updating their models. Don't get an Apple, especially if you want to keep some of that $500 and be able to use it. Samsungs are expensive too, but whatever. Depends on what you like.
06/15/2016 10:46 am
MattsOnMc
The amazing well known companies arent the only ones on the market. Look at huawai, oneplus, oppo
06/15/2016 6:07 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
huawai? I don't want a Japanese brand phone.
Oneplus? Never heard.
Oppo? Derp ._.
06/15/2016 6:09 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
StealingDaPenta
Huawei is decent; One Plus (3) is beast.
Compare spex to f.e. samsung and you'll see they barely do under if they do at all.

Negative point: one plus doesnt leave room for an SD card
BUT there are USB sticks with mini USB which u can use ;and the One Plus 3 has 64Gb storage anyway
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome