forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record Gaming

HELP! Need Feedback on Gaming w/ Acer Aspire E15

4 emeralds4 replies86 views
created 04/23/2019 5:22 pm by MiningTheUniverse
last reply 05/04/2019 4:11 am
I need to know whether anyone has used an Acer Aspire E15 to play Minecraft & Roblox and how it performed? I have been researching for weeks on a Windows laptop to get my kid that was affordable but also runs smoothly with these games.

I originally posted a thread about other laptops, and the only one that seemed to get positive feedback was the Acer Aspire E15 seen here....

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=acer+aspire&qid=1555957174&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The use of Minecraft, Roblox & YouTube, without lagging or slow movements is essential but that's about it.
No needed space for extra Mods or Texture Packs w/ Minecraft.

I also mentioned that if it were to run Sims 4 that would be the cherry on top because my kid is now using my brand new $900 computer to play that and I am a nervous wreck every time. Two people did tell me the Aspire may even be able to run Sims but that will not make or break my decision. Being able to smoothly play Minecraft & Roblox is definitely make or break.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
Posted by avatar
MiningTheUniverse
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

4 replies

05/04/2019 4:11 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Nocturn_Adrift
I bought my girlfriend an Acer Aspire E15 for playing Minecraft with me. It runs great when I run Linux on it as opposed to Windows (Windows is a resource hog).

However, I haven't tried to run Roblox on Linux, I would have to try to do that at some point.

But for the price, that laptop specifically is the best one out there for your budget. There isn't any other laptop out there that can compete value-wise. This is your best bet.
04/23/2019 7:38 pm
Level 43 : Master Enderdragon
TheSilentWind
I simply don't recommend Acer for gaming at all. They cut down on build quality and such. Cooling may be an issue (as The Sims 4 does cause quite a bit of heat) if the cooling system (cooling pipes/heatsink) is made of cheap quality.

With regards to the games, I will be honest, it may be a struggle to run Sims 4 being that it is so poorly optimized. It's not that you can't run it, but it may not run all that smoothly. Sims is CPU demanding, so I'd say it would be great if you can get an i5 and preferably not an ultra low voltage CPU (U suffix Intel CPU).
04/25/2019 8:03 am
Level 1 : New Miner
MiningTheUniverse
Ok but Sims is not something we absolutely have to have. We are more worried about just being able to run Minecraft & Roblox. I have had feedback from a few people that this computer should be fine for those games. Sims aside. Do you think so?
04/25/2019 8:24 am
Level 43 : Master Enderdragon
TheSilentWind
Yeah, I think it should be fine. If you are sure you don't want addons (such as shaderpacks and such), then yeah, you should be fine. As for how long the computer can last, I'm not sure.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome