How can I get windows 8.1 cheap and legally?

Navbarry's Avatar Navbarry11/21/14 5:19 pm
1 emeralds 676 9
11/21/2014 10:33 pm
Navbarry's Avatar Navbarry
Hi guys, for my birthday, I'm getting a new SSD. Thus, I feel it is appropriate to buy windows 8.1. Where can I get windows 8.1 for cheap? (Must be legal)
Navbarry
Level 41 : Master Blob

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2014 10:33 pm
Navbarry
Killertoad
Navbarry
Cancel that, I found a guy on /r/softwareswap who sells them for $14!

I'd like to know where you found that? Could you PM me that?

/r/softwareswap got shut down selling of the keys, because of many people getting scammed because they bought from people that don't sale keys much. So pretty much idiots are the reason it's not there anymore. G2A.com is another cheap site, ranging from 15-30 dollars a key. Or you can probably get a key through your school for free. Ask around. IT classes should have MSDN, which gives out unlimited free keys.

I sent it to you
11/21/2014 10:22 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Navbarry

I'd like to know where you found that? Could you PM me that?

/r/softwareswap got shut down selling of the keys, because of many people getting scammed because they bought from people that don't sale keys much. So pretty much idiots are the reason it's not there anymore. G2A.com is another cheap site, ranging from 15-30 dollars a key. Or you can probably get a key through your school for free. Ask around. IT classes should have MSDN, which gives out unlimited free keys.
11/21/2014 9:13 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
MissWriter
There is no "cheaper" way to get this software unless you purchase someone's secondhand copy or through a site that is not Microsoft or a certified store, by which you could very, very easily get scammed or end up with an illegal copy that probably has a lot of problems.

The only legal way to get Mircosoft software is through Microsoft.com (or a proper electronics store that carries it).

You probably can get a Student Edition instead of a business edition, which costs less, but you are going to pay that same price for an offical/legal copy no matter what store carries it.
11/21/2014 10:13 pm
Navbarry
Well, I if I use software swap, I pay the guy $14 through paypal for a key. I would download the OS from microsoft's website, and I would activate it with the key (I would have the same thing as everyone else.) The only way for me to get scammed is a bad key. If I do receive a bad key, I will simply refute the charges on paypal and get my money back.
11/21/2014 8:48 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
cmondinger
Id try G2A.COM
11/21/2014 8:18 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
I don't think it's 100% legal to buy it through softwareswap, so you might want to delete this thread now that you have a solution lol.
11/21/2014 6:26 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Are you a student? If so, check to see if you can get it for cheaper through your school.
11/21/2014 7:29 pm
Navbarry
The student one costs $70

11/21/2014 5:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
/r/softwareswap is where I'd check first.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome