Making a 2D fantasy RPG/strategy game! NEED C# CODERS!

Cthulhucompany's Avatar Cthulhucompany1/13/13 3:53 pm
1 emeralds 3.7k 97
4/25/2013 6:53 am
the gravity block's Avatar the gravity block
Hello guys

So me and my friend is planning to make a fantasy RPG/strategy game, based on our own world that we came up with a long time ago :3 its basicly a 4 player game where you play against your friends. the players can select races and classes wich have diffrent abilities, weapons and mounts. Each player also have their own keep. you need to upgrade your keep and build other buildings to get extra defense and stuff like that :3. you must also get soldiers, that can help you fight against the other players. I want it to look a bit like this: http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/artic ... 96-000.jpg

So we havent realy started yet....im learning to code java and lua but we are going to make the game in C# and the server in Python so im mainly going to be art director and my friend is mainly ideas

Click to reveal
Trimia is an online 4 player game.
Its based of me and my friends fantasy world, wich we came up with some time ago. There are 4 races: Skykk, Lyskka, Human
and Nekkoron. Skykks are small and slow, but has extra strong magic abilities. Lyskkas are shy creatures and are very fast.
Nekkorons are dark and demonic creatures wich are super strong and does the most damage of all classes. Humans are the
most selfish race, but are very good at building forts and upgrading their keep.

STORY: A long time ago, in the God Age, four gods created a creature called Drahkkon. The Drhakkon was the first creature
in the whole universe wich wasent a god. This made the other gods angry. They wanted to be the only creatures, so they
created a another creature to kill the Drhakkon. That Creature was called Kkhorma. But Kkhorma was unstable and started
to think by himself. He thought that if he killed all the gods, we would grant the power to create a whole new world for
himself and creatured like him. And so the slauter begun. He slayed all the gods in his sight, but when he saw the Drahkkon he stoped. What if
he could use it to create the New World? He went to find the four gods that created the Drhakkon and asked them yo help
him. They said yes and the New World started to take shape. The New World was a big flat area in the middle of The Nowhere,
where the gods lived. But there was still gods left. They tried to destroy the New world, but Kkhorma stoped them before
they succeded. Though, they made some big changes. There was now terrain in the New World. Mountains, rivers and even caves.
The four gods and Kkhorma liked it and decided to keep it this way. now, they needed to create creatures to live there and
thats when the Drhakkon came in. They made more Drhakkons and planted them on the New World and then made new kinds of
creatures. Lyskkas, Humans, Skykks, Kalysks, Rakkis and much more. World was now done.
For a long time, the pepole on the New World called the four gods and Kkhorma for the Five Creators. The Five Creators
named their new world to Trimia (Tri= New, Mia= World in old Trimian).

After 8000 years, Kkhorma got bored of his creation. He wanted to create another world. He started to create a new world
but then realized that Trimia took to much place for him to make his new world so he stared to destroy Trimia, but was
stopped by the four gods. He got weaker and weaker for every day, and asked the gods if he they had layed a curse on him,
but they had not. Kkhorma got worried and asked a Lyskka Shaman for help. The shaman said that Kkhorma had a curse on him,
but not an ordinary curse. The curse of hatered and coruption. Kkhorma got so angry that he cut the shaman in the throut.
When Kkhorma saw what he had done, the spirit of the shaman said to him <<Love your creation>> and then flyed away.
And then Kkhorma got corupted into a monster. He slayed the four gods, made a palace and started to build up an army.
"Soon, thy Trimia is mine"

Heres some art i made http://imgur.com/Y67WXMT

So we need programmers and texturers. We are open for ideas to

APP:

Name/nickname:
Skype(required):
Steam:
Job:
Skill (1-10):
Software used:
Examples of work(required):
Ideas:
About you:

Here is our APP:

Name/nickname: me: Otto my friend: Jimmy/ bonemeal
Steam: me: trollotto96
Job: me: art Jimmy: ideas
Skill (1-10): me: art 7/10 Jimmy: ideas 99/10
Software used: artrage 3, gimp
Examples of work: check out my profile :3
Ideas: expansions/mods maybe??
About US: well we came up with this world in 1-3 class....and we always wanted it as a game...and now we have the chance!

Current members:
Me
Jimmy
Boboonski
Blazefire
Elycin
TheDuckMiner
OnlySik
iWireless
shizzle22
Riamu_Uchiha
Cthulhucompany
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/25/2013 6:53 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Wizard
the gravity block
Name/nickname:Haunter894/The gravity block
Skype(required):trevor_-_miller
Steam:hmmm I dont really use steam anymore but wafflesrawesome
Job:Textures
Skill (1-10): 8-9
Software used:Paintbrush
Examples of work(required):Ive made a texturepack with 20,000 veiws and 8,000 downloads and I am currently working on makeing a hd zombie mobs texture pack
Ideas:hmmm maybe character upgrades? I love seeing your character change
About you: I love making textures...its basically my current hobby. Despite me being in high school I have quite a bit of free time
04/25/2013 4:49 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Mage
Riamu_Uchiha
Bump?
02/20/2013 6:31 am
Cthulhucompany
Still need C# coders! bump..
02/16/2013 7:35 am
Level 31 : Artisan Cake
Triggerfullify
Name/nickname: Triggerfullify, Trig, Triggy or whatever in the world you want to call me :3
Steam:appleminer
Job: Texturer
Skill (1-10): I don't like to judge myself :3
Software used: Paint.net, GIMP and basically anything I can get my hands on
Examples of work: I have many examples
Ideas: A little bit of character customisation (if thats not already planned)
About you: I am a hard worker who likes to have alot of fun, but still gets the job done.
02/16/2013 5:50 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
MrLucifer
Hey man Dont make a game.

Make a minecraft server its much easier and More people can join.

And you will get more help! I can help you with that make a spawn and the ranks
02/16/2013 6:02 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Bugs_e
its better for people to expand on their skills rather then stay at a set level. More practice = a better programmer, so making a custom game would give useful experience. Assuming the game is actually gonna be made ;D.
02/16/2013 5:35 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
vds900
Name/nickname: Benjani.
Steam: I forgot, will try and find it.
Job: Unemployed (no, I'd like to help texturing
Skill (1-10): 6-ish.
Software used:Gimp
Examples of work:None on Pmc texture-wise but i re-textured a few of the default minecraft textures.
Ideas: Familiars, or animals you can tame like bears.
About you: I don't really think i would do brilliant textures, but I thought if you need texturing help i would do my best. Thanks
02/15/2013 2:54 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
holyarrow567
I would help, but i dont have skype... that and that I'm 10 years old
02/16/2013 3:15 am
Cthulhucompany
Acctually, i dont care about age :3 The only thing i care about is to make this game! though you need to be good enough to join.... But skype is not required
02/16/2013 5:02 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
holyarrow567
Ok... I guess I could try for ideas, although I'm about 4-7/10... I'll only be able to send u ideas via steam though. Steam User : holyarrow567
02/15/2013 12:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Bugs_e
when is this game expected to be out? and has the development already begun?
02/15/2013 4:38 am
Level 21 : Expert Blacksmith
Shemicus
Example of my writing:

Another normal day in Greenvile. The rain was cold and felt like it was cutting away at his skin. Freezing rain was not Jason's idea of a good Friday afternoon. Walking home after a long day of school and being assaulted by this weather was far from ideal. As he finished the walk home, he clutched the iced-over doorknob in pain, thinking his hand was about to break off. Locked. How am I surprised… Jason thought to himself, producing the small, frigid key from his pocket. The dark click of the lock mechanism gave after a host of forced turns. He turned on the lights of the small, stale smelling house and went straight to his room, trying to avoid any contact with his parents, who were staring at the old, decrepit TV set, clearly feeling groggy from whatever happened last night. "Hopefully Sarah can talk…" Jason whispered to himself as he picked up his phone and dialed the number. To his surprise, she answered. Sarah was a friend that Jason was growing closer to. They had met in the 5th grade, and now they were sophomores in high school. Jason didn't believe they were growing romantically, although they spent every moment of their time together. Friendly banter was tossed around frequently about a relationship between them, but Jason quickly and abruptly dismissed anything even remotely about a relationship.
02/15/2013 2:43 pm
Cthulhucompany
Awsome! pfft, and i thought i was good at writing :3
02/15/2013 1:49 pm
Level 21 : Expert Cake
pmcmodl
Wow that's real good.
02/15/2013 4:31 am
Level 21 : Expert Blacksmith
Shemicus
Name/nickname: Shemicus
Steam: Nope.
Job: Storyline and Cinematic, Photography and Voice ****MUSIC MAKING***
Skill (1-10): At storyline and cinematic? 9. Music? 9.5
Software used: A-LOT. Unity, Logic, as'odifas;df.
Examples of work: http://www.soundcloud.com/shemicus
Ideas: Uh...
About you: My real name is Patricia Johnson.

I make all kinds of music, from House to Medieval.

I don't haev much to say here but I have a lot more to say in Skype.
02/15/2013 2:41 pm
Cthulhucompany
accepted! ill add you on skype

EDIT: umm....is Cham your skype profile?
02/15/2013 4:02 am
Cthulhucompany
bump...
02/13/2013 4:50 pm
Cthulhucompany
bump...
02/07/2013 11:31 am
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder
Mercurythedark
02/10/2013 4:57 am
Cthulhucompany
oh your so funny -_-
02/07/2013 10:08 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Mage
Riamu_Uchiha
APP:

Name/nickname: Liam. Nickname: Greeny
Steam: GreenyGames
Job: Idea Maker/ Writer for the game. Something along the lines of a writer.
Skill (1-10): Imagination: 6/10 Writing: 7.5/10 (for my age)
Software used: Wordpad, Word, Textpad, YWriter
Examples of work: Elron. The capital city of Andora. Was under attack from the Kalinthians. Tens of thousands bashed armor against each other on the plain, sending out an overwhelming sound of metal on metal. Men roaring out their battle cries whilst women and children whimpered with shrieks inside the city walls. It was chaos. General Fangar ordered the archers to fire at will. Everything went dark, there were so many arrows that they filled the bright sky. Blocking out all sunlight. The fighting went on for hours. Men - creatures also, were dying every second. Soon the battle would die out. But not unless the presence of Argor was there. The darkest of them all. The king of Kalinth. The most demented king. Soon it was Elron's finest against the skilful warriors of Kalinth. A city against a nation. The odds were not in Elrons favour, however, Elron's army was known to be ridiculously strong and have the will of an entire empire.
Now it was just Argor picking them all of one by one. Each knight of Elron standing their ground and protecting their beloved City.
Just a few thousand left. Argor was advancing to the city walls fast. Nobody could stop him. This is the intro to my book I am currently writing.

Ideas: I have a whole notebook full of names for people, places, items and races. One of my ideas is a cool thing to add to the game. Which would be books that are readable in game about Heroes and old battles. The history of the land ect. Like in Skyrim. I would be totally happy to do that. If that is OK with you.
About you: I am 13 years old and have always liked writing. I have been writing my Novel and shorts for about a year now. Despite my age I still want to get it published. Money included or not. I just want people to read my books. I am quite mature for my age (depending on who I am around). I am patient so I can wait a few years for the game to be made as I understand the amount of effort needed to make a good game. That is all, Hope i get accepted. If not then good luck with the game.
02/10/2013 4:58 am
Cthulhucompany
dude! thats a great story! wow..and i thought i was good at writing ;3 accepted!
02/07/2013 10:01 am
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
OVERKILLERMAPMAKER
Name/nickname:OVERKILLER321/OVER
Steam:got none
Job:makes maps/prjects
Skill (1-10):8
Software used:windows 7
Examples of work:projects
Ideas:diffrent kind of dragons
About you: i love to play mc and i am on skype alot.im a good builder 2.
02/10/2013 4:59 am
Cthulhucompany
ummm... are you posting this on te right forum post? O_O
02/07/2013 9:49 am
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
shizzle22
This looks more 2.5D ( The image you gave us )
Then just 2D.
OH well...
My as well make an application

Name/nickname: shizzle2 real name: James Crawler

Steam: bitsantagavin

Job: Coding java 7, C++ C# C, Modeling

Skill (1-10): Java: 3,( Just started ) C's: 6, Modeling 2( Just started also )

Software used: Blender, Photoshop CS6, Eclipse, NOTEPAD++ Flash CS6

Examples of work: I made some non- working mods on my member thing... Check them out

Ideas: The idea of 2.5D games, makes me happy because theres not many out there... ( actually theres like 4 billion ) But like 75% of those aren't good games... and if I help I might be able to fix any problems that most people don't like in a certain kind-of game... Also- Ideas? I got none because I forgot what I was writing 5 minutes ago.

About you: I had a scholarship in coding, and website making, I graduated in 2007
After that I bought a website subscription thing... That is called lynda...
And learned some java, and modeling with blender and photoshop.
02/10/2013 4:57 am
Cthulhucompany
yhea, well idk if i should call it top down or as you call it 2.5D btw....accepted!
02/07/2013 9:32 am
Cthulhucompany
Vielio
CthulhucompanyHello guys

So me and my friend is planning to make a fantasy RPG/strategy game, based on our own world that we came up with a long time ago :3 its basicly a 4 player game where you play against your friends. the players can select races and classes wich have diffrent abilities, weapons and mounts. Each player also have their own keep. you need to upgrade your keep and build other buildings to get extra defense and stuff like that :3. you must also get soldiers, that can help you fight against the other players. I want it to look a bit like this: http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/artic ... 96-000.jpg

So we havent realy started yet....im learning to code java and lua but we are going to make the game in C# and the server in Python so im mainly going to be art director and my friend is mainly ideas

Click to reveal
Its based of me and my friends fantasy world, wich we came up with some time ago. There are 4 races: Skykk, Lyskka, Human
and Nekkoron. Skykks are small and slow, but has extra strong magic abilities. Lyskkas are shy creatures and are very fast.
Nekkorons are dark and demonic creatures wich are super strong and does the most damage of all classes. Humans are the
most selfish race, but are very good at building forts and upgrading their keep.

STORY: A long time ago, in the God Age, four gods created a creature called Drahkkon. The Drhakkon was the first creature
in the whole universe wich wasent a god. This made the other gods angry. They wanted to be the only creatures, so they
created a another creature to kill the Drhakkon. That Creature was called Kkhorma. But Kkhorma was unstable and started
to think by himself. He thought that if he killed all the gods, we would grant the power to create a whole new world for
himself and creatured like him. And so the slauter begun. He slayed all the gods in his sight, but when he saw the Drahkkon he stoped. What if
he could use it to create the New World? He went to find the four gods that created the Drhakkon and asked them yo help
him. They said yes and the New World started to take shape. The New World was a big flat area in the middle of The Nowhere,
where the gods lived. But there was still gods left. They tried to destroy the New world, but Kkhorma stoped them before
they succeded. Though, they made some big changes. There was now terrain in the New World. Mountains, rivers and even caves.
The four gods and Kkhorma liked it and decided to keep it this way. now, they needed to create creatures to live there and
thats when the Drhakkon came in. They made more Drhakkons and planted them on the New World and then made new kinds of
creatures. Lyskkas, Humans, Skykks, Kalysks, Rakkis and much more. World was now done.
For a long time, the pepole on the New World called the four gods and Kkhorma for the Five Creators. The Five Creators

After 8000 years, Kkhorma got bored of his creation. He wanted to create another world. He started to create a new world
but then realized that Trimia took to much place for him to make his new world so he stared to destroy Trimia, but was
stopped by the four gods. He got weaker and weaker for every day, and asked the gods if he they had layed a curse on him,
but they had not. Kkhorma got worried and asked a Lyskka Shaman for help. The shaman said that Kkhorma had a curse on him,
but not an ordinary curse. The curse of hatered and coruption. Kkhorma got so angry that he cut the shaman in the throut.
When Kkhorma saw what he had done, the spirit of the shaman said to him <<Love your creation>> and then flyed away.
And then Kkhorma got corupted into a monster. He slayed the four gods, made a palace and started to build up an army.

APP:

Name/nickname:
Job:
Skill (1-10):
Software used:
Examples of work:
Ideas:
About you:

Here is our APP:

About US: well we came up with this world in 1-3 class....and we always wanted it as a game...and now we have the chance!

Current members:
Me
Jimmy
Boboonski
Blazefire (?)

How could i care for a game like this when the guy looking for people made so many grammar mistakes. Most people take time with writing these, because it shows love, and compassion about there project.

I do wish you luck on your game tho!
its though... dont tell others to spell right when you cant! DUMASS! -_-

i do wish you good luck with your life though, because these kinds of comments can cause some REALY serious problemms.... Luckily for you, im not a rager...
02/06/2013 3:10 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Ninja
ThePlayerExtra
Name/nickname: Alen / ThePlayerExtra
Steam: Xplod3zZ
Job: texturer
Skill (1-10): 9/10 in my opinion
Software used: Photoshop , Cinema 4D
Examples of work: i dont have anything uploaded , except my yt bg http://www.youtube.com/user/theplayerextra
Ideas: what ideas lol
About you: i'm an idiot yay
02/07/2013 9:40 am
Cthulhucompany
this isnt enough.. you havent realy "showed me" what you can do, wich mean you are rejected.. if you dont redo the APP more... "telling" sry
02/06/2013 2:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
8PixleCrafty
Name/nickname: Mc: CraftyHand real name: Judah

Steam: Captain2Epic

Job: Modeling, Texturing, Animation

Skill (1-10): Modeling: 7, Texturing: 3, Animation 6

Software used: Maya, Blender, Photoshop cs2 (ha ha i never updated.)

Examples of work: I don't got them on this computer (just upgraded.)

Ideas: 3D games always sell and it would be easy to make. And plus i know a program that you can make a whole game in (and it's easy, plus its C++ and java) its called "unity"

About you: I'm a guy that spends to much time playing video games. But hey i got Xp in modeling, Animation, and some texturing. I wanted to make something like animation or even a game. And when i saw this i was like "Ohhh right! Prefect timing!" So it will be great working with you guys.
02/07/2013 9:35 am
Cthulhucompany
sry, im not making this game for money, im making it because i love games
and 2d in this case makes it better.. rejected...
02/06/2013 2:17 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
02/07/2013 9:38 am
Cthulhucompany
thx for all the feedback and yes, this game is going to take some years to make... We might not even finish it... But if it goes well its DEFENETLY going to be realesed :3
02/06/2013 2:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Glassroadprogramming
what 2
D library are you going to use? slick 2d?
02/06/2013 10:05 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
WaterNode
SFML
02/06/2013 2:07 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Vielio
CthulhucompanyHello guys

Click to reveal

APP:

Name/nickname:
Job:
Skill (1-10):
Software used:
Examples of work:
Ideas:
About you:

Here is our APP:

Current members:
Me
Jimmy
Boboonski
Blazefire (?)

How could i care for a game like this when the guy looking for people made so many grammar mistakes. Most people take time with writing these, because it shows love, and compassion about there project.

I do wish you luck on your game tho!
02/06/2013 1:58 pm
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
ProGamingCrew
Feel free to add me as texturer
02/07/2013 9:40 am
Cthulhucompany
ummm...need APP... or else i wont add you :/ sry...
02/06/2013 12:22 pm
Cthulhucompany
*bump*
02/03/2013 7:29 am
Level 36 : Artisan Modder
Leikaru
Sorry, I don't have skype.
02/03/2013 11:31 am
Cthulhucompany
k....np
02/03/2013 7:16 am
Cthulhucompany
Leikaru@Hydrian: Your beginning to become rather bossy and power-hungry. Only the project leader can ask questions like giving samples of work. As for downloading something just to show how long it takes... Cthulhucompany probably already knows that he may give up a lot of time for it. Just be cool, and be like all the other members of the team. You won't go up to the next level acting like that.

I would like to apply!

Name/nickname: Haydn
Steam: ----
Job: Experienced Programmer, Alright Pixel Artist
Skill (1-10): Experienced Programmer = 10, Alright Pixel Artist = 4-6
Software used: Unity 3D, XNA Game Studio, Visual Studio, eclipse, almost everything
Examples of work: Check out some mods I have made with Java, they are pretty darn good (if I may say so myself)
Ideas: Don't give up on Java, unless you wish to move to C#, which could be a little bit easier to program with, but Java would be my recommendation, because of some of it's features. Monsters, Boss battles. Make it different from other games like this.
About you: I am a great programmer really. I'm only 14, but I really could help a lot, depending on language choice. C++ is my best language, but I really wouldn't recommend going for that, it's quite complex. The amount of work I have done in Java is way over a million lines of code. Even my mods have about 1500 each currently (and they are only in alpha). So, if you need me, just ask.
Thx for telling Hydrian you are accepted, but there is one thing i need to know.. do you have skype? it would be way more easier if we could talk about the game there, though im a noob at coding, so you might wanna talk with waternode, boboonski, elcyn etc about it :3
02/02/2013 1:47 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer
iWireless
Name/nickname: Ray
Steam: rbains18
Job: Advertise / Art / Support / Ideas / Website Creation
Skill (1-10): Advertise - 10, Art - 8 , Support - 10, Ideas - 100/10 , Website Design -10
Software used: Photoshop, Chrome, Brain
Examples of work: ^ I photoshop for clients, and cannot release images I will create some and provide a link.
Ideas:
About you: I am a 15 year old minecrafter, and i have dreamed of making my own game, sadly i dont no how to code im a noob in coding, but i can advertise the game in a way that tons of people will see, plus i got tons of ideas like anybody, i can photoshop at a good level, and i also can create websites, at a very good level.
02/02/2013 6:18 pm
Level 44 : Master Gent
Hydrian
Show me a example of a website you have made.
02/02/2013 6:12 pm
Cthulhucompany
hmmm..... so your main job is art? well, then i need examples! :/
02/02/2013 4:12 am
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
H40pOMG
Name/nickname: Matthew/OnlySik *just call me OnlySik or Sik*
Steam: None
Job: Texturer
Skill (1-10): 5-8 somthing like that... check my profile for examples... not skins
Software used: what ever im given i'll use or just paint.net/gimp
Examples of work: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/raspberry-mod/
Ideas: Well... uhh can't think of any at the momment.
About you: I'm 14 I've been texturing since minecraft 1.6 or 1.7 beta I can code basic things (like movement and items)
02/02/2013 1:28 pm
Cthulhucompany
hmmm.....cant find any texture/art samples.... need those.. :/
02/02/2013 4:10 pm
H40pOMG

This good?
02/02/2013 6:08 pm
Cthulhucompany
awesome! your accepted! BUT.... i might need to change it a little bit, just to make it more... Trimia style :3
02/03/2013 1:15 am
H40pOMG
Thank you! and it was just an example nothing to be compared to the game ;P
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome