Making a zombie apocalypse game!

dajakos's Avatar dajakos11/25/12 4:09 pm
11/28/2012 2:29 pm
dajakos's Avatar dajakos
Hello, I am making a game in GameMaker Studio, why am I using this you may ask, GameMaker Studio is very easy to use and can still be used to make large games that can run on lower end computers.
There are two types of game I am hoping to make, the first is a DayZ like game but with a slightly more real feeling, when I say "real feeling" I don't mean that it looks like you are there, I mean that you will have access to pick up much more objects and able to use more things around the map.
The second game I am hoping to make is a 3D Super Meat Boy like game with more objective based gameplay, I haven't put much thought into this as I am building up the base game for the DayZ like game.

If you are interested in helping just fill in the application below:

Skype username:
Experience with programs similar to GameMaker Studio;
Experience with using 3D modelling programs:
How much time are you willing to spend?:
If you don't have any/much experience, how fast are you able to learn?:
How creative are you?:
Anything else:

Be aware that once the game is complete and if it is at a standard where I believe it will earn a fair amount of money the money will go into creating games in the future, by helping you and anyone else you wish to have the game and any others made will get them for free!

Good luck!
dajakos
Level 28 : Expert Blockhead

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2012 1:28 pm
dajakos
Anyone want to help or not?
If so, if we get started soon I reckon that we can get the base of the game done within two weeks, then continue with bug testing and the map.
11/27/2012 3:37 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
player9793
I hope you get good on your project. Im rootin'!
plus its not going to be easy :8
11/27/2012 3:30 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Trackie
just saying why bother learning something you're never going to bother using once you can actually make a game in 3D...
11/27/2012 3:40 pm
dajakos
GameMaker has actually grown to be a very professional program, the reason that I am saying this is because it already allows 3D.
11/27/2012 2:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
mini_craftboy
LIS
    T
    11/27/2012 2:24 pm
    dajakos
    Sorry, but you don't seem suitable for the role.
    11/27/2012 2:16 pm
    mini_craftboy
    Skype username:mini_craftboy
    Experience with programs similar to GameMaker Studio;no(but want to learn)
    Experience with using 3D modelling programs:none
    How much time are you willing to spend?:80%
    If you don't have any/much experience, how fast are you able to learn?:fast
    How creative are you?:alot
    Anything else:no but please add me
    11/27/2012 2:06 pm
    dajakos
    * BUMP *

I really want someone to help me make this game become possible!
    11/28/2012 2:18 pm
    KachingZ-delete-pls
    Alright , i'll do it, but I have absolutely no idea how we are going to make this possible.

3D modelling: a bit experience
    Gamemaker studio: a lot of experience
    *notes*: My skype is : Fredrik.verriest
    and I am currently following a course of 3d moddeling and gamemaker.
    engines such as blender, craftmix and Unity 3D
    11/28/2012 2:29 pm
    dajakos
    I have added you.
    11/26/2012 9:40 pm
    Level 40 : Master Goblin
    ItsBill
    Let's be realistic here, CoD took hundreds of people several thousands of hours each to make.
    11/27/2012 10:42 am
    dajakos
    Call of Duty would be a very easy game to make, that's why half of there time is spent on bug testing and attempting to make things unique which half the time aren't.
    11/27/2012 6:37 pm
    Level 40 : Master Goblin
    ItsBill
    But that implies the OP isn't going to test for bugs, making for a very buggy game.
    11/26/2012 2:36 pm
    Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
    Trackie
    Just telling you...with gamemaker studio you aren't going to get anywhere close to that and at best will achieve a mediocore fan base to what your game will be known as an "indie zombie game" don't waste your time with this kiddo stuff, go learn how to write Java, C++ etc...or try working with Unity 3D I'm currently making a game in Unity 3D and it's the easiest platform I've ever used.

EDIT ~ Also just saying how you compare your games to others and use the exact same ideas? you can't do that...it's called copyright. and your game will just be known as a clone of the real thing that everyone loves.

do you know why those games were sucsessful? BECAUSE THEY WERE ORIGINAL. noone had ever gone to the extent to create a game like they had, make your own game not a clone, then you can sell it.
    11/27/2012 10:40 am
    dajakos
    I understand everything you have said and partly agree, the reason I am using game maker is because it is easy to learn, I can then build up.
    The games I will be making will not be clones as they will have a different feel, zombies will act different, and if what do said about "clones" were true, there would still be multiple gun games and the one person who originally made a gun game who is extremely pissed off.
    11/26/2012 3:15 pm
    KachingZ-delete-pls
    QUOTE:
    Well, that's not entirely true though,... The cod series weren't original, they are succesfull and have a stable base of players. It's just , technology evolved over so much years and games just started to look more fun to play, Example: Space invaders, Atari's (not sure Atari) first big hit game in their "game console". You get to shoot the enemies while the enemies are moving towards you in group. These days space invaders is completly re-moddled with 3D graphics because EVERYTHING evolved.
    For the Quote: I agree with your thoughts on gamemaker though,... Gamemaker is a pretty basic tool and you aren't going to get far making a DayZ like game with gamemaker.
    For the starter of this topic: You get to start with gamemaker, but you are going to completly fail in making a DayZ like game , Start with blender and Unreal ,Unity 3D(The unreal-tournament series are made with this) modellers.
    And Seriously, I didn't intend to pick on you (so sorry if I offended you) but it never hurts to chase your dreams!!!!
    I'm Currently following a course of 9months in Gamemaker and 3d modellers , sadly everything is in dutch . ( I'm from Belgium).
    11/26/2012 2:24 pm
    Level 50 : Grandmaster Answer
    njaxnvtt1
    =D
    11/25/2012 4:24 pm
    Level 36 : Artisan Mountaineer
    BloodshotGRayfox
    Skype username:grayfox124
    Experience with programs similar to GameMaker Studio;I've had GM for almost 3 years, haven't used in a while, a little rusty
    Experience with using 3D modelling programs: 1-10: 6
    How much time are you willing to spend?: 50% +
    If you don't have any/much experience, how fast are you able to learn?: Pretty fast
    How creative are you?: Does CHuck Norris have a beard?
    Anything else:Nope.
    11/26/2012 1:53 pm
    dajakos
    I added you on skype, show me what you can do.
    Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
    www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome