Is Minecraft like Skyrim?

RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad12/20/15 2:42 am
1 emeralds 490 4
12/20/2015 11:48 am
Foosky's Avatar Foosky
Hey there fellow gaming brothas

I have been in my bunker for few months away from the internet to avoid Star Wars spoilers and I also have my exams.

So I have a question, is Skyrim and Minecraft a bit similar? I am asking this because Skyrim was completely different from other RPG games of its genre and Skyrim is more simple yet full of possibilities, where exploration is rewarding. Sure you cannot build anything you want lol but Isn't Minecraft a little bit same? We now have shields, our main quest is to kill an evil dragon, be in a world full of creatures, we have full freedom to do anything even ignore killing the dragon or going to the nether. Even in Minecraft exploring is rewarding. We can enchant, we need lapiz (soul gem) and exp (charge) for enchanting and we can have vast sets of armor all randomly enchanted and named. Damn, we also have command blocks from which we can make so many vannila stuff similar to skyrim.

We can always jump, jump, jump, jump to cross mountains in Minecraft and Skyrim

I know that is it typical for all these to be in RPGs, but these both games are a little different from their genres and similar to each other.
RenegadeRad
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer