Minecraft or Roblox?

ChocolateGhast's Avatar ChocolateGhast6/14/18 8:35 am
7/19/2018 5:11 am
LimeInABush's Avatar LimeInABush
So, which do you prefer?
ChocolateGhast
Level 24 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/14/2018 9:20 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
*Asks this on a minecraft forum*
06/15/2018 10:56 am
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
this question gets asked here like once a week
06/15/2018 11:43 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
BioPowered
Scroll through the Discussion Forum Activity and there are at least 4 Roblox threads in there... Is this Planet Roblox? I don't think so.
06/14/2018 7:48 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
Trader
you are on a Minecraft-Based website people are going to vote for minecraft.
06/14/2018 7:42 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
MayorCatz
You know people are going to say minecraft since you posted this on a minecraft fansite?
06/14/2018 7:56 pmhistory
ChocolateGhast
Thats why i did this lol!
06/14/2018 2:23 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Sorurus
Both are unique games. This is like comparing potatoes to oranges. It just doesn't work. Plus, this discussion feels like it's from 2013, when childish fights about two creation games were sweeping the nation.
06/20/2018 3:19 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
What is so wrong about roblox besides:

1. It's online.
2. It went bankrupt (if it went bankrupt, why is it still around?!??!?!?)

Personally, I do prefer ROBLOX, but don't start killing me yet, because then again, there are qualities in Minecraft that I do really like.

One thing about ROBLOX that I like better, is that it's free to download. There is no "Demo" and all that crap, whereas Minecraft is around $28- $30.

One thing I do like about Minecraft is that you don;t have to download a studio to create things. In ROBLOX, if you want to create somethin', you have to download the studio. Plus, you have to code (or use free models, which most of the time suck.) certain things, where Minecraft, just go your resources needed and heck build it with no coding or buying!

One thing I love both about each game is how much people love them so they can keep 'em going. If there was no players around to play both of these games, they would be mindless pieces of crap, just empty and mindless....

Last thing: One thing I hate about both is how much trolls want to ruin other's experiences. No need for explanations since most of you have experience that.

So, like Sorurus, both are unqiue games and have their pros/cons.

I think they're quite equal.
07/02/2018 4:08 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
AgentShieldjj
nothing wrong with Roblox (I like it) but minecraft is better
06/18/2018 8:14 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
anonpmc1572080
[deleted]
06/18/2018 8:41 am
Level 49 : Master Nerd
FireBellFairy
I completely agree with you.
Though on Minecraft, if you have no internet connection, no wi-fi, etc
you can't acess multi-player servers.
06/18/2018 1:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
anonpmc1572080
[deleted]
06/17/2018 1:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
RepublicOfMars
I prefer Minecraft, but I play Roblox with my younger friends sometimes.
06/14/2018 5:08 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
To me this boils down to "online games" vs "offline games, with online capabilities" and then the answer should be obvious: offline games win.

Think about it: when the company behind Roblox goes bankrupt then you can kiss your Roblox builds goodbye because they only exist within online 'Roblox space'. Without the company or without Internet for that matter you won't be able to play or access any of your hard work anymore.

Offline games, such as Minecraft, allow you to play on your computer. Offline. If Mojang were to go bankrupt tomorrow then I'd definitely be sad about not seeing 1.13 getting released but i can still continue playing my game. I can access all my builds, my worlds, everything.

What's that? No auth server? First: your access tokens get cached, so even without Internet access will you be able to launch your Minecraft games. Second: in this scenario I wouldn't be bothered by seeking out "alternative solutions" anymore.

But let's get back to the issue: I keep my work, I keep access to all my builds, and I can continue playing.

That is why an offline game (with online capabilities) will always outweigh an online game for me.
06/14/2018 1:18 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Lemon
Kawaii
So, it kind of depends on which station you play Minecraft on. I play on Java Edition / PC Edition because I can play with SO MANY friends at once, have unlimited servers, and in my opinion, it is much easier to play with a mouse in your hand. But with Pocket Edition / IPad or IPhone, I don’t find it that easy to play. But, overall, even though Roblox is a cool game, I just find it a little boring sometimes. But, ROBLOX is amazingly fun sometimes! But, I still prefer Minecraft. It’s really fun.
07/19/2018 5:11 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
LimeInABush
Minecraft for life
07/02/2018 8:48 pm
Level 26 : Expert Robot
lachrymose
I like the concept of Roblox, encouraging kids to code, 3D model, and interact with other kids, but ultimately I feel that it's not executed very well.
  • The graphics are just kind of uncomfortable to look at (don't get me wrong, Minecraft doesn't excel in the graphics department either, but at least there are additional downloads that can make it look better)
  • Though the game is initially free, you have to spend money to dress up your avatar basically at all. Note that this is also a problem in some versions of Minecraft, except with those you have to buy the game too so it's probably even worse
  • There's like, a weird amount of scammers? This might have something to do with the amount that real-life currency is used in the game...people are desperate to get Robux, a lot of little kids play the game, and it's free to register accounts, which makes Roblox a perfect target. This isn't Roblox's fault necessarily, but it is a major downside so i'm mentioning it anyway.
So, yeah. Those are my ramble-esque thoughts on the matter. I understand this is a popular debate and all, but I'm tired of hearing it honestly. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and people should play games that they enjoy
06/21/2018 12:40 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Princess
PufferJackets
Moincreft
06/15/2018 1:06 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
Crazyblocks2004
they both have there ups and downs
06/14/2018 6:50 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
just remember this is a minecraft fansite
06/14/2018 7:55 pm
ChocolateGhast
Exactly!
06/14/2018 9:16 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
Minecraft java edition only, since bedrock edition has just as much of a paywall as roblox does. The marketplace is absolute crap!
06/14/2018 5:15 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Roblox
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome