Mobo not sending power to any devices

Arbiter_3x's Avatar Arbiter_3x4/30/14 7:00 pm
1 emeralds 125 2
4/30/2014 7:12 pm
Arbiter_3x's Avatar Arbiter_3x
Title states itself, I think.

I had just recently upgraded my PSU to a Cooler Master V1000, to replace my older CM Silent Pro Gold 1200w. After installation, the PC turned on normally, at least I thought so. I connected my peripherals like my keyboard to the PC, only to find that there was no power on the keyboard, alongside the mouse. Same goes for the monitor, which is connected to the GPU of course. My chassis fans are also not operating, though the processor fan is, along with the fans on the motherboard (Sabertooth Z87).

The Mobo has the green LED on as well.

I put the beeper-speaker on to the motherboard, though no sound came from it when I started it up.

I'm unsure what the issue is, any ideas?

Cheers,
~Imbri
Arbiter_3x
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/30/2014 7:12 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Arbiter_3x
^^^
I don't think the PSU is the issue, though I can't see the PSU fan at the moment, so I'l be flipping it over to see if it is operating. If not that, maybe the connector which is used to connect the PSU to the Mobo needs to be turned around... Unsure though. I've gotten some pretty good answers here though

Edit: Well, the Motherboard connector is too short to connect a flipped V1000. Starting to regret exchanging my old PSU for a new one. I can't tell if the fan is running or not. As for the connector itself though, I tried turning it around, though I realized that the pin amount was different on the other side of the connector, so that is a no no.

Still looking for those answers, honestly not really wanting to wait another month and a half to get another part fixed, especially when I have lots of heavy-duty photoshopping to do.
04/30/2014 7:08 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
This probably has to do with your power setup. Are you sure the accu has the right power needed for your motherboard? a to low current/wattage could cause the motherboard to not be able to send enough power to the devices making them unable to operate correctly altough this is verry unlikly.

I don't think PMC is the right place to post issues like this cuz you might end up getting derped over by someone who thinks he knows what to do while thats not the case.
(like me)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome