NEED HELP! BUILDING PC

FilthyClowns's Avatar FilthyClowns7/18/15 12:08 am
1 emeralds 251 3
7/18/2015 12:08 pm
Lacuna Corporation's Avatar Lacuna Corporation
Hey everyone i am building my pc and seem to be having a problem, im fairly new to it all. Okay i cannot seem to get my motherboard to power on, i plug the power supply into it and all and i have evrything installed already in the case and for some reason when i press the power button on the case nothing powers on not any fans or anything. but when i bridge 24 pin on the power supply it turns on as well as the hard drive and fan that its plugged into. Is the mother board damaged? Im not sure if i have the cases front panel plugged in all right but im almost positive.

Parts:

Power Supply- EVGA 500W Bronze 80+

Motherboard- GIGABYTE H81M-S1
FilthyClowns
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2015 12:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
You'll need to ensure that it's a complete circuit or it won't power on. For now assume that all of your parts are working fine. Have you actually connected everything yet? Are your CPU and GPU installed, DIMM slots full, etc.? Make sure that you've got everything connected up then try again. If not, post back (I have more suggestions, just wanted to check that everything is in first)
07/18/2015 12:01 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
Do you have both your power supply's 20+4 or 24 pin power connector and your 4/8 pin CPU connector plugged in firmly to the motherboard?

If you remember your PC's actual specs (you can also find them on the boxes that the parts came in), please post them here. If you still have a PCPartpicker link post that as well - you're using an older motherboard and if you're using a newer CPU it may require a BIOS update.

It may not be your motherboard - any component could have been DOA (dead on arrival). One component on the motherboard not working means the whole thing won't turn on, usually.
07/18/2015 10:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
FilthyClowns
bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome