In need of a new computer, need some tips :)

RagingJaguarGaming's Avatar RagingJaguarGaming10/27/13 4:46 am
10/27/2013 8:40 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I am having trouble too dude except I have 600$ (Australian dollars)
RagingJaguarGaming
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/27/2013 8:40 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
If you wanna save up some more, here's an ~$850 computer that I designed:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheShadbusher/saved/1xmP

I don't settle for "good enough." I go with powerful stuff that will last a long while.
10/27/2013 1:51 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
Eco212Thanks for your support guys. I found this on Amazon. How does it look?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaming-PC-3-4GH ... uctDetails

dont bother with it--the graphics are terrible
10/27/2013 11:06 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
_Shako
For everyone who is getting a new computer, I tell them that if you want to do more work stuff or gaming, get a Windows. If you want to do more creative stuff like photo and video editing, get a Mac.
10/27/2013 8:35 pm
Level 1 : New Network
kennethbgoodin
Not true at all. Photoshop and tons of video editing software run perfectly fine on Windows.

Eco212Thanks for your support guys. I found this on Amazon. How does it look?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaming-PC-3-4GH ... uctDetails

You're not going to be running shaders with that.
10/27/2013 11:02 am
Level 1 : New Network
kennethbgoodin
Pre-built at that budget isn't going to be very good, and shaders can be demanding, even on high-end PCs. Keep in mind; you get what you pay for.

LinuxGamingCentralMy budget is around $800 And Building My Gaming PC ill be able to Stream and also record 1080p games. Feeling Happy

Recording games at 1080p requires a fast hard drive, just so you know. If you're getting an average-speed drive and using it for your OS, you probably won't be able to maintain a good FPS at 1080p, just because the drive won't be able to keep up. I'd recommend shelling out the extra money to get a separate recording drive, or even a couple to put in RAID.
10/27/2013 10:57 am
Level 28 : Expert Architect
PixelVictim
I have the same problem, i have shity 2GB ACER laptop, i need something new like 6GB or 4 soo i can run minecraft atleast at normal distance and shaders, now im using game boosters, optifine, and tiny mode to run minecraft.
10/27/2013 10:12 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
LinuxGamingCentral
My budget is around $800 And Building My Gaming PC ill be able to Stream and also record 1080p games. Feeling Happy
10/27/2013 10:11 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
David Rain
Ok, I'll give you some TMart tips. "Hey guys, TMart here! And I'm suuuuuuper excited to teach you about new computers.....(insert long annoying commentary that doesn't help.). End of commentary. That's a take girls."
10/27/2013 10:06 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
TheCreeperConquest
Eco212
NuclearManxYou honestly cannot get a reasonable shader FPS for under £600 (GBP).

By reasonable I am talking 20-30 FPS.

You will have to spend more then your budget for that unless you build one. I have a $600 PC and I run regular Minecraft at 50 fps and Shaders at 10, of course I didn't build mine so I could have gotten a lot better.
10/27/2013 7:52 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
You honestly cannot get a reasonable shader FPS for under £600 (GBP).
10/27/2013 7:34 am
Level 25 : Expert Architect
ShadFrags
Ok so 250-300 $ isnt a good price range because you need a dedicated GPU which is quite costly and a good CPU so that the GPU isnt getting bottle necked in any way.

pcpartpicker.com/p/1br2G I recommend this build. Or something to do with AMD as a CPU because of their extremely low cost price NOTE: Keep in mind just because AMD is cheaper than Intel doesn't mean its a cheaply made cpu, AMD at the moment is keeping intel alive because of their new technologies.

Im sorry but in the world we live in today its going to cost at least 1K to create a pretty good capable gaming pc which can run games at reasonable settings.
10/27/2013 6:49 am
Karrfis
Eco212Guys, although I like your help with processors, graphics cards etc. I'm actually looking for links to computers within the specs I have stated. Thanks!

your not gonna find a good pre-built computer for £200

the current computer i own cost me £170 and is pre-built and it is a pile of ****

the only way to get a cheap pc with the specs you need is either be really lucky on e-bay or build your own (its not that hard to build your own)
10/27/2013 6:33 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Modder
iiSh4dOwX
Doggle
iiSh4dOwXWhat ever you do make sure you look at an nvida graphics card

Nvidia is a good option for a pc when you have a lot of cash, in tighter budget you generally want to be looking at AMD as the fact is they are cheaper, and have the same quality (or there abouts).

I totally agree with you.
10/27/2013 6:27 am
Karrfis
well in my siggy is a link to a pastebin that is quite a goo pc...it is £450-£500 though which is over your budget...if you want a good gaming desktop £400 is your lowest price for a decent pc
10/27/2013 6:25 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Modder
iiSh4dOwX
What ever you do make sure you look at an nvida graphics card
10/27/2013 6:29 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
Nvidia is a good option for a pc when you have a lot of cash, in tighter budget you generally want to be looking at AMD as the fact is they are cheaper, and have the same quality (or there abouts).

Here is a computer build. It may not be the best possible because my brain isn't in top notch performance at 9.30 at night unfortunately. You could probably find something for cheaper, but hope it helps. Also it is unfortunately about $773

I did some more looking and found this on newegg.
10/27/2013 4:50 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
RagingJaguarGaming
thx
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome