Opinions on The New Apple Products?

Rice's Avatar Rice9/10/15 4:48 pm
9/17/2015 6:12 pm
Tech's Avatar Tech
So.... if you haven't found out yet the new iPhone 6s, 6s+, and iPad Pro were announced yesterday. What do you think about them? I personally will probably get the 6S in a few months.

Here is a picture of the iPhones

and the iPad

no arguing pls no lockey lock wanted

also mods if someone already made a post for this sorry wasn't in any of the correct sections
Rice
Level 36 : Artisan Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/17/2015 6:12 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Tech
You know sometimes I wonder why I don't have many friends, then I remind myself that I own an AT&T phone and an Amazon tablet.
09/17/2015 3:02 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
This is what happen when Steven Jobs died.
Apple begun to be worse and worse for every product. Yes they make some improvements but still. It's the same every time, the only difference being a few features added, and a new number...
09/17/2015 6:38 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
supernotch893
Apple's too expensive for me.

In all seriousness, Apple stuff is too pricy. I also prefer the MS Surface Pro (even though that too is pricy, but it's more open).
Here's what's been ripped:
Apple Pencil: Galaxy S-Pen (Samsung)
iPad Pro Keyboard: Surface Keyboard (MS)
Snapping: Windows 8/8.1 (MS)

And where's your OSX tablet, Apple?
09/17/2015 1:13 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Don't forget the Surface Pen and all its iterations.

And for an OSX tablet: unless they wanted to port OSX over to ARM, they would have to put an x86 chip in an iPad (which would probably end up being a Core M or Atom CPU - neither of which are all that impressive graphically).
09/17/2015 1:17 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
09/16/2015 10:39 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Baconator
Diamonddozen
Honestly, I am very biased when it comes to phones. Anything that Apple has to do with I do don't really care about, but I've decided to at least look at the features. I don't think the iPencil or whatever they're calling it is very useful. The Samsung Galaxy Note has had the S-Pen with it since the start of Note chain, and it doesn't cost anything extra, and it doesn't require charging. I do, however, like that you can play YouTube on an apple product with the screen off. Samsung can not do that. I just think that Apple is way to overpriced, but then again so is Samsung. I personally think that LG makes the best smartphones currently.
09/16/2015 10:26 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
PMKat
Google did steal some things from Apple, as Apple had the first smart phone, and they were working hand in hand. They couldn't have been doing that the whole time and then made Samsungs and have them totally original, though not everything is stolen from them.

emmm, no Apple didn't make the first smart phone. In fact, IBM and BellSouth made the first smart phone, which came out to the public in 1993, 14 years before the first iPhone.

And I wouldn't say either copied each other. They just built on top of each other. I honestly think Samsung and Apple wouldn't be in a suing feud, if it wasn't for Apple suing over every little thing, for example, round edges on a device. They didn't start that, so why can they sue for that? Also the same thing that is happening with Spotify. Apple is trying to take them down so their music has a bigger impact on the market. Apple is a very greedy and shady company imo.
09/16/2015 10:12 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
CaptainMurica
_lycalopex_Apple has never failed to be innovative.

Objectively speaking, these new products are not really innovative. Sure, they are using a new chip that's actually pretty powerful compared to previous Apple A-series chips, but the features that everyone is raving about are pretty much what other companies (specifically Microsoft) have been offering for years.

Exactly, since when is recycling other companies ideas innovative?
09/13/2015 10:13 am
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
PMKat
Spotify -> Apple Music
A $2 tablet pen -> $99 iPencil
OS X Side by side windows
Apple Maps -> Google Maps (seriously, why couldn't they have Google maps just preinstalled??)
Apple Maps has public transit (something Google Maps has had since 2012)
Side by side window viewing (Oh, come on, samsung has had this for years at least)
Deleting emails by swiping (even this feature was stolen)

It sounds to me as if Apple Music is a bit more involved with the artists, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested it out

Yes,Apple Music is much more involved with the artists. You should get the free trail!
09/11/2015 7:17 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
baste
PMKat
Spotify -> Apple Music
Apple Maps -> Google Maps (seriously, why couldn't they have Google maps just preinstalled??)
Side by side window viewing (Oh, come on, samsung has had this for years at least)

It sounds to me as if Apple Music is a bit more involved with the artists, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tested it out
Also, though I do believe that $99 is ridiculous, it is probably more compatible with iDevices rather then a generic tablet pen. It may also be less damaging to the device's screen. Once more, not sure, as I haven't looked into it.
Nothing to say on the OS X part. I use Windows because they happen to cost less.
Well if you were legitimately asking why Google maps wasn't preinstalled that's because Apple and Google stopped their partnership and it isn't apple manufactured. (oops I really just said that)
Deleting emails by swiping was probably not purposely stolen. It's a simple function.
I am not trying to fued but instead stating my opinion.
Google did steal some things from Apple, as Apple had the first smart phone, and they were working hand in hand. They couldn't have been doing that the whole time and then made Samsungs and have them totally original, though not everything is stolen from them.

Certainly I know you're not trying to feud, but in reality, all phone companies copy each other one way or another. If, let's say, Apple didn't have the swipe to delete email feature, people would complain. Now that they do, people are saying they copy Google.

It all comes down to preference, what you like better. People like apple because of it's easy to use functionality, and simple UI. I like my Galaxy S6 because I like playing a lot of mobile games on my phone, having the ability to install custom ROMs, and just fully customizing it, instead of just having a few pages of apps and that's it. Like I said, people like just having those apps because they're all there in that one spot, nothing out of place, you always, no matter what, know where something is.

I love apple (typing this on a Mac right now), but I personally prefer Windows and such for gaming and everyday use, and I love my Macbook Pro for school, not having to worry where something is.
09/11/2015 10:10 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
I see no difference to the other ones
Apple in a nut shell
09/11/2015 7:48 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
People are always going to complain about apple even if they don't know anything about the released products..
I personally am so happy about the ipad pro, I do digital illustration and they're trying to get more involved in the graphic tablet market and wow they've done a good job.

They have photoshop for the ipad now, the screens pixel amount is double a HD cintiq 22inch screen at 5 million pixels, the screen is pressure sensitive rather than the stylus and its so accurate and wow is it so much lighter and useful than just spending £1700 on a heavy cintiq screen compared to a £700 light ipad thats more powerful. Its a great size to be used as a graphic tablet too.
Want one! Looking forward to seeing how well it runs with illustration.

Everyones taking the piss out of the stylus, but the stylus isn't to replace your finger its for writing and drawing as they're aiming for that market with the ipad pro.
09/11/2015 7:34 am
Rice
Guys, please do not bring up other phones or tablets saying they are better as this is not what the thread is about. Thanks, don't want to get this locked.
09/11/2015 7:58 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Well said, personally I'm sick and tired of people comparing different phone OS's honestly it's the person's preference, not to shove opinions down one's throat. I like Apple OS for it's simplicity and more security on the App Store, and it syncs up with iTunes and my other apple devices. I'd look into the iPhone 6s when I go for my next phone plan.
09/11/2015 3:16 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I don't like/hate Apple in pretty much everything they do, so I would say I do not like the new Apple products
09/11/2015 3:13 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
It's just going to be the same phone, but with a different number at the end of the name.

Get a Samsung phone instead. Android is 100 times better.
09/11/2015 3:07 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0

When was the last time they innovated?
09/10/2015 11:05 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
Don't really see the point of what I've seen.

The "Pencil" won't really be used by any professional digital artist and the way it charges is probably one of the stupidest design decisions I've seen. Also overpriced.

Nothing new with the iPhone, Android is still ahead.

I have no idea why they would give the iPad pro a slightly boosted version of iOS instead of OSX, that basically ruins it for most people.
09/10/2015 8:01 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
I would want the iPhone 6s if it wasn't, like, practically the size of my house. Goodness, that thing is an iPad with a phone number.

I've been trying to get ahold of a 5 for a long time now, but I guess my old 4s will stay with me a bit longer. >_>
09/10/2015 7:59 pm
oh_wow333
SidtomThe look pretty.

I'm personally not going to be buying one. I'll stick with my iPad 3 thank you very much. I'm more excited about IOS 9 which looks like a lot of fun.

Oh yes iOs 9 is very fun! I HAVE THE BETA ;D
09/10/2015 7:58 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
sidtom
They look pretty.

I'm personally not going to be buying one of the new things. I'll stick with my iPad 3 thank you very much. I'm more excited about IOS 9 which looks like a lot of fun.
09/10/2015 7:54 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Noodly_Doodly
TBH, I'd rather stay with the iPhone 5 & iPad 3 because the new ones can't do much that the old ones couldn't, although definitely wouldn't buy a Surface Pro!
09/10/2015 7:42 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1971178
[deleted]
09/10/2015 7:35 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
mineplexshi
I love Apple. The Iphone 6s and 6+s already came out.

I wanna get da Ipad pro

LOOKS SO LEGENDARY!

How ever, I already have a Ipod 5. I think that Apple is too advance, Cause' Ipod 6 already came out.
09/10/2015 6:50 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
nikh
Gimme

I need this in my life.
09/10/2015 6:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
TheArchitect_95
I use Microsoft for any Desktop purposes and iDevices for portable work and entertainment, they have their individual merits. I jokingly pledged that if Apple brought out a so-called "iPad Pro" then I'd buy one. I'm not laughing now
09/10/2015 5:44 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
PMKat
Spotify -> Apple Music

Also, though I do believe that $99 is ridiculous, it is probably more compatible with iDevices rather then a generic tablet pen. It may also be less damaging to the device's screen. Once more, not sure, as I haven't looked into it.
Nothing to say on the OS X part. I use Windows because they happen to cost less.
Well if you were legitimately asking why Google maps wasn't preinstalled that's because Apple and Google stopped their partnership and it isn't apple manufactured. (oops I really just said that)
Deleting emails by swiping was probably not purposely stolen. It's a simple function.
I am not trying to fued but instead stating my opinion.
09/10/2015 5:28 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
baste
Apple, not my first choice in products. The new Macbook Pro (the one that's $2,500) looks pretty damn awesome, though. It can run GTA 5 @ 60FPS. I thought it was cool, and that I might wanna get it, until I realized I could build a computer that's 2x better for half the price. Not putting down apple or anything, people love them because of their simplicity and functionality. I've always been quite the opposite, Android and Windows. I do have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro for schoolwork, and I do love it. But, what personally annoys me more than anything, is the fact people believe companies (e.g Google that created Android) totally 100% copied Apple, and that they're 100% original. I mean, come on.

Spotify -> Apple Music

That's just a few...

Don't wanna start any comment wars or anything, Apple and Google/Microsoft/Any other company are all innovative in their own ways. I had an iPod 3g/4g/5g/6g and an iPhone 4 before I got my first Galaxy S6. I'm even typing this on a MacBook Pro as we speak. All companies are all great and innovative and unique in all different ways-like I said-just annoys me that people think Apple is 100% original

Well, that's the end of my rant. Good day, folks.
09/10/2015 5:23 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
PMKat
I don't like that their products keep getting larger. It keeps getting harder to fit things in my pocket. Personally think that the iPhone 5c is the perfect size of phones that Apple has bad so far. I do like that pink, and I agree that a cheaper Apple Watch would be nice. I like the keyboard, and I'm excited to see what's coming new for the Apple TV.
09/10/2015 5:19 pm
Leeberator

Objectively speaking, these new products are not really innovative. Sure, they are using a new chip that's actually pretty powerful compared to previous Apple A-series chips, but the features that everyone is raving about are pretty much what other companies (specifically Microsoft) have been offering for years.
09/10/2015 5:16 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
IPad Pro will be huge (from what I have seen) and is what everyone makes fun of Apple for - making their products bigger and bigger. But i guess it is ok.
09/10/2015 5:15 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1072506
[deleted]
09/10/2015 5:05 pm
oh_wow333
I love all of Apple's products. These, from the pictures I have seen (I haven't gone around to watching WWDC /o\ sorry) Haven't failed to impress me. The addition of a pink, more feminine color just made me fall of my char lol. The iPad is very nice too. Apple has never failed to be innovative.

If it's not an iPhone, It's not an iPhone - Apple Ad

Go Apple.

EDIT: I saw that I didn't mention the new apple tv but yeah same thing goes for it
09/10/2015 4:55 pm
Leeberator
This is a comic from 2012. Look how it all played out so perfectly.

09/10/2015 4:56 pm
Rice
OMG BEST INVENTION 2K15

GG APPLE YAS
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome