3D SANDBOX VIDEO GAME IN DEVELOPMENT!

Pikachu089's Avatar Pikachu0899/28/14 6:04 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 33
10/6/2014 6:01 pm
Cool_Man7's Avatar Cool_Man7
Me and 2 other people are creating a computer game called Vixel, which is a 3D Sandbox where you craft, build, mine, and fight. You can put on armor to not take much damage. You can craft weapons to deal lots of damage. You can build a fortress to keep you safe from the monsters. It's sort of like Minecraft, except there's more monsters like bears, dragons, and owls. There's also the Over world, the world you spawn in, Underworld, the hell-like world of demons, and the After world, the heavenly world of angels. You can do whatever you set your mind to. I also had this idea where you could go to different dimensions from other video games like Mario and COD. Please tell me what you think of my ideas, and I'm taking ideas, tips, etc.! Please help out! Thank you!

-Pikachu089
Pikachu089
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/05/2014 9:19 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
cmondinger
If you need an alpha tester, hit me up!
10/05/2014 7:44 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Ignore the haters, this sounds like an awesome game and if MC ever goes down I will play this game.
10/05/2014 7:37 pm
Pikachu089
I've been thinking, and people are right. I should instead create mods for minecraft. But thanks for the support anyways, I'll start making mods soon
09/30/2014 9:54 am
Level 39 : Artisan Artist
Chawawaa
I wouldn't mind being a beta tester for this game. Seems like fun! I normally play on my Mac but I do have a windows computer available if needed. Contact me when/if you ever need a beta tester.
09/30/2014 9:31 am
Level 23 : Expert Geek
trollmad3
DCK1234
Pikachu089Me and 2 other people are creating a computer game called Vixel, which is a 3D Sandbox where you craft, build, mine, and fight. You can put on armor to not take much damage. You can craft weapons to deal lots of damage. You can build a fortress to keep you safe from the monsters. It's sort of like Minecraft, except there's more monsters like bears, dragons, and owls. There's also the Over world, the world you spawn in, Underworld, the hell-like world of demons, and the After world, the heavenly world of angels. You can do whatever you set your mind to. I also had this idea where you could go to different dimensions from other video games like Mario and COD. Please tell me what you think of my ideas, and I'm taking ideas, tips, etc.! Please help out! Thank you!

-Pikachu089

He wants to make a new game not a mod

minecraft with mods, here you go.
your game already exist
09/30/2014 9:31 am
Level 23 : Expert Geek
trollmad3
Here is my tips for makeing a great sandbox 3D game.

-Dont just make blocky signs or doors. Add some triangles circles ect.
- Make good graphics If you make good graphics people will LOVE the game

There are my tips im sorry that i only did 2

Good luck.
09/30/2014 8:58 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
Pikachu089Me and 2 other people are creating a computer game called Vixel, which is a 3D Sandbox where you craft, build, mine, and fight. You can put on armor to not take much damage. You can craft weapons to deal lots of damage. You can build a fortress to keep you safe from the monsters. It's sort of like Minecraft, except there's more monsters like bears, dragons, and owls. There's also the Over world, the world you spawn in, Underworld, the hell-like world of demons, and the After world, the heavenly world of angels. You can do whatever you set your mind to. I also had this idea where you could go to different dimensions from other video games like Mario and COD. Please tell me what you think of my ideas, and I'm taking ideas, tips, etc.! Please help out! Thank you!

-Pikachu089

minecraft with mods, here you go.
your game already exist
09/30/2014 7:15 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
This is going great.
09/29/2014 5:09 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
bctype108
How are you making this? Like what softwares and stuff?
09/29/2014 5:07 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
So how are you going to make this? For example what programming language or engine are you going to make it in?
10/06/2014 6:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Modder
Cool_Man7
This. Some more info would be nice too. Like mechanics/gameplay ideas/logo and of that sort. Not trying to be a hater, but some more information would be nice. What you explained in the OP was almost the exact same thing as Minecraft with mods. You should have the OP be a bit more professional looking. It does not matter if it is just an idea or something that has been worked on for years, it should look a bit more professional. Use this for inspiration: deadfrost-online-mmo-making-t421321.html
All in all, I wish you luck with the game.
09/29/2014 5:04 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I think what the title should be is "Minecraft with mods"
09/28/2014 9:04 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Toast
WillyWonka125
I think someone beat you to this, bud. Planets3 (Planets Cubed) is almost identical to this, and they raised over $300k from their Kickstarter.

However, you did mention some things that aren't on the roadmap for P3. You oughta sign up on their forums and shoot your ideas at them.
09/28/2014 8:49 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
This sounds cool

Minecraft is copied from infiniminer and minetest is copying minecraft right now
09/28/2014 8:45 pm
Pikachu089
Thanks everyone for the advice (and criticism from someone who has a 'J' and a 'Rolo' in their name ) and I will definitely take it into consideration. Thanks for the support!

-Pikachu089
09/28/2014 8:33 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
CheesyRice
J_RoloYeah...... This is going to end up dead in a month, no doubt. Even if it DOES make it, Mojang or Microsoft can (and will) easily call copyright, and shut you down if you ever make it anywhere. You posting this on a Minecraft website isn't helping either.

Definately, because microsoft owns the trademark to a sandbox survival game.

Op if you finish this i'll play it.

Love the sarcasm
09/28/2014 10:16 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
Sounds trite.
09/28/2014 10:13 am
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
I'm pretty sure using a mod pack would be a lot easier.
09/28/2014 9:51 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
You would have better luck making a mod for minecraft, because from what I can see, you just came up with a "Super ultra epic gamez" that's just minecraft with one or two more things added.
09/29/2014 5:24 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Modder
ASHninja97
I have to agree with this quote from Rawkstarscotty.

What your talking about doing is going to be very, very similar to Minecraft. It seems like your adding a couple new features to it that aren't already in Minecraft. I don't want to make you think you shouldn't do it, but people aren't really going to like a game that looks like it was copied off Minecraft. Plus, like Rawkstarscotty said, you would be better off making a mod.

Hoped this helped
~ASHninja1997
09/28/2014 9:49 am
Level 24 : Expert Ranger
SuperSwoosh
Sounds cool man, good luck.
09/28/2014 9:25 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
Akeustlom
Hm... cool.
09/28/2014 9:24 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder
J_Rolo
Yeah...... This is going to end up dead in a month, no doubt. Even if it DOES make it, Mojang or Microsoft can (and will) easily call CopyRight, and shut you down if you ever make it anywhere. You posting this on a Minecraft website isn't helping either.
09/30/2014 7:25 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Kahtahn
He's not completely copying Minecraft. 1,000's of people are making little games like this. Him posting it on a Minecraft site isn't doing anything bad. It's gonna be fine. You just don't really know what you're talking about.
09/28/2014 8:33 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Definately, because microsoft owns the trademark to a sandbox survival game.

Op if you finish this i'll play it,

(make sure to add triangles)
09/28/2014 8:42 pm
Pikachu089
Thanks, CheesyRice, but it might not be ready for play for a couple years, because not only will it have everything that minecraft or gmod have, it will have MORE
09/28/2014 8:27 pm
Pikachu089
Yeah, thanks for giving me! That totally helps! and anyways, Microsoft IS Mojang, now, because Microsoft bought Mojang for 2.5 BILLION dollars. Soooooo, have fun giving everyone...
09/28/2014 9:20 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Interesting. This game may turn out really good. Here are some tips:
-Don`t make the monsters blocky like in Minecraft.
-The world should be made of bigger and smaller blocks with different sizes.
-Various blocks, ores, trees etc.
Good luck
09/28/2014 9:12 am
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
ShadowCatEXE
Try not to make it in a blocky world. Maybe add some triangles, circles, Big walls/floors that can be crafted. And try not to use the same sort of tools for building/mining. Maybe you have to hit a block for it to stay with a hammer, or place glue in a spot where a block would go.. To simulate sort of real building... Instead of just place and break.
09/28/2014 6:51 am
Level 35 : Artisan Blockhead
Bubz
Good luck!
09/28/2014 6:27 am
Level 25 : Expert Musician
de2truction
Seems extremely similar, but the real thing that may set your game apart from minecraft would be what engine you use, so... What engine are you using?
09/28/2014 11:29 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
Mechanics set games apart, not engines.
09/29/2014 4:56 pm
Level 25 : Expert Musician
de2truction
He mentioned the mechanics, they're similar (as I said)... So... The engine is the only other thing that will set the game apart...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome