Scratches on Alienware

sage379's Avatar sage3791/7/15 6:07 pm
1 emeralds 804 7
1/7/2015 7:21 pm
nammerbom's Avatar nammerbom
Hello, I don't know of another forum with a friendly community that could possibly answer this question, so I am posting it here. A few weeks ago, I purchased an Alienware 13 laptop. I took it to school in my bookbag daily, and it now has multiple light scratches on the back of it's screen (not sure what that part is called). By back of the screen, I mean on the back of the screen. Is there any products I could use to repair it for cheap? Thanks ^_^
sage379
Level 23 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/07/2015 7:21 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
What is the back of the computer made of and what kind of finish does it have?
Plastic or metal? Glossy or matte?
Just going to drop this right now but you arent going to fix scratches if the back of it is plastic with a matte finish, its in there for good
01/07/2015 6:14 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
So you mean the top of the laptop? I don't know what you can do to repair those scratches for cheap, but to prevent more, just wrap the laptop in something soft, like a t-shirt or thin blanket (you could go out and buy a laptop cover, too).
01/07/2015 6:18 pm
sage379
Is there a way I could repair it without purchasing a new top? Also, I ordered a sleeve to prevent more scratches. I want to remove the current scratches on the laptop as well so it'll be scratchless and continue to stay that way.
01/07/2015 6:24 pm
Leeberator
This guy shows you how to remove surface scratches from laptops. His laptop has a glossy finish on it though, so I can't guarantee that the same method will work on a matte finish.

[yt]5dH1iyrMKSU[/yt]
01/07/2015 6:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
Schwerpunkt_
I dont believe it will. OP, I wouldnt recommend you trying that.
01/07/2015 6:49 pm
sage379
Okay, I will not. The back of alienware laptops are made with a different material as well, I believe the process is different and most tools to remove scratches may not work. I've seen spray things for cars, could one of those work? Probably not, just an idea.
01/07/2015 6:56 pm
Leeberator
What the guy uses in the video is essentially the same as the stuff you're talking about. It's fairly easy to remove clearcoat scratches.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome